Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why do level 55 players run level 50 FPs?

Eternalnight
05.04.2013 , 09:49 PM | #21
It's bad game design when the best way to get basic commendations, a game currency used to buy stuff a level 55 needs, is to run level 50 content.

I've never seen any other MMO where the best way to grind gear for a new level cap after an expansion, was to grind content intended for the previous level cap.

canuckly
05.04.2013 , 10:05 PM | #22
its easier to grind 55 hm fp's then it is to grind 50 hm fp for gear/comms

55 hm fp your getting 2 black market drops plus 18 elite comms the first time i came into these in black hole gear augmented and was able to get full black market in about 2 weeks

the basic gear you can obtain commendations by doing makeb dailies gsi dailies and other dailies so there really is no need to grind 50 hm fp's

Eternalnight
05.04.2013 , 11:14 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by canuckly View Post

55 hm fp your getting 2 black market drops plus 18 elite comms the first time i came into these in black hole gear augmented and was able to get full black market in about 2 weeks

the basic gear you can obtain commendations by doing makeb dailies gsi dailies and other dailies so there really is no need to grind 50 hm fp's
Oh my gods. Seriously? Do you actually think we are talking about basic commendations armor here?

You don't get arkanian relics by doing level 55 hm flashpoints ever.
You need basic commendations for them.

Same for certain crafting schematics.

And while it is also true that you can get basic commendations doing Makeb dailies and so on, the fact remains it takes many many many many times more time to gather the same amount of commendations through those than what you get by doing a level 50 hm once a day.

So the fact remains, that the most efficient way to get certain items needed by level 55 is to keep grinding level 50 content, which is bad game design.

MorgothPl
05.05.2013 , 12:55 AM | #24
Also social points....the 55s have only one conversation, so it's 6 points per run, if you are lucky. The 50s have more conversation options, and, in normal mode, they can be steamrolled without a single problem.

There are also the planetary comms reward, that can be used to equip the alts in Makeb blue mods

PaniMauser
05.05.2013 , 01:35 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by canuckly View Post

Breaking news, implants and earpieces that come from Basic Comms Recipes are better than Underworld and can be equipped at lvl 53, when lvl 55hms are not yet available, And they are BoE, so you can send it to alts, friend, guildies or sell it. Isotope-5 that is needed for those recipes also is sold for basic comms, which is 35 per vial.

The only other source of this material I've seen is killing Toborro's Golden Fury (once a week, or twice if you manage to find a group that can kill it on hardmode, and getting lucky with roll on top of that) or getting lucky with seeker droid. Thus, lvl 55 crafters will always run lvl 50 flashpoints, even after they got relics and recipes, just to grind comms for materials.

Also, as someone mentioned, Arkanium relics are sold for basic comms, not elite or ultimate ones. And those relics do not drop from lvl 55 fps, they drop in ops, and even if you do ops, you still need to rely on RNG, because if dps/heal relic drops and you are a tank, it is useless for you.

And as many people said before, getting 15 basic comms (group finder reward +Galactic Conflicts daily) from a single flashpoint is faster and more fun than doing 15 dailies.

Though I wish xp penalty was that harsh on 50s. it is not like lvl 50 mobs are grey for lvl 55s. Other leveling flashpoints(and since 2.0 lvl 50 hms are leveling flashpoints too!) do not punish players with five lvl difference.

Avorniel
05.05.2013 , 01:49 AM | #26
I do level 50 HM fp's with my 55 for fun and getting a stock up of comms and social point's.If it really bugs peeps then get BW to scale players down to 50,as it has been said on many posts it's a bad game design.
I sense a great disturbance in the Force... it's as if a million hamsters suddenly cried out in terror... and suddenly fell silent. Ref:- Raji_Lev

SW_display_name
05.05.2013 , 02:00 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Avorniel View Post
I do level 50 HM fp's with my 55 for fun and getting a stock up of comms and social point's.If it really bugs peeps then get BW to scale players down to 50,as it has been said on many posts it's a bad game design.
Like a reverse bolster?

That would be awesome. Having more people in my queues is always welcome, I have nothing against the actual players. And it's actually kind of cool that the content is still appealing at max level. But, the FP feeling roughly as challenging as a green-level solo mission on Coruscant is less awesome when you're the useless puppy following the 55s around.

It was amusing for a couple runs, but then it just became... really boring, because nothing I do matters. I guess it's a good opportunity to watch a movie and keep the forward arrow key held down.

Tachenko_Yuri
05.05.2013 , 02:11 AM | #28
Pretty sure I donn't have to ask for an authorization to do whatever content i want to do, for whatever reason and for whatever rewards any given flashpoints yields.

Acutally, as a 55 doing normal HMs, i tend to pass on gear, so if someone slightly lower in group is of my same class, he/she can get the gear... so what's the " evil " part in all of this? D:

KenseiMahou
05.05.2013 , 05:45 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by SW_display_name View Post
But it's boring. It's like I'm not even there. It may be faster "XP / hour" I guess you may have a point, I don't have actual comparison data but then so would using a bot program to grind mobs while I sleep. But that's not fun and I'm not playing the game, so I don't consider that a viable method.

I understand now that you have fair reasons to be there, so I don't wish for BioWare to block you out or anything. I just wish they could somehow... I don't know... let 55s in without making the content and lowbies feel trivial.
Lol, you are not trivial.

If you get in a group with 3 55s, I mean, maybe? But if you're the healer or the tank then you rock and thanks for queuing. Never enough of those. Also DPS is nice. I especially like it when the other DPS with me in 50 HM FPs gets gear while I get to stretch my legs a little and warm up for later night ops or whatever. Also it's cool that we get to help pre-55s get gear and have a little fun. Especially newbies who maybe haven't done the content and don't have any gear to carry them through it. Sure it might be annoying after seeing a few 55s come in and effortlessly crush the content, but it's also exciting and new for some people, and having that helping hand to move you along is nice when you aren't 55 and have no gear.

(For the "Gotta be efficient!!" types I don't know what to say. Enjoy the game more, maybe?)
I have one of every class and play them all. I give up on this class signature thing.

CommanderKeeva
05.05.2013 , 10:04 AM | #30
Currently I'm to preoccupied with gearing at lvl55 to think about lvl50 flashpoint achievements but I do plan to get them eventually. Given that you need to do each flashpoint 25 times in hard mode, there's just not enough room between 50 and 55 to get them, hence you need to keep queueing even at lvl55. And don't forget gear either. Most of the 55s now were 50s before 2.0 and had endgame 50 gear but new 55s don't.

If I do every quest on every planet plus the flashpoint/PvP daily every day, I'm usually lvl50 in the first area of Belsavis. Now, I guess people will be able to hit 55 on Voss. Gear from lvl50 flashpoints is much better than Voss leveling greens.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?