Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

EA says "no new sw games before 2014"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
EA says "no new sw games before 2014"

Beniboybling
05.08.2013 , 10:31 AM | #12
Oh, they all sound kinda bad.

Given this news, I think its pretty clear that EA now has a complete monopoly over any future Star Wars games - with BioWare under their thumb. Is it good that BioWare's on board, yes. But then look what happened to Maxis...

TheBBP
05.08.2013 , 10:42 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Oh, they all sound kinda bad.

Given this news, I think its pretty clear that EA now has a complete monopoly over any future Star Wars games - with BioWare under their thumb. Is it good that BioWare's on board, yes. But then look what happened to Maxis...
Registered domain names could be anything. When they were making the prequel trilogy Lucasfilm registered LOADS of domain names in apparently an effort to cover everything that they could think of to direct anything back to starwars.com.

One that stood out to me at the time was that they registered something like "starwarsrickshaw" and it was all because of the droid that taxied Anakin and Padme to Watto's in Ep2 that saw maybe 6 total seconds of screen time.

Names are registered to protect ideas or marketing. Many times they end up being nothing since they will just tag the name of whatever game they are working on to the directory of their main site.

Beniboybling
05.08.2013 , 10:47 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Registered domain names could be anything. When they were making the prequel trilogy Lucasfilm registered LOADS of domain names in apparently an effort to cover everything that they could think of to direct anything back to starwars.com.

One that stood out to me at the time was that they registered something like "starwarsrickshaw" and it was all because of the droid that taxied Anakin and Padme to Watto's in Ep2 that saw maybe 6 total seconds of screen time.

Names are registered to protect ideas or marketing. Many times they end up being nothing since they will just tag the name of whatever game they are working on to the directory of their main site.
Ah I see, well apologies if my lack of knowledge concerning domain names came across as pathological pessimism. I suppose I misinterpreted your post for cynicism.

P.S. Just because I think the Rock sucks doesn't make me a 'downer' - it makes me a realist.

TheBBP
05.08.2013 , 10:53 AM | #15
Ah I see, well apologies if my lack of knowledge concerning domain names came across as pathological pessimism. I suppose I misinterpreted your post for cynicism.

P.S. Just because I think the Rock sucks doesn't make me a 'downer' - it makes me a realist.
I deleted the negative bits of my reply because I realized that you didn't deserve them. My apologies for even going there like that.

Either way, yeah. That list doesn't necessarily mean that we are getting 3 or 4 Gungan Frontiers games lol. Though it could be something like the kids games that they have at starwars.com.

Being that Lucasfilm became the umbrella for everything that is Star Wars, these could also be anything from books to games (board and video) to toys. It is really hard to say.

Beniboybling
05.08.2013 , 10:59 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
I deleted the negative bits of my reply because I realized that you didn't deserve them. My apologies for even going there like that.

Either way, yeah. That list doesn't necessarily mean that we are getting 3 or 4 Gungan Frontiers games lol. Though it could be something like the kids games that they have at starwars.com.

Being that Lucasfilm became the umbrella for everything that is Star Wars, these could also be anything from books to games (board and video) to toys. It is really hard to say.
No worries, I'm actually glad you brought that up else I'd have spent the rest of the day dreading some sort of Gungan Battlefront 3.

Selenial
05.08.2013 , 12:19 PM | #17
No worries, I'm actually glad you brought that up else I'd have spent the rest of the day dreading some sort of Gungan Battlefront 3.
Oh god.. Not again.
The "Hunt" mission where you could be gungans was bad enough...

Though, i liked that one too.. Every time i went CIS, my hate fueled our victory, dont think we ever lost
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
The Gate Crashing, Dragon Slaying, Eternal Warrior from Beyond.

Beniboybling
05.08.2013 , 01:34 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Oh god.. Not again.
The "Hunt" mission where you could be gungans was bad enough...

Though, i liked that one too.. Every time i went CIS, my hate fueled our victory, dont think we ever lost
There were Gungans in Battlefront?

Wolfninjajedi
05.08.2013 , 01:35 PM | #19
There were Gungans in Battlefront?
Ya in 2, in Hunt mode, Theed map.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling
05.08.2013 , 01:38 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Ya in 2, in Hunt mode, Theed map.
Wait, do you get to hunt the Gungans or...