Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Please fire M0-T0 (aka Mark)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Please fire M0-T0 (aka Mark)

Phorenzyk's Avatar


Phorenzyk
04.29.2013 , 06:23 PM | #1
Today I filed a ticket (#8800717). I stated that I could not queue for group finder due to having an active flashpoint, the phase reset was not working, and relogging and restarting had not fixed the problem either.

M0-T0 responded by doing nothing except telling me to check a series of links dealing with launcher issues and crashing, and telling me to check that Windows/my graphics card were up to date.

This is hardly the first time M0-T0 has shown such ineptitude and utter disrespect. Several months ago I filed a bug report concerning broken item models, which has since been fixed. M0-T0's response to that bug report? "We do not answer general gameplay questions."

Please, Bioware, fire this person. They are horribly incompetent and do nothing but show the customer utter disrespect by failing to even read their ticket, instead seemingly firing off a random form response that doesn't even apply to the situation.

tehakyla's Avatar


tehakyla
04.29.2013 , 06:52 PM | #2
pages of threads similar to this one, touting horrid customer support. No official replies,

I am guessing they think that if they don't answer the problem will just go away, and we just don't matter to them at all. The latter seems mostly true more and more.

Sadly what they don't realize is if we keep going away, so will their jobs. The game is amazing, and poor management of customer support is ruining it for a good many people.

Wolvereen's Avatar


Wolvereen
04.30.2013 , 12:13 AM | #3
then i have bad news for you - it's in the news that EA fired more ppl
i think we won't see the CS getting any better

Phorenzyk's Avatar


Phorenzyk
04.30.2013 , 12:41 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolvereen View Post
then i have bad news for you - it's in the news that EA fired more ppl
i think we won't see the CS getting any better
I'm going to pray M0-T0 was one of them.

Seriously, though, this guy's been around since at least 2011. Is there some sort of way I have to file an "official" complaint or something?

DarthDak's Avatar


DarthDak
04.30.2013 , 03:32 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Phorenzyk View Post
I'm going to pray M0-T0 was one of them.
Nope. Still around. And still completely useless and utterly unhelpful in every conceivable way. Same long string of pre-canned responses, in most cases having nothing to do with the reported issue, many hours (even days) after the ticket being made. Especially fun (not) when the issue is a current mission misbehaving and the standard work-arounds not working.

If I sound annoyed, it's because I am.

On a related note: Does this game have any in-game GMs at all?

To be clear, in case somebody don't know what I'm referring to: With an in-game GM I mean a person that actually contacts players in-game about issues they're currently having. I've never had a GM contact me in-game in this game, regarding an active and ongoing issue, ever, and neither have I ever heard from anyone else being contacted in-game by a GM. I've been here (paying subscriber) since beta, so I'm genuinely curious.

Also interested in why so many of the categories in the in-game ticketing system are such that any response will say that the ticket has been closed since they do not offer support for the chosen ticket category. (Bug reports are special, obviously. I'm talking about the other categories.) The question arises why said categories are listed at all, in the first place. It's ridiculous.

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
04.30.2013 , 03:48 AM | #6
We used to have in-game chat sessions with GMs to deal with issues (even those which were bug reports and unable to be fixed client side ._.), but they ditched that... gods... several months ago now. I don't remember having any sessions (on the EU servers, admittedly) since about 1.3. I'd imagine they cut that service with their redundancies and general other issues.

Edit: The support was rather good around launch - I once accidentally bought two of the wrong set, put in a ticket and about ten minutes later got a live chat with an agent to fix the items. Went back to my raid, properly kitted out, the entire ordeal took maybe half an hour.

That scenario would never happen these days.

So, the categories are probably hang-overs from when they did have a more hands-on approach to Customer Service and did have Live Chats.

ScoutTrooper's Avatar


ScoutTrooper
04.30.2013 , 06:20 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
We used to have in-game chat sessions with GMs to deal with issues (even those which were bug reports and unable to be fixed client side ._.), but they ditched that... gods... several months ago now. I don't remember having any sessions (on the EU servers, admittedly) since about 1.3. I'd imagine they cut that service with their redundancies and general other issues.

Edit: The support was rather good around launch - I once accidentally bought two of the wrong set, put in a ticket and about ten minutes later got a live chat with an agent to fix the items. Went back to my raid, properly kitted out, the entire ordeal took maybe half an hour.

That scenario would never happen these days.

So, the categories are probably hang-overs from when they did have a more hands-on approach to Customer Service and did have Live Chats.
That isn't entirely true, just over a week ago I spoke to a CS Agent via in-game chat whom helped me with a stuck issue I had where my character got stuck and was unable to move or use any of the normal methods of escaping such situation. They helped resolve the issue and this was on an EU server to. Just because you haven't spoken to an agent in-game doesn't mean they stopped doing it.
Oman Tyru
"I love the smell of Ion Cannon fire in the morning!"
Darth Syric
"All life came from darkness, all life shall return to darkness!"

Phorenzyk's Avatar


Phorenzyk
04.30.2013 , 10:52 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDak View Post
Nope. Still around. And still completely useless and utterly unhelpful in every conceivable way. Same long string of pre-canned responses, in most cases having nothing to do with the reported issue, many hours (even days) after the ticket being made. Especially fun (not) when the issue is a current mission misbehaving and the standard work-arounds not working.

If I sound annoyed, it's because I am.

On a related note: Does this game have any in-game GMs at all?

To be clear, in case somebody don't know what I'm referring to: With an in-game GM I mean a person that actually contacts players in-game about issues they're currently having. I've never had a GM contact me in-game in this game, regarding an active and ongoing issue, ever, and neither have I ever heard from anyone else being contacted in-game by a GM. I've been here (paying subscriber) since beta, so I'm genuinely curious.

Also interested in why so many of the categories in the in-game ticketing system are such that any response will say that the ticket has been closed since they do not offer support for the chosen ticket category. (Bug reports are special, obviously. I'm talking about the other categories.) The question arises why said categories are listed at all, in the first place. It's ridiculous.

I spoke to one in-game on Saturday regarding restorations. They do exist.

NLrave's Avatar


NLrave
04.30.2013 , 01:44 PM | #9
Allthough I too have my share of automated replies from M0-T0 it isnt fully his fault, he is obviously instructed from upper hand to handle us in this way so firing him won't fix anything; they'll just replace him.

ebado's Avatar


ebado
04.30.2013 , 05:18 PM | #10
I've had a few in-game conversations with GMs. Not for every issue but four or five times since launch, one somewhat recently.

As far as M0-T0 goes, my experience has been is he's the filtering system. I haven't had an issue getting past him, but I understand the frustration.
kolto and corrosives
window legacy - the bastion