Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

[Suggestion] Buff Olok the Shadow


Grimsblood's Avatar


Grimsblood
05.05.2013 , 05:10 PM | #11
@OP I completely agree on so many levels. Back on test I was asking for re-balancing the fights due to the ease at which they were cleared. When 2.0 went live, we went in and under 4 hours cleared the entire instance on 16 man HM (We never got close to completing the instance on test because we decided to work on the 16 Man NiM EC Title Runs). An argument can be made that my guild is on that top % for raiding and only NiM would provide a challenge, etc. However, I would like to direct everyone on that argument to HM EC. How long before that was cleared on 8 and then 16?

The large problem that ops difficulty has currently is that the devs have to make it easy enough for the majority of their player base to eventually beat. Otherwise they loose more subs. Quite frankly, if we want harder content.....we will need more Skilled Progression Raiders in this game. Most of them left because the game was too easy or there was not enough content to keep them around. IF we can convince everyone to come back and play that was here at launch, suffer through the first content update with them and then get to the second content update; we may just have a pretty darn good raiding game. But the odds of that happening are well......................I will let you guess.
DPS is science. Healing is art. Tanking is strategy.
Hippolytà - Level 50 Sentinel - Grimsblood - Level 55 Sage
Saphyria - Level 55 Sniper - Fenrîr - Level 55 Gunslinger

MichelvanMeerten's Avatar


MichelvanMeerten
05.05.2013 , 06:37 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Qvasar View Post
I'm sorry but that is exactly what it means. That is why story mode is on LFG, because it was designed with PUGs and casuals in mind.

If you are not casual, and are serious about raiding, you do hard mode operations.
If you are a hard core raider then you do nightmare mode operations.

Olok the Shadow, as with everything in the instance is ridiculously easy. I don't mind this being the case in story mode, since the majority of players should be able to complete story mode. Hard mode however is for well coordinated groups, and should be a challenge. On PTS it was, at the moment it is not.
No, casual means you play the game when you can/want or in the mood for and in whatever pace you desire. It has nothing to do with raiding.

They won't buff it for the 5% that clears hardmode or nightmare mode.

Ansalem's Avatar


Ansalem
05.05.2013 , 08:56 PM | #13
5% clearing HM or Nightmare? more like 35-50%. Even nightmare modes in this game are too easy. My guild really enjoyed Olok on PTs in 8m where it was actually a challenge. We downed it on PTS in its original form before they nerfed it to hell and brought out this wussy form.

Krewel's Avatar


Krewel
05.06.2013 , 02:24 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelvanMeerten View Post
So youre in the top 5% that clears hardmode while the remaining 95% is still doing storymode. If anything, it shouldnt even be nerfed or buffed in the first 3 months. After that they have enough data to see where people struggle and where people blast through. I'm doing an educated guess that it won't be buffed to appease the top 5% and piss off the remaining 95%.
Rofl, 5%? I want the illegal substance you're having. You're greatly overestimating the difficulty of S&V and underestimating the raiding playerbase (even if we're talking about SWTOR players). As I said, if you are even remotely interested in raiding, you will clear S&V HM in a heartbeat.

Really can't fathom anyone having difficulty in this retarded Ops, and there are actually dribblers who claim S&V HM is for the 5% and that it's perfectly fine to have this Ops on the raiding schedule for the next 6 months ... I knew this degradation would happen to SWTOR (as they say, retarded content begets retarded players) ... Wildstar, save me!
The prodigal son has returned ... some people are stuck with SWTOR, for better or worse.

Kognition - 55 Scoundrel

zzoorrzz's Avatar


zzoorrzz
05.06.2013 , 02:34 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Qvasar View Post
I'm sorry but that is exactly what it means. That is why story mode is on LFG, because it was designed with PUGs and casuals in mind.

If you are not casual, and are serious about raiding, you do hard mode operations.
If you are a hard core raider then you do nightmare mode operations.

Olok the Shadow, as with everything in the instance is ridiculously easy. I don't mind this being the case in story mode, since the majority of players should be able to complete story mode. Hard mode however is for well coordinated groups, and should be a challenge. On PTS it was, at the moment it is not.
Quote: Originally Posted by Krewel View Post
Rofl, 5%? I want the illegal substance you're having. You're greatly overestimating the difficulty of S&V and underestimating the raiding playerbase (even if we're talking about SWTOR players). As I said, if you are even remotely interested in raiding, you will clear S&V HM in a heartbeat.

Really can't fathom anyone having difficulty in this retarded Ops, and there are actually dribblers who claim S&V HM is for the 5% and that it's perfectly fine to have this Ops on the raiding schedule for the next 6 months ... I knew this degradation would happen to SWTOR (as they say, retarded content begets retarded players) ... Wildstar, save me!
I think "still" was the key word you guys somehow missed in the posts you replied to.

Darth_Dreselus's Avatar


Darth_Dreselus
05.06.2013 , 05:00 AM | #16
I agree with buffing the whole thing. One shotting 3-4 bosses is silly. On Olok I just switched to DPS halfway through to make the fight shorter.
The Last Centurions Derpyn - Sage / Toughen - Vanguard / Bluffin - Scoundrel / Roughen - Sentinel
Filthy-rich - Juggernaut / Timberwulf - Sniper / Ironwill - Mercenary / Ahuizotl - Assassin

BiS Relics for Healers PvE/PvP

Qvasar's Avatar


Qvasar
05.06.2013 , 05:28 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by zzoorrzz View Post
I think "still" was the key word you guys somehow missed in the posts you replied to.
I didn't miss the still, I just don't think story mode is for raiding guilds, ever. At least at Nostrum Dolus we don't go for story mode and when content is released we start our progression in hard mode.

I understand that casuals want to try hard mode, but they can't design the operations around that or raiding guilds will have no content. Seriously, we lost half our raiding team already due to this, and are in risk of losing the other (extremely bored) half.

paowee's Avatar


paowee
05.06.2013 , 11:37 AM | #18
In my server with at least 30 PVE guilds http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=633048
(there's more im sure), around 7 guilds have cleared HM SnV. There are some guilds that don't visit and post on the forums; nothing we can do about that. That is ~20% in The Bastion who have downed HM Styrak. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=598565

How is it looking for the other servers?

Quote: Originally Posted by Qvasar View Post
I understand that casuals want to try hard mode, but they can't design the operations around that or raiding guilds will have no content. Seriously, we lost half our raiding team already due to this, and are in risk of losing the other (extremely bored) half.
I think our only chance of "not losing boredom" in this game as far as raiding is concerned is NiM mode. My guild still says NiM Kephess is one of the harder fights in the game lol.

Check this out:

SWTOR - WOW
Story mode - Raid finder
Hard mode - Normal raid
NiM mode - Heroic raid

probably.. yea? If that's true then we are actually doing the normal version of raids. And only have Heroic to look forward to for "non-boring" fights.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

DarthFamine's Avatar


DarthFamine
05.07.2013 , 05:21 AM | #19
I disagree, the fight to get to him is long enough already. Yes he might be easy but you gotta think your group has just pushed through a ton of crap to get to him. Healers need a i get to sleep for a bit at that point because the fight to get there was so long.


Honestly he is fine where he is at, if he does get buffed do it in nightmare mode.
Story and hard modes are fine as is
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com

Ansalem's Avatar


Ansalem
05.07.2013 , 08:17 AM | #20
not sure how many raiding guilds are on Pot5, but it seems like pretty much all of them have full cleared HM SV. Shoot that stuff is easy as hell. Last week in 8m we cleared HM SV, HM TFB, and HM GF in 2.5 hours...had nothing to do the rest of the week but dink around on alts and take long naps on raid nights:P