Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

ETA on SMASH NERF BIoware???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
ETA on SMASH NERF BIoware???

Tankqull's Avatar


Tankqull
04.29.2013 , 07:02 AM | #21
quite nice nerf solution from my pov would be a restriction of the guaranteed crit and the dmg increasment of singularitys to the targeted player(if in range), everybody else effected by the sweep/smashwill take only normal dmg and not the buffed one.

Draqsko's Avatar


Draqsko
04.29.2013 , 07:40 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Tankqull View Post
quite nice nerf solution from my pov would be a restriction of the guaranteed crit and the dmg increasment of singularitys to the targeted player(if in range), everybody else effected by the sweep/smashwill take only normal dmg and not the buffed one.
I'll take that, since the only thing I use smash for is to set up Blade storm, slash and dispatch with a damage buff.

Abilities in the tree:
Insight: 6% Force Critical chance
Momentum: Free Blade Storm after leap
Swift Slash: 15% Critical strike chance on Slash and Dispatch
Saber Strength: 6% damage increase on Zealous Leap, Slash and Dispatch
Shii-Cho Mastery: Shii-Cho form increases armor penetration by 30%
Force Lash: Slash deals additional energy damage as Force damage
Focused Resonance: Increase all critical strike damage of all attacks by 15%
Heightened Power: Increases all damage deal by 9% for 6 seconds after using Force Sweep

Anyone that is still rolling along with 2 or 3 button smashmonkey play is going to be vastly underperforming. The dangerous smashers are not the ones relying on just smash for damage output, even with the AOE considered, it's only about 20-25% of my DPS in the spec. Blade Storm and Dispatch are higher. So go ahead and nerf Smash damage, I'll still be using it to set up my single target burst that will remove the remain 75% of your hp bar.

Jayshames's Avatar


Jayshames
04.29.2013 , 07:46 AM | #23
There's nothing more enjoyable than popping force barrier when you get leaped.

Slurmez's Avatar


Slurmez
04.29.2013 , 07:58 AM | #24
I have been a vengeance juggernaut forever, i speccd smash as a joke as my friends kept going on about it and its just stupid, I get 10k smashes pvp and pve all day long, its not hard its not complicated and its guaranteed.

The hardest hitting attack in the game is an auto crit and crit got nerfed in 2.0 which makes it more offensive.

I will continue to play vengeance because its more fun and involving to play but the state of smash means lazy players will naturally gravitate to it and do well with it because it is just so easy mode now.

Meh, pyros had their time in the sun and are currently enjoying their kick in the nuts, smash will get it sooner or later.

randiesel's Avatar


randiesel
04.29.2013 , 08:02 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by HaemmernZeit View Post
1. Wow another nerf smash thread, you win!
2. You are confusing pre2.0 PTs with smash players. Smashing uses far more buttons than 3 to set up a smash. Let alone other attacks, defensive cooldowns, taunts, stuns, you get the picture.
3. I saw a shadow do 1.1 million and a sorc do 1.6 million in a civil. Can they get a nerf?
Is your argument best summed up as "it requires skill to play a smasher"?

If so, "lol" is my reply.
Covert-sin
Covert-ops

Slurmez's Avatar


Slurmez
04.29.2013 , 08:08 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by HaemmernZeit View Post
Smashing uses far more buttons than 3 to set up a smash.
Thats hilarious, how many more do they need to push to set up a smash? Lets see....

1. Enrage for 3 stacks of shockwave

2. Force leap or obliterate to make smash autocrit

3. Smash lols

Nope, doesnt seem like far more than 3 buttons at all.......

Ramtar's Avatar


Ramtar
04.29.2013 , 08:08 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthWoad View Post
Really? Name me 1 class that you use 15 different keybinds each warzone
my gunslinger

Draqsko's Avatar


Draqsko
04.29.2013 , 08:14 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Slurmez View Post
I have been a vengeance juggernaut forever, i speccd smash as a joke as my friends kept going on about it and its just stupid, I get 10k smashes pvp and pve all day long, its not hard its not complicated and its guaranteed.

The hardest hitting attack in the game is an auto crit and crit got nerfed in 2.0 which makes it more offensive.

I will continue to play vengeance because its more fun and involving to play but the state of smash means lazy players will naturally gravitate to it and do well with it because it is just so easy mode now.

Meh, pyros had their time in the sun and are currently enjoying their kick in the nuts, smash will get it sooner or later.
Yeah, I have to call BS on this one.. You are not rolling 10k smashes. Even people min/maxed for smash are only hitting about 8k on smash.. Or are you one of those augment exploiters?

PS. My hardest hitting attack is not smash, it's dispatch, with 15% damage buff, 15% critical buff, and 90% crit multiplier. Oh yes, and 30% armor penetration. And it's certainly not autocrit, although it crits more often than not.

Slurmez's Avatar


Slurmez
04.29.2013 , 08:16 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Draqsko View Post
Yeah, I have to call BS on this one.. You are not rolling 10k smashes. Even people min/maxed for smash are only hitting about 8k on smash.. Or are you one of those augment exploiters?

PS. My hardest hitting attack is not smash, it's dispatch, with 15% damage buff, 15% critical buff, and 90% crit multiplier. Oh yes, and 30% armor penetration. And it's certainly not autocrit, although it crits more often than not.
3200+ str in pve gear 800 power, no augment removals, no relic removals, 10k smashes all day long pvp and pve, its not hard

Aluvi's Avatar


Aluvi
04.29.2013 , 08:18 AM | #30
Every class in this game is competitive at the moment. Sorcs can do the same damage from 30 yards away. Thing is, you just notice smash more because it is more in your face. My marauder has 3 full bars of abilities, and uses every last button every game. From my experience, there isnt a single class in this game that can be effective using only three buttons. Yours is a l2p issue. The qq is strong with this one.
Aluvian (now Aluvien) Sith Marauder <Infinite Darkness> Shadowlands
Aluviann Jedi Sentinel <Triumph> Shadowlands (Retired until sents/maras git gud again)