Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

EA says "no new sw games before 2014"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
EA says "no new sw games before 2014"

ImmortalLowlife
05.08.2013 , 07:39 AM | #1
http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/05/07...ore-april-2014

Considering it was just announced, either they've been working on something quietly for a while or they're about to make mistake #1 and start rushing half done. glitchy, no thought or substance games to market as quickly as possible.
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

Server: The Shadowlands/ Guild~The Elite Imperial Guard & Order of the Light~

ZoeTuah
05.08.2013 , 08:02 AM | #2
Does this mean we've got an approximate release date for the next big Star Wars game?

Woo!

More seriousness though, it does seem unpleasant that they would outright state that. Does this mean they are not willing to consider publishing any indie Star Wars games whatsoever, or just that their own studios aren't working on any?

TheBBP
05.08.2013 , 08:21 AM | #3
Considering that 2013 is almost half over, that isn't much of a wait for games we don't know about yet.
Crosswire - Republic Commando / Balloch - Bounty Hunter
Co-Leader of WotM/ALitD Family/Christian Guilds
Site : Recruitment Thread
The Ebon Hawk

Pietrastor
05.08.2013 , 09:30 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Considering that 2013 is almost half over
This. If EA said "not before 2015" I would be a bit calmer but 2014? That's nowhere near enough to make quality AAA games unless they already worked on them for at least a year/two.

DarknessInLight
05.08.2013 , 09:42 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalLowlife View Post
http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/05/07...ore-april-2014

Considering it was just announced, either they've been working on something quietly for a while or they're about to make mistake #1 and start rushing half done. glitchy, no thought or substance games to market as quickly as possible.
Does it really matter? EA has not had many successful franchises and many of their titles are subpar(Medal of Honor anyone?). It frightens me the Disney has the entire Star Wars film franchise and the games(formerly Lucasarts).
Jedi do not fight for Peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading, as slogans always are. Jedi fight for Civilization, because only Civilization creates Peace. - Jedi Master Mace Windu

mattchanner
05.08.2013 , 09:45 AM | #6
seeing as the games are being made by the creators of Battlefield, deadspace, and kotor I don't give a **** if EA is pulling the strings
U MAD? Let go of your Anger.
Look I made a Dumb fan video too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USRec...el_video_title

TheBBP
05.08.2013 , 10:08 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by mattchanner View Post
seeing as the games are being made by the creators of Battlefield, deadspace, and kotor I don't give a **** if EA is pulling the strings
Surprisingly, if you play games like NCAA Football, FIFA, Madden and NHL Hockey, you will also understand that EA doesn't do that bad.
Crosswire - Republic Commando / Balloch - Bounty Hunter
Co-Leader of WotM/ALitD Family/Christian Guilds
Site : Recruitment Thread
The Ebon Hawk

Eillack
05.08.2013 , 10:11 AM | #8
Understandable that there won't be anything until after 2014.....but completely tossing 1313 was the worst part. Hopefully Darth Micky can find someone to take control of that project.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

mattchanner
05.08.2013 , 10:14 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
Understandable that there won't be anything until after 2014.....but completely tossing 1313 was the worst part. Hopefully Darth Micky can find someone to take control of that project.
Indeed I suspect 1313 will go through the same juggling act of licensing and development changes that killed battlefront 3 for so long.
U MAD? Let go of your Anger.
Look I made a Dumb fan video too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USRec...el_video_title

Eillack
05.08.2013 , 10:18 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by mattchanner View Post
Indeed I suspect 1313 will go through the same juggling act of licensing and development changes that killed battlefront 3 for so long.
And 1313 was much better than BF3 too haha. Though we'll get that before 1313 seeing that it really was 99% done, aside from textures.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.