Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why do level 55 players run level 50 FPs?

SW_display_name
05.04.2013 , 01:50 AM | #1
This is an honest question, I'm leveling into the late 40s on my current character and am in the early 50s on some alts and I notice that from 48+ (when SM False Emperor / Ilum open up) my Group Finder pops tend to have a lot of level 55s in them.

This seems to induce an XP penalty (not verified, but the bar 'seems' to move a lot slower after a run with a 55), and honestly it usually makes the run boring / too fast / too easy and somewhat rushed. And they are often obsessed with shotcutting everything and skipping bonuses.

But, I don't want to jump to conclusions or be unfair. Is there some sort of actual tangible benefit to still running HM 50 FPs at 55? And SM 50 FPs?

I just want to understand what's drawing them in, since during most of the leveling process players in my group were within 2-3 levels of me in most FPs and I lose interest in 'old' FPs once I'm high enough level for 'new' ones that drop better gear.

SebastiaanZ
05.04.2013 , 02:39 AM | #2
Its for fun and to be fair, you probably would do the same thing. Plus if you don't need the gear from HM Fps, they can use it either for alts or their companions.
UNITE OUR CHARACTERS

Click this LINK for all kind of goodies in game!

YinYangFirst
05.04.2013 , 02:59 AM | #3
Before I better geared up for 55 HM FPs, I ran 50 HM FPs so that I could get Basic Commendations and equivalent loot. Questing to 55 from 50 didn't quite equip me correctly for 55 HM FPs so I had to go back and do 50 HM FPs. It may have been partially my fault because I didn't really gear up for end-game before RotHC came out.

Panzerfire
05.04.2013 , 03:31 AM | #4
Lvl 50 FP's give 15 basic commendations for the first completion (10 from GF + 5 from the daily mission) per day, these are used to purchase Arkanian relics and schematics for items which are better than their Black Market equivalent. Running a 50 FP with a 55 dps with Arkanian gear results in a run of 10-15 min, far better than doing 15 Makeb dailies for the same reward.

Elear
05.04.2013 , 03:35 AM | #5
All possible reasons I can think about:
- just to run FP, for fun, and doesn't uncheck those options
- to get daily reward from finder/quest for lvl50
- for gear. Just because someone dinged 55 doesn't mean he's already in full 55 gear. That would be especially true for ops and people that didn't ding 50 pre-2.0.
- for achievements
- for healers and tanks, to learn on "easy mode", where their mistakes won't always cause wipe.
- to help pre-55 friend
- it's a big world. I'm sure there might be one or two guys doing it just to annoy 'lowbies'

Simbr
05.04.2013 , 03:36 AM | #6
For fun , credits and achievements, its easy to get to lvl 55 without ever doing a single flashpoint. Plus if you are new to them, lvl 55 will help guarentee success and most likely let you need on all the gear (if class specific).

Lung_Tien_Lien
05.04.2013 , 05:12 AM | #7
Well, False Emperor/Foundry have the HK parts. Other than that, it might be people that don't feel very confident in their skills and don't want to become an anecdote in one of those 'terrible group finder experiences' threads ;p And you get some basic comms as well. Or achievement hunters.
When I did False Emperor for the HK part, the tank was dragging us through it at incredible speed and since they always selected 'pass' on the items, I wonder if they weren't just doing for the achievements. Or a good deed for the day? Who knows

Thundergulch
05.04.2013 , 06:07 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SW_display_name View Post
my Group Finder pops tend to have a lot of level 55s in them.
Pretty sure that level 55's can't que for level 50 FP's.

zzoorrzz
05.04.2013 , 06:08 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Thundergulch View Post
They can.

TascaFH
05.04.2013 , 06:10 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Thundergulch View Post
Pretty sure we can and do. Half the time I don't even take loot, for me it's getting achievements done.