Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

EA says "no new sw games before 2014"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
EA says "no new sw games before 2014"

Wolfninjajedi
05.08.2013 , 01:41 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Wait, do you get to hunt the Gungans or...
No its really just a battle. Only instead you choose between Super Battle Droids or Gungans.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere
05.08.2013 , 01:41 PM | #22
You can either hunt gungans or play as gungans and hunt super battle droids. The battle really just turns into gungan grenade spam because that's all they have.
Added Chapter 44 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Taleek
05.08.2013 , 01:41 PM | #23
You could play as them or play as SBDs or something against them. But the Gungans were terrible since all they had for weapons were grenades so there was basically no way to lose to them.

Also, is anyone else excited by the fact that DICE signed on to make a SW game? To me this screams Battlefront 3 at long last....
*insert witty retort that will become someone's signature*- Kitty Prawn
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=347245
.- Never forget.
"DPS is science, healing is art, tanking is strategy."

CassusVerda
05.08.2013 , 01:47 PM | #24
The only two that sound promising are Wolfpack and Order 67. Because Wolfpack could be about Plo Koon's Group and could feature a spiritual successor to Republic Commando's style of gameplay. Order 67 could be a Clone Commando/ARC Trooper Game again like Republic Commando that has a Renagade Squad of the Republic's Finest rebelling against Order 66 and enacting Order 67 as they feel the Chancellor is crazy and off his rocker. Which in my opinion would be a pretty cool game idea. Obviously they are going to get wiped out either by his royal guard, Vader, or by the Emprah himself Force Lightning Style. But it be pretty cool to do a "Inglorius Basterds" type game where you know they won't succeed but it's a nice story to tell.

I guess Wookiee Hunter could be okay....in a sorta Cabela Hunting/Far Cry kind of thing where you play as a Trandoshan or better a Mandalorian looking for glory with all sorts of gadgets and weapons as you hunt the most dangerous prey.

Though I think I need to stop giving people the benefit of the doubt that they will actually do something I thought of because it most of the time NEVER happens. Yea...there's no way we're going to see games like that. They're probably some lame website game or mobile app.
EBON HAWK
"THE MANDALORIANS"
http://themandalorians.enjin.com/home
Aliit Kohr: Mains: 55 Snip Ba'slan 55 Op AP-XT (Assassin Droid) 55 PT D'Cassus

Beniboybling
05.08.2013 , 01:54 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
You can either hunt gungans or play as gungans and hunt super battle droids. The battle really just turns into gungan grenade spam because that's all they have.
Oh really, well when I'm feeling some Gungan hate maybe I'll give it a go.

Doctoglethorpe
05.09.2013 , 12:50 AM | #26
Thread already moved on from this subject but I just have to say it. Idk why people interpret this "not before 2014" to mean "for sure in 2014." It just means nothing this year. Which.. duh.

Also, why do people mourn 1313 so much? All we had of it was a tech demo. Knowing LucasArts it would of been mediocre at best. Sure, the idea of it sounded lovely, but when have they ever delivered our expectations in the last decade? I mean, Force Unleashed looked amazing before it came out. Then everyone playing it and realized "oh.. yeah.. meh. I guess I should have expected that." But now we get saved from that experience repeating and everyone is crying. You silly short attention span folks.

Selenial
05.09.2013 , 04:02 PM | #27
Oh really, well when I'm feeling some Gungan hate maybe I'll give it a go.
Theyre annoying op, grenade spammers :P You can do ok, but the AI droids SUCK!
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Selenial
05.09.2013 , 04:04 PM | #28
Wampas in the Hoth Hunt map.
Ewoks in the Endor one...
Jawas vs Tusken raiders in the Moss Eisly one
Can't think of any others, but I have an aching feeling there's one more...
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.

Aurbere
05.09.2013 , 04:07 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Wampas in the Hoth Hunt map.
Ewoks in the Endor one...
Jawas vs Tusken raiders in the Moss Eisly one
Can't think of any others, but I have an aching feeling there's one more...
Wookiees on Kashyyyk.
Added Chapter 44 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Selenial
05.09.2013 , 04:09 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Wookiees on Kashyyyk.
Thats the one!
Wookiees vs Magnaguards!