Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

raid on arcanum

nikulka
04.28.2013 , 11:12 AM | #1
Just 'love' the many jumps.....if you are not careful and fall, you get back from start and do them all again and again....sorry but for me such quests are rubbish.

Darth_Wicked
04.28.2013 , 11:54 AM | #2
Please excuse Bioware for making something which is actually not only FAR more fun than using a Seeker Droid, but also adds some much needed variation within the already known formula. After all, they do not know what they do...

- - - -

On a more serious note, I love the Arcanum instance. Light on the storyline but so much fun and caters for both group and solo approach, by scaling it accordingly. Can't ask for more.
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link FAQ )
Quote: Originally Posted by The Unseen
When he returns, there will be peace.
When he returns, there will be silence.
WHEN HE RETURNS, ALL STARS WILL DIE.

thatghost
04.28.2013 , 12:24 PM | #3
First attempt...failed because of jumps, incredibly frustrating. Left it alone until last night: second attempt, managed to get through it and have to say that even though the final boss was crazy-easy it really was exhilarating. Bit my nails and hyperventilated after most of the jumps but in retrospect it was fun

But I empathize, OP. I hate despise loathe revile jumping. I also imagine those with rocket boots just zoom through the place...if ever there was a subtle nudge towards buying the legacy unlock for rocket boots, it's The Arcanum

krystianswtor
04.28.2013 , 06:53 PM | #4
Ive done it and not died once.

HAHA

Projawa
04.28.2013 , 07:55 PM | #5
If you don't like jumping, you really won't like the heroic4 quest at the end of the macobinocular series.

Evilenzo
04.29.2013 , 01:31 AM | #6
I did it on my first try & loved it, especially the mid-way boss and the explanation of the stolen staff.

One problem though: my brother in arms and healer just can't get the jumps before patient 0 right. His toon just won't jump. Could it be a bug with the vectorial maps?
Minadar, Sith Juggernaut, The Red Eclipse.

Themanthatisi
04.30.2013 , 09:24 AM | #7
My wife, who is horrible at jumping, only died one time on this mission.... The Jumps are not as bad as some for datacrons, which of some I also have trouble with. Jumps may be frustrating, but it is also a different kind of challenge and that is refreshing just as much as frustrating.

Allondro
05.04.2013 , 11:20 PM | #8
I just couldn't jump using my desktop. I guess the graphics card just isn't up to it. My brand new laptop sails through all graphics problems though, and jumping is no problem anymore.

Allondro
05.04.2013 , 11:32 PM | #9
I just couldn't jump using my desktop. I guess the graphics card just isn't up to it. My brand new laptop sails through all graphics problems though, and jumping is no problem anymore.

SilentKitty
05.06.2013 , 12:18 AM | #10
Have gotten a little better at the jumping-thing now. Arcanum was a lot of fun, managed the H4-jumping-session for the marcrobinoculars without too many restarts. I think it is fun. There are many people in the guild who are far better than me at jumping but I am glad that this is something different, a new type of challenge.