Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ETA on SMASH NERF BIoware???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
ETA on SMASH NERF BIoware???

chriscruiz
04.29.2013 , 01:32 AM | #11
I am currently in all partisan with both Conqueror lightsabers and the Conqueror chest and boots. With a WZ stim and inspiration popped I'm criting for 6.7 - 6.8k maximum and my Dispatch (saber throw) does about the same. Without inspiration I'm criting for 6.4 on a regular basis. Now if I was maxed out in Firebrand with full augments, stim and inspiration I could see some doing 9k, but that might even be reaching a bit. People that are doing damage in the MILLIONS are EXPLOITING BOLSTER!!!

You're complaining about a pure DPS/DMG class doing what it's supposed to do. YES this is a heavy hitting class, but it IS NOT over powered and can be countered in many different ways. I'm sick of people acting like it's the best class and is unstoppable! I warzone daily and see many other classes top the damage and kill charts all the time legitamatley..

P.S I just copy and pasted my post from the thread below yours..Maybe you should of just posted there

WaywardOne
04.29.2013 , 05:26 AM | #12
ETA: it happened already. l2p.

TheGreatFrosty
04.29.2013 , 05:48 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by HaemmernZeit View Post
1. Wow another nerf smash thread, you win!
2. You are confusing pre2.0 PTs with smash players. Smashing uses far more buttons than 3 to set up a smash. Let alone other attacks, defensive cooldowns, taunts, stuns, you get the picture.
3. I saw a shadow do 1.1 million and a sorc do 1.6 million in a civil. Can they get a nerf?
Overt smasher defending smash. Maybe the OP is poorly articulated in some of his claims, but the spec is certainly still above others.

And FYI, Guardian smash - Leap, Combat Focus, Smash. To play it better than that you need multiple buttons, to play it OK and viably, i.e. to be dangerous you need only three.

xOxDarkyxOx
04.29.2013 , 06:06 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Chemic_al View Post
Lulz, you funny.

Shared: Sabre Ward, Roar (instant aoe mez)
Mara: Cloak of Pain, Undying Rage, Force Camo
Jugg: Endure Pain, Sabre Reflect

and that's before you get into talented abilities.

They then couple these outrageous defensives with the hardest hitting moves in the game.
Endure pain is one of the worst threat dumps/healing abilities out there by the way. The amount of rage it takes...

beattlebilly
04.29.2013 , 06:12 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by evilmoka View Post
I'm tired of seeing people top the dps by pressing 2-3 buttons. I just saw a jugg do 1.3 million in a hypergate. It's not even remotely fair compared to what other classes get.
Smash hits up to 5 people in a 5 meter radius(give or take a meter). Don't stand so close together.

My main's a Merc, my Mara is poorly geared and I probably don't play her right anyway because I don't have high DPS numbers at the end of the matches, so no I'm not defending this so I can keep lawl-smashing
The BastionThe Dynamite LegacySix Sith Bag

Boy, it sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don't you think?

DarthWoad
04.29.2013 , 06:14 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by mrekxxx View Post
standard L2P issue ... i see it often in WZs ... ppl shout some stupid and useless words like sniper is no skill class, assasin can solo 4 ppl, smashers or maras use 2-3 buttons, healing is OP

every1 who think 2-3 buttons is enough to be the best is retarded .... howgh... i play 6 classes and have 15-25 active keybinds on each
Really? Name me 1 class that you use 15 different keybinds each warzone

DarthWoad
04.29.2013 , 06:18 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by HaemmernZeit View Post
1. Wow another nerf smash thread, you win!
2. You are confusing pre2.0 PTs with smash players. Smashing uses far more buttons than 3 to set up a smash. Let alone other attacks, defensive cooldowns, taunts, stuns, you get the picture.
3. I saw a shadow do 1.1 million and a sorc do 1.6 million in a civil. Can they get a nerf?
You must be a smasher. Let seee...

Enrage

Leap

Smash.

Looks like 3 to me!

Asaxor
04.29.2013 , 06:24 AM | #18
First, to the people above, Endure Pain and Enraged/Focused Defense is not the same ability.

Second, keybinds on a guardian (vigilance):

warzone medpack, warzone adrenal, saber reflect, saber ward, endure pain, focused defense, sundering strike,
overhead slash, plasma brand, masterstrike, bladestorm, dispatch, force stasis, force kick, saber throw, force leap, force push, smash/sweep, combat focus, the anti-stun ability (forgot name), guardian leap, awe, taunt, mass taunt

to name but a few.

Methestel
04.29.2013 , 06:27 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthWoad View Post
Really? Name me 1 class that you use 15 different keybinds each warzone
Im using at least 22 keybinds without adrenals and relics on each class im playing.
Its normal for effective pvper.
Shadowborn

thefishdude
04.29.2013 , 06:56 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Otrorto View Post
Yeah, nerf Smash BUT gives Warriors/Knights a Stunn like other classes have (the one Warriors/Knights have is actually a channel skill, can be interrupted by pushes/others CCs/Mezzs/etc...), gives Warriors/Knights a Cleanser or Save-Me-Im-Running-Fast button, etc........

Is nearly sure than u play an Inquisitor/Consular, dont? Well, how about a nerf to a class that really need it, in all their subclasses and trees except the shared Balance/Madness? The only real survavility cooldown of Warrior/Knight is the dmg they do, no other one, if it wasnt for the dmg they do they could be the new Commandos/Mercs.
Hey, I agree that the calls to nerf smash are stupid, but don't play the "oh woe is me" card. Smash juggs and mara's have a ton of get out of jail abilities. Just be happy you have an aoe that hits ppl for 7k + on a regular basis and just ignore the crazy ppl posting crap calls for nerfs on the forums
Forum Warrior Apprentice