Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Jedi Covenant - Lag spikes, lag spikes, LAG SPIKES!!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
The Jedi Covenant - Lag spikes, lag spikes, LAG SPIKES!!!!

Haggardbr
04.30.2013 , 12:22 AM | #1
For a good gaming experience we need a good connection and good servers to hold the amount of people playing it in, right?

Well... it's been a few weeks that the server The Jedi Covenant is showing signs of instability, with frequent and consecutive lag spikes reaching over 90.000 ms and sudden disconnects, specially during warzones and hard mode flashpoints.

My ISP has a great connection, everything else is running smoothly here and only the server I play on started having these issues and It's not only me, a lot of people from the guild I'm part of are saying the same thing, I've seen countless people drop from warzones and flashpoints out of a sudden.

My group almost wiped just now when we were running a FP because of the lag spikes.

My average ping is around 145 ms, which is good for me since I do not live in the US, but since a few weeks ago the game runs around 350 ms sometimes when it's not spiking.

The servers need improvement, otherwise we'll lose more and more good AND PAYING players.
Albrey (Commando) >< Coplan (Vanguard) >< Aldrey (Gunslinger) >< Jhom (Scoundrel) >< Kadniss (Guardian)
Flynn's (Sniper) >< Groen (Shadow)

BenSor
04.30.2013 , 12:35 AM | #2
/sign
myself and my guild have been having the same problems

tanktest
04.30.2013 , 04:22 AM | #3
Same Exact thing for no reason at all I CTD . chat lag is back .

I'm ON JC to . here is the crash log when I CTD last. happen to me at least once a day.

Spoiler

Takin_A_Sith
04.30.2013 , 09:40 AM | #4
I'm on Shadowlands and was having the same trouble. It was like every 30 seconds or so I'd get disconnected. I'd also go from like 25-30ms and jump to 17000ms, get the red "X" and freeze up. I decided to defrag my computer, reinstall the game, and rechecked my router settings. It seems to have helped a bit. I still get the random disconnection, but it seems to be about when the servers are HEAVY-VERY HEAVY in population.

I would suggest either do some or all of these things:
1) Run the repair function on the launcher (little cog icon), but only do so AFTER you login. I'm sure you don't want to go the extreme route I did by reinstalling the whole game. lol

2) Delete the DiskCache located in the SWTOR folder.

3) Run a defrag on your hard drive.

4) Check your router to see if you have the correct ports allowed through for the game. Refer to customer support for the exact ports, because I can't remember them all off the top of my head.

Not sure if these will all help, but it sure doesn't hurt to try.

Haggardbr
04.30.2013 , 01:37 PM | #5
I will bump this thread to keep it on the top, this is a serious thing.

Per example, I just ran a 55 HM with a PuG now and both the tank and I were either having enormous lag spikes or disconnects, we even wiped in the bonus boss because of that.

Both my PC configurations and router are set up to allow all my games to run without problems.
Albrey (Commando) >< Coplan (Vanguard) >< Aldrey (Gunslinger) >< Jhom (Scoundrel) >< Kadniss (Guardian)
Flynn's (Sniper) >< Groen (Shadow)

JediJonesJr
04.30.2013 , 01:42 PM | #6
Quote:
1) Run the repair function on the launcher (little cog icon), but only do so AFTER you login. I'm sure you don't want to go the extreme route I did by reinstalling the whole game. lol

2) Delete the DiskCache located in the SWTOR folder.

3) Run a defrag on your hard drive.

4) Check your router to see if you have the correct ports allowed through for the game. Refer to customer support for the exact ports, because I can't remember them all off the top of my head.

Not sure if these will all help, but it sure doesn't hurt to try.

this would apply if it was a personal issue but many many many are experiencing it i have been here since beta and played when we had tons of servers hardly an issue now with f2p and limited servers it is an issue.

I have an average ping 27, but the game is way way laggy in areas and pretty much too hard to play with this type of problem..

wake up stop over filling servers and fix issues ingame causing gameplay stability...

I pay for a sub and will not tolerate this and you best take this issue serious and not pass the buck like you been doing since beta.

a handful of servers in NA is not going to handle the over crowded servers we will see more crashing and more complaints in forums, you might want to have a meeting with the head pogo guy at ea let them know the cash cow is now a mad cow.

Not sure if anyone has figured this out yet but the limited servers could not handle a player transfer at this point look how bad it is, just think if they opened that feature and you get a influx of 100 or 1000 more players on a server already going through over growth changes.
Will Return After Lunch and lunch is never over.....

NLrave
04.30.2013 , 01:53 PM | #7
I am on the same server and for me the ping spikes are mostly gone now, still some hickups where it goes up to 600-700 but rarely, much better then the 37000 ping spikes last week..
The delays (lag) on opening inventory, crewskill window etc is still there and fairly annoying.
Also spacebar skipping the cutscene when entering ship now causes the sound to loop badly.

Kenwefomu
04.30.2013 , 02:38 PM | #8
i have had the same problems with the game did their fixes and it changed nothing.

Takin_A_Sith
04.30.2013 , 03:01 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Kenwefomu View Post
i have had the same problems with the game did their fixes and it changed nothing.
That sucks. I guess the only thing to do now is submit a ticket and wait till pigs start flying to get your answer.

Swampchicken
04.30.2013 , 07:50 PM | #10
Same problem, massive lag spikes periodically. It's absolutely not my connection.

Only happens during peak hours, which is when I like to play. Sadface.