Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Suggestion] Buff Olok the Shadow

bbare
05.05.2013 , 10:35 AM | #1
This fight is disturbingly easy. Even on HM, this fight is impossible to fail unless half of your raid DC's or you have an epic fail at setting up your board. I think this fight needs to be buffed in some way to not make it what it essentially is: Free loot. If you look over at TorParse.com, this fight has an astounding 97% success rate! This fight should be renamed "Naptime for healers" because I'm pretty sure I heard one of our healers snoring throughout the whole fight.

http://www.torparse.com/statistics/S...lok+the+Shadow

Operations are supposed to have their easy fights and their tougher fights, but Olok Shadow on HM is easier than some story mode fights!
The Vanity Legacy

Krewel
05.05.2013 , 10:39 AM | #2
Buff the whole Ops, it's ridiculous even for SWTOR standards.
The prodigal son has returned ... some people are stuck with SWTOR, for better or worse.

Kognition - 55 Scoundrel

bbare
05.05.2013 , 10:44 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Krewel View Post
Buff the whole Ops, it's ridiculous even for SWTOR standards.
To be fair, it is harder than KP and EV when they first came out. The only thing stopping guilds from getting down Soa on NiM the first week they hit 50 was his long list of bugs!

I would say the level of difficulty on S&V is a little more than TFB, only because Styrak is a tighter gear check. If they aren't going to buff HM, hopefully NiM will be at least as challenging as NiM EC which wasn't even that challenging except for Kephess.
The Vanity Legacy

MichelvanMeerten
05.05.2013 , 12:34 PM | #4
So youre in the top 5% that clears hardmode while the remaining 95% is still doing storymode. If anything, it shouldnt even be nerfed or buffed in the first 3 months. After that they have enough data to see where people struggle and where people blast through. I'm doing an educated guess that it won't be buffed to appease the top 5% and piss off the remaining 95%.

bbare
05.05.2013 , 01:13 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelvanMeerten View Post
So youre in the top 5% that clears hardmode while the remaining 95% is still doing storymode. If anything, it shouldnt even be nerfed or buffed in the first 3 months. After that they have enough data to see where people struggle and where people blast through. I'm doing an educated guess that it won't be buffed to appease the top 5% and piss off the remaining 95%.
I really only want it buffed in hard mode so it won't have an effect on casual players. I don't want it buffed so much that it will be the hardest fight in the game, but a nice buff to make it at least challenging on HM is reasonable.
The Vanity Legacy

MichelvanMeerten
05.05.2013 , 01:20 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by bbare View Post
I really only want it buffed in hard mode so it won't have an effect on casual players. I don't want it buffed so much that it will be the hardest fight in the game, but a nice buff to make it at least challenging on HM is reasonable.
Being still in Storymode does not mean people are casual. The top5% shouldnt even think of asking for buffs for hardmode content since the majority isn't doing it, yet.

bbare
05.05.2013 , 01:32 PM | #7
Being still in Storymode does not mean people are casual. The top5% shouldnt even think of asking for buffs for hardmode content since the majority isn't doing it, yet.
While true, Olok the Shadow is still too easy for any Hard Mode operation. Even casual players will find that it is way too easy for a hard mode encounter. Its by far the easiest fight in the operation. If you can get to Olok the Shadow, you should one-shot it every time. I think it needs to be buffed a little to at least make it respectable.
The Vanity Legacy

MichelvanMeerten
05.05.2013 , 02:25 PM | #8
we are going around in circles.

Qvasar
05.05.2013 , 03:38 PM | #9
Being still in Storymode does not mean people are casual.
I'm sorry but that is exactly what it means. That is why story mode is on LFG, because it was designed with PUGs and casuals in mind.

If you are not casual, and are serious about raiding, you do hard mode operations.
If you are a hard core raider then you do nightmare mode operations.

Olok the Shadow, as with everything in the instance is ridiculously easy. I don't mind this being the case in story mode, since the majority of players should be able to complete story mode. Hard mode however is for well coordinated groups, and should be a challenge. On PTS it was, at the moment it is not.

HoboWithAStick
05.05.2013 , 03:59 PM | #10
Buff the whole raid or launch TFB NM in 2.1