Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Hardmode] Hammer Station

grallmate
05.05.2013 , 06:29 PM | #11
Just a couple of clarifications:
- The stacks increase the damage you take from each tick of the channel, its not a stacking DoT.
- Guardian tanks can eat a full channel without dying if they pop Reflect with 5s to go. Presumably they could eat a second full channel with Warding Call active if needed.
- Shadows can self-cleanse at 5 stacks if the healer is being derpy and drop combat for the next one.
- Vanguards, you're high and dry: completely reliant on the healer for this fight.
The Kae-Sare Legacy - The Harbinger
<Vindication> <Retribution>

Gralleh Grall'eh Khyar
Gralleh's Guide to Guardian Tanking [UPDATED for 2.0]

Astarica
05.05.2013 , 11:38 PM | #12
Force Shroud makes you immune to the damage to begin with, preventing further stacks from being built. You can simply use Force Shroud the moment the laser is active, and it will only build to about 3 stacks after Force Shroud runs out. Alternatively you can use it in the last 5 seconds of the laser, but you don't always shield/dodge enough to reset the CD on Force Shroud so it's better to use it as early as possible so that you might get your Force Shroud back up toward the end of a laser, which is better than not getting it back at all. You will normally be able to Force Shroud every other laser assuming average luck on shield/dodges.

Darth_Dreselus
05.06.2013 , 04:53 AM | #13
As said before cleanse at 3, then at 4 and then it falls off. Cleansing at 5 works too but more damage is done.
The Last Centurions Derpyn - Sage / Toughen - Vanguard / Bluffin - Scoundrel / Roughen - Sentinel
Filthy-rich - Juggernaut / Timberwulf - Sniper / Ironwill - Mercenary / Ahuizotl - Assassin

BiS Relics for Healers PvE/PvP

Battyone
05.06.2013 , 09:38 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Dreselus View Post
As said before cleanse at 3, then at 4 and then it falls off. Cleansing at 5 works too but more damage is done.
If you're a bad healer then at 5 is too much damage.
Amistar Nelmarra -- 55 Sage, Ebon Hawk <The Azure Blades>
I stream my bad gameplay.
Come watch the Fat Man rageth on Twitch!

NoFishing
05.06.2013 , 12:54 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Dreselus View Post
I usually wait until at least 6 stacks to cleanse. During the build up, I bubble, hot, and healing trance. Otherwise, there is absolutely nothing to heal on that fight, and it is far too boring.

Astarica
05.06.2013 , 12:56 PM | #16
How many stacks is 15K damage? My healer almost healed me through that the first time I did this.

ClarkNineCD
05.08.2013 , 05:40 PM | #17
Good thread responses. Another thing that hasn't been said yet is there are other classes that can help cleanse. If your healer still doesn't get it check if somebody else can or will.

But as has been mentioned, it's pretty easy once cleanse is used after a couple/few stacks build (if cleanse is used early I can trance until cleanse is back up).

Edit: thinking of a healer who doesn't cleanse makes me shudder for the Athiss final boss with his nasty DoT. That fight has me on my toes just for that mechanic, which thankfully has hit me more than others the last couple runs.
--
Glogazel <FARCE> The Harbinger (Seer)
Orig. Drooga's Pleasure Barge