Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Inquisitor's story bad?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
The Inquisitor's story bad?

seekerofpower
05.02.2013 , 02:11 PM | #21
I thought the Sith Inquisitor story was well written and refreshing. Binding force ghosts for power is freaking awesome. It puts you one step closer in power to Nihilus or Vitiate and their ability to absorb life force.
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope. Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds."

stormdrakelord
05.02.2013 , 02:50 PM | #22
SI's story starts off somewhat cliche'd to me, but the story gets better fast.

unlike the Trooper, JK and Bounty Hunter stories (Unsure of the BH, as I have only just got to Balmorra on my Zabrak chick)
Han Solo: Great, kid. Don't get cocky.

TalonVII
05.02.2013 , 03:12 PM | #23
After having done the IA story, everything seems pretty bland, except for the smuggler. I mean the 1 liners and if you are a guy being a total man-ho, that just tickles me to no end.

But SI, got through chapter 1 and moving into chapter 2, not too enthusiastic.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight, Inquisitor, Smuggler

Kaisernick
05.03.2013 , 12:04 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
MacGuffin hunt: There's always going to be some sort of a MacGuffin hunt to move from planet to planet, but I feel like the Forcewalker ghost-hunting took over the later part of the game waaay too much. It wouldn't have been a problem if it felt more like just one piece of building your power base alongside your Cult, getting apprentices, building your super-weapon, and getting the Moffs on your side. But all those other (often more interesting) parts of your rise to power came across as side-quests, with the Forcewalking as the main thrust.
I couldn't agree more, the whole power base was pushed to one side for the dam ghost thing, now even that i can handle but the fact that after you have to visit 2 planets to cure yourself come on that was wasted i mean belsavis was full of sith and other imperials locked up and perfect chance to free some and get them to follow you and the voss they are unbalanced and doing what Darth Serevin did get mystics to follow you.

Hell if you look at the consular story they do what the inquisitor should have done.

Kerensk
05.03.2013 , 09:01 PM | #25
I liked the Si.

I played as a sith lightning sorceress who wasn't evil but was power hungry and wanted to reach the top through manipulation and knowledge of the force. Not through glowstick waving.

The story fit my character perfectly. Especially with the Zash conflict. Two power mad *****es going head to head... Perfect.
The Harbinger, Piett Legacy
“It's an older quote but it checks out. I was about to clear it. ”

Myeh-Myeh
05.03.2013 , 09:17 PM | #26
I personally drew much enjoyment from my Sith Inquisitor's story. I'd even be willing to run one again some day. I loved the whole rags to riches, and it was fun to play an alien because if someone made fun of your race, you could shoot lightning at them. It's kind of more based around mysteries of the force, which I found interesting. Guess it depends on your preference, but I personally would suggest playing a Sith Inquisitor!
What a crazy random happenstance!

Samblade
05.03.2013 , 10:08 PM | #27
Personally, Ioved the Inquisitor story on my Assassin. I loved getting Ashara because she fit well with my light side Assassin and she is SOOOOOOO HOT!
Spoiler

SithKoriandr
05.03.2013 , 11:00 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
After having done the IA story, everything seems pretty bland, except for the smuggler. I mean the 1 liners and if you are a guy being a total man-ho, that just tickles me to no end.

But SI, got through chapter 1 and moving into chapter 2, not too enthusiastic.
If you enjoy the Smugglers one-liners, why not the Inquisitors snarky lines? Or is it just a female Inquisitor thing?
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

OddballEasyEight
05.04.2013 , 02:25 AM | #29
I liked the fact that you didnt beat the antagonist in just one fight.. him running off and taunting me again just made me hate him more and more (and that was needed since his entrance into the story carried no emotions at all for me)
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

Maaruin
05.04.2013 , 04:01 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
Thanaton: This is the complaint I agree with the most. Thanton is just completely underdeveloped as a character; Zash, Baras, arguably even Angral are all better fleshed out as adversaries. I hear he's featured in some of the comics that came out before the game launched, but even if he was better developed there, I feel like that would just upset me more that he wasn't done justice in the game itself.
The comics actually make it worse. The Thanaton of the game is a totally different character from the Thanaton of the comics. Comic!Thanaton would have made a far better enemy. I think they also indicated Comic!Thanaton's discoveries about the Emperor would play a role in the SI story, but they didn't.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall