Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.


Darth_Dreselus's Avatar


Darth_Dreselus
05.06.2013 , 07:34 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by VigDiath View Post
But I've also queued with Guardians and threat management for them even in 2.0 is horrible.
Then they fail, Guardian tanking is very VERY easy in 2.0, a lot better snap threat generation than VGs, hell just saber reflect gives me 9k threat on everything in the pull plus the threat on reflected attacks. AoE can still be tricky but a few Smashes and target switching do the trick pretty well. Hardly ever even touch my taunts outside of Ops. I even forgot to reactivate Soresu once and still kept threat until I got to the Dread Guards and wondered why I can't guard. Healer was just like, ye you were a bit squishier =D

As to OP

Pre 2.0 EV, someone asks a for a break, so I'm bored and inspect the other healer and he is in almost full Supercommando gear. I ask why, not being a dick about it just asking and as it was a guild run I instantly get a responses from his guildies telling me to back off and that he apparently mostly does DPS, which doesn't explain the tank ear. I also point out the endurance heavy mods and he mumbles something about needing the HP to survive. As this was on Soa and there were no issues so far I was like w/e but it was still funny.

2.0 EV, just a normal pug comm run, no problems until Soa when most of the people decide to go the wrong way on platforms leaving only me (tank) a (capable) healer and a DPS. In a ood effort we break all the MTs and get Soa down to 3% but then I get MT and healer gets aggro from enraged Soa and dies so we /stuck it.

Quote: Originally Posted by SW_display_name View Post
Transcendence on cooldown always bewilders me
Defence buff I guess. I use it a lot to run between mob groups and when I know that the adds will die too fast for me to really get any use out of Combat Zen.
The Last Centurions Derpyn - Sage / Toughen - Vanguard / Bluffin - Scoundrel / Roughen - Sentinel
Filthy-rich - Juggernaut / Timberwulf - Sniper / Ironwill - Mercenary / Ahuizotl - Assassin

BiS Relics for Healers PvE/PvP

zzoorrzz's Avatar


zzoorrzz
05.06.2013 , 08:10 AM | #82
Whenever I come across one of those people also mentioned in this thread - terribly undergeared with evidently no idea about the concept of mods etc., after I finish the FP with or without them I take the time to whisper them and explain how to fix their problem. Just recently I've met one of these guys again about a week after I talked to him and he already had like 8k more hp and 60+ mods on him. What I wanted to say by all of this? That's for everybody to figure out on your own.

MorgothPl's Avatar


MorgothPl
05.06.2013 , 08:21 AM | #83
BlackHole, Imperial side Torvix run. 55 juggernaut is tanking, I'm the healer. Inspected the tank, and in relic slot he has MatrixmCube with +12 aim and 8 endurance. I asked him about it, and he tells me that he doesn't know how the relics work and how to properly choose one and he likes the cube, because he made it himself. Told him a bit about relics, pointed to class/role forums, and he got his lesson.

And we done Torvix without problems.... Mostly because my sorc was in full crafted 66, and we got 55 Marauder, and because its easy HC

But... That brings me to the point of lack of some tutorials in game. If people don't come to forums, they are not taught about relics, stats and such. Don't know what Bioware should do, but I believe there should be some kind of class teaching early quests with large on screen explanation of stats, rotation, relics, gearing. Because me, and lot of people here are MMO veterans, we know the trinity, we can guess how to gear up, tank, heal and DPS. But lots of people are fresh to MMO, and if they don't get to guild, they have no idea what to do (and vitriol on general forums / fleet) may turn them away from looking for more information about how to play

Ats how we end up with such threads. And yes, I know some people are just stupid and they won't learn , but some of the "weird people" are weird, because no one taught them, and with some proper education they can turn into good players.

Qvasar's Avatar


Qvasar
05.06.2013 , 09:13 AM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgothPl View Post
But... That brings me to the point of lack of some tutorials in game. If people don't come to forums, they are not taught about relics, stats and such. Don't know what Bioware should do, but I believe there should be some kind of class teaching early quests with large on screen explanation of stats, rotation, relics, gearing.
The majority of people who are described in this thread don't care about anything a tutorial has to teach them, and those who do care don't need the tutorial.

Also there is a New Player Guide with video tutorials, an Elder Game Guide, and a comprehensive Game Manual.

The information is readily available, some people just don't bother browsing it.

zzoorrzz's Avatar


zzoorrzz
05.06.2013 , 09:21 AM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by Qvasar View Post
The majority of people who are described in this thread don't care about anything a tutorial has to teach them, and those who do care don't need the tutorial.

Also there is a New Player Guide with video tutorials, an Elder Game Guide, and a comprehensive Game Manual.

The information is readily available, some people just don't bother browsing it.
That's not true. When I registered to the game, I wanted to play it, not to read websites (probably just like 99% of people). Yes, I found all information later, but it would be helpful to have proper tutorials in the game that would give me that information sooner. I know I wouldn't skip them. Maybe some would, but that doesn't mean they would be useless. Technically, it's my fault I didn't find all info sooner, but in reality, I'm not the one who should adapt to the needs of the other side (game, it's devs) as I'm not the one getting paid for this.

paowee's Avatar


paowee
05.06.2013 , 11:31 AM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by zzoorrzz View Post
That's not true. When I registered to the game, I wanted to play it, not to read websites (probably just like 99% of people). Yes, I found all information later, but it would be helpful to have proper tutorials in the game that would give me that information sooner. I know I wouldn't skip them. Maybe some would, but that doesn't mean they would be useless. Technically, it's my fault I didn't find all info sooner, but in reality, I'm not the one who should adapt to the needs of the other side (game, it's devs) as I'm not the one getting paid for this.
What's with people who are so emotionally against doing some light reading?

Ok i guess group finder FP's and Story Mode ops it's fine to just learn those in game. And yes I pug SM ops all the time and just chat out the instructions. Some people might be too lazy to type them out in game and i understand why some of the newer players and people who play the game casually can be frustrated by this attitude.

p.s. but if you are doing HM Operations, THOSE warrant at least some prior reading! They are gear checks as well. Especially for the DPS.

(Talking about PUGS mainly. Last week i pugged 8-man HM TFB and got stuck at Op IX because DPS couldn't get down cores)
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Twickers's Avatar


Twickers
05.06.2013 , 11:47 AM | #87
Not really a weird group finder group but more like a guild run PuG, I missed out on my guilds classic op runs for the weekly comms due to IRL issues and so pugged a HM EV run last night and my god it was the strangest run I've ever done, I was on my scoundrel DPS'ing (and she's normally heal spec) since they just needed one DPS and the group I get is a full guild run with two tanks, four healers and my DPSing with a sentinel who had NEVER heard of using Zen, all he ever used was trancendense, we managed to clear it but even with two tanks and four healers there were 7 deaths due to not enough healing going out (thank goodness for being able to heal myself).

It was by far the most oddest run I've ever done but strangely entertaining if only because I had never run with a group as clueless as they were, every pull apparently had to be discussed on mumble about what to do.
The loneliest people are the KINDEST, the saddest people smile the BRIGHTEST, the most damaged people are the WISEST, ALL because they do not wish to see another soul suffer the same way they did. - Author Unknown

CyberTronX's Avatar


CyberTronX
05.06.2013 , 01:07 PM | #88
I like the people that queue as tank when they're dps because it's "way faster". They seem to have little to no care for what it actually does to the healer lol.

YoshiRaphElan's Avatar


YoshiRaphElan
05.06.2013 , 03:56 PM | #89
One today. Oh my.

I am a 54 Guardian specced for tanking. So we go in and everyone says the usual "hi how's it going," etc. All politeness and smiles. Then we go in and the Sentinel, who is 55 (and, admittedly, better geared), seems like he is trying to tank everything. He leaps in before I can even say who to CC and who to attack; he just chooses the target and lets fly before even letting me get in a move. Luckily, the healer and other DPS were also 55, so we had no wipes...

...And then we reached the turret. The Sentinel immediately says "Tank takes the turret." We kill the mob near the turret, but before I can even finish off that mob, the Sentinel (who had *just* said for me to take the turret) gets in the turret. We're doing pretty good until I get launched into a fire and die. Unfortunately I am still holding aggro since I revived before the fight was over. I go back, the whole time with enemies dying around the other 3.

We finish without further death, and continue. Then we get to the room with the infected beings running everywhere. We aggro big time. Now we wipe. I die, revive, someone else dies and revives, and so does another. By the time all is said and done, we've all died 2 or 3 times. From then on everything went good...but it was bad. The sad thing is the Sentinel was so nice about it. After the fight with the giant Rakghoul I said "can you let me go first?" He said he would. But he never did.

ZahirS's Avatar


ZahirS
05.06.2013 , 04:07 PM | #90
The wierdest people I grouped with wer ein Taral V FP

We all joined in, Im specced tank jedi Guardian and well they seemed to want to do the FP too fast I kept trying to catch up and do my job as a tank, the weirdest moments were in the chat.

They kept saying things like: "I hate this game's music"
or other: "I hate this boss"
or : "I hate this or that"

After the run was over left without saying anything