Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Slicing] Still broken? - no regulators since patch 2.0.1

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Slicing] Still broken? - no regulators since patch 2.0.1

KostonxEld
04.29.2013 , 08:09 AM | #11
Legacy of crafting doesn't affect crew missions I don't think. There was a dev post about this a few months ago. It increases the aug slot chance on crafted items, as well as a crit success rate to make more items, but was stated to not help crit chance of gather missions?

Correct?
Bring it on Sith, the Jedi shall prevail!

KostonxEld
04.29.2013 , 08:12 AM | #12
AllisonBerryman
06.28.2012 , 03:47 PM | #12
REPORT POST QUOTE
The Legacy tooltip could be more clear - we'll look at improving it in the future. The perk itself (as noted earlier in the thread) does increase the chance of getting an augment slot on items that can have them. For items that can't, it gives you an increased chance for the effect of a critical when crafting those items (like producing an extra item).

From the dev

KostonxEld
04.29.2013 , 08:14 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Beruthien
Greetings ScicleX,

Dacce has provided the correct information.

This Legacy perk only affects crafting when you are making an item that can be crit-crafted with an augment slot for example weapons and armor.

Crafting of such items as item modifications are not impacted by this perk.

Thank you in advance!

Also from a dev tho! We STILL need clarification on this!!

Ysuro
04.29.2013 , 09:31 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Fenomen View Post
Its fixed. I got over 20 since Patch on One Slicer doing the Mission maybe 2 Times a day.

You only get them from Rich and Bountiful Mission on a Critical Success. Having Max Affection with your Companion and Level 3 Legacy Bonus increases your Critchance by alot.

Hope that helps
Fixed huh? I been using scorpio with the legacy crit since patch and have gotten Zero thermal regulators. Hows that for fixed?

Katchie
04.29.2013 , 09:43 AM | #15
Either way, the rewards for slicing now are far more lower than other gathering skills, but everyone is bottle-necked by needing regulators, so they need to adjust it. I never remember Neural Augmentors being this much of a chore to acquire. It's silly.

The whole lockbox thing is peeving me off too. Only way to make money is to go out and farm them.
Robitussinn - Sorcerer * Roflberri - Sage
Roflsauce - Juggernaut * Sourcream - Operative
Jedi Covenant

ellenbec
04.29.2013 , 10:01 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolvereen View Post
i think i get crits, because from time to time i get some missions or blueprints in addition
but i never got any of the regulators yet

W
The best way to tell if you are getting a crit is to look at the amount of blue mats you are getting, not if you are getting a mission or recipe. A crit increases the amount that you get of blue pieces and should be giving you the purple pieces.

And yes, I do know that we are able to get purple mats, I have recieved 2 so far today and only done 3 or 4 missions.
Khuri-PT Operations Lead Covenant Shadows - The Ebon Hawk (US East) Armory Link

Gault: "I'd like to take this moment to remind you that you are not, in fact, a hovertank - no matter how much you dress like one."

Cupelixx
04.29.2013 , 02:21 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Ysuro View Post
Fixed huh? I been using scorpio with the legacy crit since patch and have gotten Zero thermal regulators. Hows that for fixed?
It looks fixed to me. Ran these yesterday and collected the results. This was a good batch, 3 crits. I usually get 1-2 in a run.

Crit 1

Crit 2

Crit 3

It's definitely critting. I run the rich mission with 7 characters currently so I generate a pretty good sample size. It is not only critting, but it appears to be critting at the correct rate. I'm averaging about 18%. I sold well over 50 thermals last week and I still have a pile waiting to be sold. BTW, legacy of crafting does not affect crew skill missions, so don't expect that to help you.

All you have to do is scan the GTN and see how many pages of thermals are up. If this was really broken, I would expect to see very few, at sky-high prices. On The Harbinger, the price dropped in half within 2-3 days of the patch.
SWTOR's integrated UI is responsible for many players' framerate issues. Support player control and modification of SWTOR's user interface.

psandak
04.29.2013 , 02:30 PM | #18
I agree with Cupelixx. Granted I do not have the number of characters he has but over the weekend on just one slicer character I got two crits - five total thermals.

Darthmoriquendi
04.29.2013 , 02:51 PM | #19
I received about 8 since 2.0 and then after the last patch I haven't been able to get any.

Khevar
04.29.2013 , 03:02 PM | #20
I feel bad for the people with no success, but I've managed to get 35 Thermal Regulators since 2.0.1 dropped with only 2 slicing toons. I got 18 of them over last weekend.