Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Slicing] Still broken? - no regulators since patch 2.0.1

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Slicing] Still broken? - no regulators since patch 2.0.1

Wolvereen
04.29.2013 , 01:49 AM | #1
it was mentioned in the patch notes that the "reward" for regulators should be increased!

but i didn't get one regulator out of about 30 mission

and credits from boxes are still lower than the mission costs ^^

so i think it's still bugged

w

jameslm
04.29.2013 , 01:58 AM | #2
Trying to get regulators since 2.0 (and 2.0.1) has been a real exercise in frustration for me. I'll only ever have one mission capable of giving them in my list, and often none. I am using two companions with 10k affection and one has +2 slicing crit. I've managed to get 6 regulators since 2.0 by babysitting my character for 3-4 hours a day while playing alts. It does not seem like it's working correctly since in the same amount of time on another character I have gotten over 60 mytag crystals with far less micromanagement.

Fenomen
04.29.2013 , 03:44 AM | #3
Its fixed. I got over 20 since Patch on One Slicer doing the Mission maybe 2 Times a day.

You only get them from Rich and Bountiful Mission on a Critical Success. Having Max Affection with your Companion and Level 3 Legacy Bonus increases your Critchance by alot.

Hope that helps

Wolvereen
04.29.2013 , 04:56 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Fenomen View Post
Its fixed. I got over 20 since Patch on One Slicer doing the Mission maybe 2 Times a day.

You only get them from Rich and Bountiful Mission on a Critical Success. Having Max Affection with your Companion and Level 3 Legacy Bonus increases your Critchance by alot.

Hope that helps
yea, got it all^^ max aff, perks from legacy and did the rich & bountifull missions! use even skorpio who has an additional crit chance for slicing^^ - still no regulators and i did 7-8 per day so far

jameslm
04.29.2013 , 06:17 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Fenomen View Post

Hope that helps
Yup, I have all these and understand how to get crits and how they work, but I'm still sitting at 6 thermals for easily over 40 missions run. If that's working as intended then perhaps it still needs a bit more tweaking.

ellenbec
04.29.2013 , 07:22 AM | #6
The question I have for the two of you though is are you both getting crits on said missions and you are not getting the purples, or are you both on a real crappy streak of no crits at all?
Khuri-PT Operations Lead Covenant Shadows - The Ebon Hawk (US East) Armory Link

Gault: "I'd like to take this moment to remind you that you are not, in fact, a hovertank - no matter how much you dress like one."

Wolvereen
04.29.2013 , 07:26 AM | #7
i think i get crits, because from time to time i get some missions or blueprints in addition
but i never got any of the regulators yet

W

Breger
04.29.2013 , 07:38 AM | #8
Incase you might know know this (sorry if you do), only the Sliced Tech Parts missions give Thermal Regulators, as, obviously, they're sliced tech parts.
Standard signature, with no creative effort on my part.

Wolvereen
04.29.2013 , 07:41 AM | #9
yea, i know, but he asked for any crits with slicing missions i think^^

Breger
04.29.2013 , 07:49 AM | #10
No, I think he meant the Sliced Tech Parts :P
You don't have to crit to get schematics from those missions, either.
Standard signature, with no creative effort on my part.