Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Worth it to double up on orbital strike pvp bonus?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
Worth it to double up on orbital strike pvp bonus?

CoppertheBeagle
04.30.2013 , 03:11 PM | #1
You can double up and have 6 extra seconds (3 from old pvp and 3 from new pvp sets) instead of a pve set bonus. Do you think this would be worth it for pve? the gain from cunning pve 72's is not worth the extra damage from 1 set bonus i do not think, but what about 2 set bonuses? it would make energy regen a little harder but is it worth it?

paowee
04.30.2013 , 04:28 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by CoppertheBeagle View Post
You can double up and have 6 extra seconds (3 from old pvp and 3 from new pvp sets) instead of a pve set bonus. Do you think this would be worth it for pve? the gain from cunning pve 72's is not worth the extra damage from 1 set bonus i do not think, but what about 2 set bonuses? it would make energy regen a little harder but is it worth it?
Have you tested this? Did your orbital tick 5 times (2 2-pc pvp bonus) instead of 4 (1 2-pc pvp bonus)?
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

CoppertheBeagle
04.30.2013 , 05:08 PM | #3
I will test it when i get the gear. I just need to farm the comms but right now its a hypothetical.

edit: i do no that the bonus from the new pvp set as i have 1 piece does not add onto the bonus of the other

diadox
04.30.2013 , 05:10 PM | #4
I can confirm that it does, at least for smugglers (though it shouldn't be different for agents):
http://www.torparse.com/l/201725

As far as I see it, it's worth it to go for double added Flyby/Orbital ticks. Energy regen will only really be very, very slightly harder; the thing with the 2-piece PvE bonus is that it never really added much at all, and the only thing making it harder being without it is simply the fact that it's something you got used to .

Edit: And in terms of "Worth it when it comes to the cunning loss?"; if it's worth sacrificing the 4-piece bonus to get one extra tick (which is what seems to be the word on the forums, and what I've been going by for a while), then I'd say it's worth doing the same to the 2-piece for another.

BarkerW
04.30.2013 , 09:09 PM | #5
Have played around with this slightly as i have the EWH 2 pc and the new partisan 2 pc set bonuses, imo it is definitely worth it if you are running full MM as you will have an up time of 33% on your orb strike, with it lasting 15 seconds and having a cool down of 45. The loss in main stat is minimal and almost unnoticed as it is barely a loss of about 30 bonus damage.
Played em all, and keep coming back for more
The Shadowlands

Svii
05.01.2013 , 02:57 AM | #6
Can't believe I didn't think of this earlier.. working on the comms right now

CoppertheBeagle
05.01.2013 , 08:20 AM | #7
a follow up question, would this make it worthwhile to take 1 point out of either the top of the marksman tree or out of the crit chance in the lethality tree to boost up the aoe damage in the middle tree?

islander
05.01.2013 , 08:53 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by CoppertheBeagle View Post
wait, what

edit: Oh, but you'd lose the 5m of takedown. Screw that. I guess maybe for PvE?
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

BarkerW
05.01.2013 , 09:27 AM | #9
I have been trying to play around with any and all possible hybrid builds for the sniper/gunslinger. From the testing i have done if you want to run with this idea of the 15 second orb stirke, you would want to run with full MM as sniper volley/burst volley is an absolute must if you are playing MM.

Also if you want to try out this spec for pve, i have played with this one http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/s...2200322-320-32
as it is lots of fun.
Played em all, and keep coming back for more
The Shadowlands

CoppertheBeagle
05.01.2013 , 12:41 PM | #10
Yeah i see that but with the alacrity you gain from deadly directive, that should definitely go in explosive engineering i believe. i was saying that if you wanted all 3 points in explosive engineering it might be worth it to go 2 points in lethality instead of 3. i was just wondering if it would pay off