Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ETA on SMASH NERF BIoware???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
ETA on SMASH NERF BIoware???

evilmoka
04.28.2013 , 10:19 PM | #1
Just wondering when this is getting nerfed. It's out of control now and does the most single target and aoe out of almost every ability in the game. Not to mention the cooldown is so low.

NathanielStarr
04.28.2013 , 10:34 PM | #2
Too many players play it for them to nerf it, go smasher or be one of their pet healers. Well to be honest assassin and sniper are good alternates to those.

evilmoka
04.28.2013 , 10:40 PM | #3
I'm tired of seeing people top the dps by pressing 2-3 buttons. I just saw a jugg do 1.3 million in a hypergate. It's not even remotely fair compared to what other classes get.

evilmoka
04.28.2013 , 10:46 PM | #4
nerf smash

HaemmernZeit
04.28.2013 , 11:13 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by evilmoka View Post
I'm tired of seeing people top the dps by pressing 2-3 buttons. I just saw a jugg do 1.3 million in a hypergate. It's not even remotely fair compared to what other classes get.
1. Wow another nerf smash thread, you win!
2. You are confusing pre2.0 PTs with smash players. Smashing uses far more buttons than 3 to set up a smash. Let alone other attacks, defensive cooldowns, taunts, stuns, you get the picture.
3. I saw a shadow do 1.1 million and a sorc do 1.6 million in a civil. Can they get a nerf?

sauerkraut
04.29.2013 , 12:11 AM | #6
Who suppose to top the DPS chart?

Princz
04.29.2013 , 12:17 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by sauerkraut View Post
Who suppose to top the DPS chart?
any good player can top the charts atm imo
Princz - Sage healer of the Republic
Fantastico - sneaky assasin of the Empire
"idiots are invincible"

Otrorto
04.29.2013 , 12:28 AM | #8
Yeah, nerf Smash BUT gives Warriors/Knights a Stunn like other classes have (the one Warriors/Knights have is actually a channel skill, can be interrupted by pushes/others CCs/Mezzs/etc...), gives Warriors/Knights a Cleanser or Save-Me-Im-Running-Fast button, etc........

Is nearly sure than u play an Inquisitor/Consular, dont? Well, how about a nerf to a class that really need it, in all their subclasses and trees except the shared Balance/Madness? The only real survavility cooldown of Warrior/Knight is the dmg they do, no other one, if it wasnt for the dmg they do they could be the new Commandos/Mercs.
Server The Red Eclipse - Awesomo Legacy - PreludeOfLight/PreludeOfDark
Republic: Ototo - Scoundrel, Durilam - Guardian, Aduril - Sage, Valilkya - Commando, Ch'e'ji - Shadow. Imperial: Vr'assus - Sniper, Boobaleegs - Powertech, Darkylaine - Assasin, Darkvalkyl - Juggernaut

mrekxxx
04.29.2013 , 12:35 AM | #9
standard L2P issue ... i see it often in WZs ... ppl shout some stupid and useless words like sniper is no skill class, assasin can solo 4 ppl, smashers or maras use 2-3 buttons, healing is OP

every1 who think 2-3 buttons is enough to be the best is retarded .... howgh... i play 6 classes and have 15-25 active keybinds on each

Chemic_al
04.29.2013 , 01:22 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Otrorto View Post
Yeah, nerf Smash BUT
The only real survavility cooldown of Warrior/Knight is the dmg they do, no other one, if it wasnt for the dmg they do they could be the new Commandos/Mercs.
Lulz, you funny.

Shared: Sabre Ward, Roar (instant aoe mez)
Mara: Cloak of Pain, Undying Rage, Force Camo
Jugg: Endure Pain, Sabre Reflect

and that's before you get into talented abilities.

They then couple these outrageous defensives with the hardest hitting moves in the game.