Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

zzoorrzz
05.02.2013 , 10:40 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by SWGEvictee View Post
I have dropped groups for the dps doing this. I find it highly insulting. I'm either the tank all the way through it I'm not. I refuse to run with DPS who only let me fulfill my role when they deem it necessary. I will not be the meat shield you only pull out for the boss fights.
Then you were too slow in pulling, that's why it happened. Sure take your time before boss, but dont stand around before every pack, possibly asking "rdy?"

Seireeni
05.02.2013 , 10:42 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by zzoorrzz View Post
Maybe he felt like there's no need for any tactics on trash. I wouldn't be so bold to do that in ops, but in FPs, when I know it will make zero difference, I'll pull before tank without thinking twice.
When you have 16k hp, I'd strongly recommend that you let the tanks do the pulling in ops. It's so much easier than running after you and taunting everything you just aggroed.

SWGEvictee
05.02.2013 , 10:56 AM | #23
Then you were too slow in pulling, that's why it happened. Sure take your time before boss, but dont stand around before every pack, possibly asking "rdy?"
No that wasn't the reason. When DPS starts fights before I even log into the FP, when DPS runs ahead while I'm healing and jumps mobs, when I ask why and I am told "This is just crap trash that I don't need you for! You just stay back with the healer until I tell you you're needed!"

The fact is I'm not God's gift to Tanking. Therefore every chance I get to gather and hold agro on a proper pull helps me learn. I go the pace I go and any DPS that can't handle that and refuses to allow me to properly fulfill my role goes on my ignore list and gets to listen to the rest of the group rail at him/her for costing them a tank while he/she waits for another tank that's content to be their personal meatshield and come when called.

wainot-keel
05.02.2013 , 11:10 AM | #24
Some dps pull without such situation, but still. When I'm tanking or healing, I give a fair warning. Dps keep pulling before the tank does, I won't be arsed healing them or taking the mobs off of them. Usually after they die once they get the message. Funny how that works.

paowee
05.02.2013 , 12:49 PM | #25
A group kicked me on my Sorc healer in HM 55 BT because I was DPSing. I healed and made sure no one died, but I was DPSing during thrash and boss fights when no one was in danger of dying. I think it was right after the big probe boss that they kicked me.

P.S. no one died while i was healing them / dpsing the adds..
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Gyronamics
05.02.2013 , 01:36 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by SW_display_name View Post
I just had a Group Finder FP run with a player queued as Damage. (this was Republic side, translations provided for Imperial players reference frame)

He was a Shadow (Assassin), spec'd Kinetic Combat (Darkness), using Combat Technique (Dark Charge). Every single pull, from start to finish, his rotation was:
  • stand 10 yards away
  • use Telekinetic Throw (Force Lightning) on cooldown
  • use Project (Shock) on cooldown
  • use Force Breach (Discharge) on cooldown
  • maintain Kinetic Ward (Dark Ward) religiously at 15 charges
  • stand there and do nothing else in-between these 4 cooldowns

Watching someone with a double-bladed lightsaber and rocks swirling around them stand outside melee range, never once swing their saber, and spam weak rock attacks was... really, really weird.

Damage was agonizingly low, fights took forever, but at least we had a Guardian DPS who really, really knew her stuff and carried us through (just barely) on tighter fights.
Swear I just had this player just now but as a tank.

Never seen a shadow tank stand so far doing so little other than spam pebbles.
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN

paowee
05.02.2013 , 04:44 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
Swear I just had this player just now but as a tank.

Never seen a shadow tank stand so far doing so little other than spam pebbles.
I'm guilty! At least in 1.7. I used to do this on my Sin tank and stand at range. Keeping threat on everything versus anyone, from afar, not even swinging my lightsaber just because I can >_< And when i feel lazy haha. I would even slowly turn with my arrow keys spamming wither and discharge in a GF BT just because Sin AoE threat was too strong.

Gyronamics
05.02.2013 , 04:58 PM | #28
Right but this is 2.0 and the only time he was holding aggro was in the forced period after a taunt or if no one else was on the target at the time.

I'll put it down to being unpracticed but at 55 and geared to have over 30k things are expected .
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN

paowee
05.02.2013 , 05:10 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
Right but this is 2.0 and the only time he was holding aggro was in the forced period after a taunt or if no one else was on the target at the time.

I'll put it down to being unpracticed but at 55 and geared to have over 30k things are expected .
Yes now in 2.0 you definitely have to do more than just Shock, Wither and Charge to maintain AoE threat as a Sin / Shadow.

AlrikFassbauer
05.03.2013 , 03:01 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Nkya View Post
A funny story? A Jedi Sage didn't want to CC (lift) an opponent because it would be an aggressive move. We had to bargain with him this is going to be playful for the creature and it will even be healed while in air.
Sounds like real role-playing.