Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Slicing] Still broken? - no regulators since patch 2.0.1

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Slicing] Still broken? - no regulators since patch 2.0.1

Zorash
04.29.2013 , 06:58 PM | #21
I am not sure what is causing the issue for some people with slicing, but at least for myself I am getting quite a bit of thermal augments. I think I average 1-2 crits per 16 missions and I only run the bountiful or rich missions.

DefaultMeh
04.29.2013 , 08:38 PM | #22
Sold over 275 last week so far myself. Yes they are a pain to get and they are rare, and I think it should be kept that way.

Cupelixx
04.29.2013 , 08:50 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DefaultMeh View Post
Sold over 275 last week so far myself. Yes they are a pain to get and they are rare, and I think it should be kept that way.
I actually have to agree. They already increased how many are rewarded. I put a lot of time and credits into leveling, maxing companions and maxing the skill. I am fairly well rewarded for that and I'd like it to stay that way.
SWTOR's integrated UI is responsible for many players' framerate issues. Support player control and modification of SWTOR's user interface.

Ysuro
04.30.2013 , 01:31 PM | #24
Some of us are still getting zero how is that fixed?

VigDiath
04.30.2013 , 01:54 PM | #25
I would say increase your affection with companions but my 2 slicing toons haven't even maxed out affection on any of their companions yet and I've received enough regulators to make a few of the tier 28 augments.

Like others mentioned, I like it like that. Less undercutting on the GTN if you want to sell them or the Augments you've crafted with them.

But back to the subject. I think it works as well as it did before.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

Khevar
04.30.2013 , 02:32 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
I feel bad for the people with no success, but I've managed to get 35 Thermal Regulators since 2.0.1 dropped with only 2 slicing toons. I got 18 of them over last weekend.
Update: Last night I got 14 more Thermal Regulators.

Note, I'm only running the Rich / Bountiful missions (3000cr+). My slicers are a Trooper and Jedi Knight. There are 2 tech parts missions and 2 lockbox missions that I run. If they're not all there (i.e. too many the poor missions on the list), I kick off all 5 available slicing missions (whatever they are) log out, log back in, and the refreshed list always has the good ones.

I've not once run any tech parts mission below Rich / Bountiful.

Cupelixx
04.30.2013 , 02:35 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Ysuro View Post
Some of us are still getting zero how is that fixed?
Sorry, but your corroborating evidence is where? I posted several screenshots showing that it's critting. The GTN is full of them, indicating that people are having success. I'm not trying to be a d-bag at all, but I have seen no concrete evidence to the contrary. Just unsubstantiated claims such as running "over 150 missions in a few days and none were a crit".

There are 2 possibilities.

1: Either the missions are critting at the correct rate. Which given the amount of missions I run through the week across several characters, I believe this is correct. But that means a lot of people are blowing the crit rate severely out of proportion, possibly with the intent of getting the rate increased again despite the detriment to the economy. I believe this is the case, based on the number of people claiming to have run 150+ rich missions in the 4-5 days after the patch with zero crits. I run on 7 characters and only do the rich missions. Playing a couple hours a night after work, that means I can run 14 missions a night. Monday through Friday, that's only 70 missions. I can play a few hours more on weekends, so let's say 4 trips on Saturday and Sunday. Together, that's 126 missions. Unless you have more slicers than I do, run the missions 24/7, or both, I find it hard to believe that so many people are running that amount of missions in just a few days. Let alone that many results with no crits, on something that has been proven to crit

2: This really is broken in some way that only affects some users. I have a hard time believing this, especially since no concrete evidence has been brought forward. Sorry, but claiming how many missions you have run without a crit is nothing more than heresay. Bring some real, measurable evidence and you'll have a case.

I really think this is a case where people perceive a problem that does not exist. After the patch fixed the artifice bug with reverse engineering color crystals, I loaded up my main. Dropped a million credits and started REing. Including the ones I bought when they were available on the vendor, reversed 13 crystals at a 20% chance. No schematics learned. Was I p-----? Of course. Did I come to the forums claiming it was broken? No, of course not, because there was direct evidence that it was functioning correctly.

Turns out, the same day right after I got those 3 crits on one set of missions, I felt lucky, bought one crystal, reversed it and got the schematic. At the same time, I literally had to reverse over 20 level 8 stims on an alt before I got the prototype version.

Just keep running the rich mission. You'll get your thermals.
SWTOR's integrated UI is responsible for many players' framerate issues. Support player control and modification of SWTOR's user interface.

caveslug
04.30.2013 , 03:57 PM | #28
Managed to get 1 mission to crit, awarding 2. Which took 3 days, of running missions as many times as I could.

Also comment that the GTN is flooded with these, sure all from the same small handful of people. All for stupid prices, if they are this common why are they so expensive? And why is it only about 4 people with 20 of them for sale each.
#1 reply to all PvP threads.....L2P

canuckly
04.30.2013 , 04:20 PM | #29
managed to get 6 thermal regulators yesterday 2 from the bountiful 4 from the rich

Cupelixx
04.30.2013 , 06:03 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by caveslug View Post
Also comment that the GTN is flooded with these, sure all from the same small handful of people. All for stupid prices, if they are this common why are they so expensive? And why is it only about 4 people with 20 of them for sale each.
The Harbinger has 20 pages, with almost 40 different sellers ATM. Also, ponder this: a purple grade 9 mat that isn't farmable in the world has more listings than a grade 9 green scavenging mat that is!

And seriously about the prices? Pre-patch, they were almost 100K and they're down to 45ish now. That's over a 50% drop in a week. AKA, supply/demand. There is more supply now so prices are much lower. With the amount of credits awarded by quests at max level, they are really not that expensive. And you can always farm them yourself if you don't like GTN prices.