Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why do level 55 players run level 50 FPs?

Thundergulch
05.04.2013 , 06:22 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by zzoorrzz View Post
They can.
Yeah I was thinking of lvl 50 ops.. my bad

ThatGnome
05.04.2013 , 07:10 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TascaFH View Post
Pretty sure we can and do. Half the time I don't even take loot, for me it's getting achievements done.
And sometimes it's to see the story that you've never seen before - I'd never actually done Lost Island, so running it at 55 was a way of seeing content I hadn't seen before. Normally when I do a Level 550 FP on my level 55 Scoundrel, it's with my guild and lower level characters who need a hand, but there are a few that character hasn't done yet and I want to pick up the achievements for it.

Krewel
05.04.2013 , 08:20 AM | #13
I'm doing it obsessively now because of the achievements ... and I help people along the way.
The prodigal son has returned ... some people are stuck with SWTOR, for better or worse.

Kognition - 55 Scoundrel

SW_display_name
05.04.2013 , 09:16 AM | #14
OK, thanks guys. I find it incredibly annoying personally (because it oversimplifies / overspeeds the content for me), but it sounds like there are also a lot of fair reasons for them to be doing it so I'll try to be more patient about it instead of raging.

VigDiath
05.04.2013 , 09:21 AM | #15
I did it on my Shadow for the one time GF mission that came out with ROTHC. You HAVE to queue for all the FPs to get credit for that mission and I got tired of it popping up every time I queued. Since it's gone I probably will not queue for anymore SM FPs sub 55 but I will still queue for HMs since I can gear my companions with drops from those.

As chance would have it, I queued with a level 48 healer and a level 50 dps while my wife and I were both level 55. FP went by in a breeze even after the lower dps dropped group.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

gergod
05.04.2013 , 10:18 AM | #16
I also noticed this when i was leveling my alt tank to 55... very annoying as i got much less XP, while I was doing them purely for XP (had camp/DG gear)

But it has an easy solution... if you see that 55's are in the queue - you decline... after 2-3 pop you can see the names of non 55 players and whisp them, explaining that if they play with 55's they get much less XP. Everyone usually agrees to create a premade group of non 55's and you can do the FP for full XP.

Other option you LFG on the fleet for the same level of people (+-1/2 level) you are for maximum XP benefit.

JDotter
05.04.2013 , 11:29 AM | #17
I did for a week or so to get the 15 basic comms to get the relics faster since I turned my pt into a tank post 2.0

Battyone
05.04.2013 , 11:33 AM | #18
I ran em a lot because when I quit my sage was in full Columi gear and it was not fun healing the 55 HMs in it (It was doable but painful) and some of the BH/Hazmat gear I got from 50 FPs and NiM KP/EV really went a long way in getting me into a better position to heal 55 hardmodes.
Amistar Nelmarra -- 55 Sage, Ebon Hawk <The Azure Blades>
I stream my bad gameplay.
Come watch the Fat Man rageth on Twitch!

PaniMauser
05.04.2013 , 06:39 PM | #19
I have four 55s, run lvl 50s HMs daily for basic commendations. Recipes cost 150 basic comms, after all, and doing one lvl 50 hm is faster than bunch of dailies.

Also, remember, with 55s the flashpoint with bonus boss will be over under 30 minutes, and under 15 minutes if without. So even if you get less xp with 55s your general time-to-xp-gain ratio is still much better.

SW_display_name
05.04.2013 , 09:21 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by PaniMauser View Post
Also, remember, with 55s the flashpoint with bonus boss will be over under 30 minutes, and under 15 minutes if without. So even if you get less xp with 55s your general time-to-xp-gain ratio is still much better.
But it's boring. It's like I'm not even there. It may be faster "XP / hour" I guess you may have a point, I don't have actual comparison data but then so would using a bot program to grind mobs while I sleep. But that's not fun and I'm not playing the game, so I don't consider that a viable method.

I understand now that you have fair reasons to be there, so I don't wish for BioWare to block you out or anything. I just wish they could somehow... I don't know... let 55s in without making the content and lowbies feel trivial.