Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Hardmode] Hammer Station

orangenkaiser
05.04.2013 , 05:59 AM | #1
Not a qq thread.

I'm currently trying to better gear my 55 Vanguard tank after getting my commando in full 69 gear and got into a group to run Hammer Station. Got to the first boss and got my face ripped off. I'm in full 66 crafted mods, enhancements and armorings with and a couple of 69 pieces (boots and gloves). Tanking stats are 33k HP (with a stim), 49% damage reduction, 15.5%(ish) defensive chance, 40% shield and 35% absorb (60% with energy blast).

My question is: Are other Vanguard Tanks experiencing this same problem with survival with the mining droid? I'm alternating between riot gas and reactive shield with the mining laser and using energy blast during the phase as well. Is there a strategy for dealing with this ability that I'm missing? I ran it twice before on my Vanguard in "lesser" gear (campaign) and survived the encounter.

<qq> It would be nice if they could make the mining laser ability interruptable though, just to make it a bit easier. </qq>
"One who knows nothing can understand nothing"-Ansem

Thundergulch
05.04.2013 , 06:04 AM | #2
Healer needs to purge you at 5 stacks. Other than this, it's a cakewalk.

orangenkaiser
05.04.2013 , 06:28 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Thundergulch View Post
Healer needs to purge you at 5 stacks. Other than this, it's a cakewalk.
This.....this is valuable information. Thanks for this .

Thundergulch
05.04.2013 , 06:38 AM | #4
you're welcome

ChicagoBearsFan
05.04.2013 , 09:54 AM | #5
Ya, this is totally a healer issue, not a tank issue. But it is good that you are aware of it so you can remind your healer when you come to this fight.

The laser starts stacking a DoT that increases with each stack till 10, but most tanks are dead before 10 stacks.
I usually cleanse at 2-3 stacks, heal, then cleanse again when it is off CD at about another 4 stacks. The last 2-3 stacks will fall off on their own at the end of the cast. Doing it this way makes healing the tank significantly easier than waiting for 5 stacks to build. Waiting for 5 stacks usually will drop tanks down to less than 50% health. The way I mentioned they usually drop no less than 75-80% health.
Bearsfan - Commando Healer / DPS
Chicago - Shadow Tank
BeÓrs - Scoundrel Healer
<The Jedi of Camelot>JawaSpanker Legacy ~ POT5 Server

Battyone
05.04.2013 , 12:30 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ChicagoBearsFan View Post
Ya, this is totally a healer issue, not a tank issue. But it is good that you are aware of it so you can remind your healer when you come to this fight.

The laser starts stacking a DoT that increases with each stack till 10, but most tanks are dead before 10 stacks.
I usually cleanse at 2-3 stacks, heal, then cleanse again when it is off CD at about another 4 stacks. The last 2-3 stacks will fall off on their own at the end of the cast. Doing it this way makes healing the tank significantly easier than waiting for 5 stacks to build. Waiting for 5 stacks usually will drop tanks down to less than 50% health. The way I mentioned they usually drop no less than 75-80% health.
Easier for me as a sage to do 5 stack. Drop HoT channel healing trance when it's done it's time to cleanse, bubble, HoT deliverance (I miss my 2pc bonus ). If you're proactive healing your tank won't drop at all.
Amistar Nelmarra -- 55 Sage, Ebon Hawk <The Azure Blades>
I stream my bad gameplay.
Come watch the Fat Man rageth on Twitch!

orangenkaiser
05.04.2013 , 02:17 PM | #7
You guys are awesome, I just wanted to say that. I wanted to gear up my tank finally after getting my commando geared. After my tank I was going to start on my scoundrel heals, so the cleanse on that ability will help 2 of my characters. I was afraid all I'd get is "L2P" and "re-roll" comments. Nice to know there are still some decent community members out there willing to help.

NigeldeJ
05.05.2013 , 09:30 AM | #8
I would avoid Hammer Station if you're not an Imperial Agent, cause it only seems to drop agent gear :P
Red Eclipse

MichelvanMeerten
05.05.2013 , 12:42 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ChicagoBearsFan View Post

best tips ever for this boss.
If a healer isnt cleansing and you are dying, he fails and not you.

Astarica
05.05.2013 , 05:54 PM | #10
I got the boss to 10% without cleansing the first time, and was thinking that's some pretty insane tanking/healing requirements when the laser was ticking for 15K toward the end.