Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crashing without errors after patch

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Crashing without errors after patch

ievangeline
04.27.2013 , 12:29 PM | #1
I just recently came back onto swtor and i had no problem playing it until the patch, but now it just turns off randomly without an error. The time between it shutting itself down can range from between 2 minutes to half an hour which means i can't actually play the game and it's just gradually getting worse. So i would appreciate someone helping me out with a solution to the random crashes.

jpswtor
04.27.2013 , 02:42 PM | #2
Hi,

I have the same issue. Especially during transitions. For example when going on elevators or "light speed" on ships. The game just shuts down immediately to desktop without any warning or errors.

For me, this also started with the latest patch. Quite annoying.

Cheers

JP

TheNineJake
04.27.2013 , 03:04 PM | #3
Having the same issue. I re-installed my game and that solved it for a week or so but it's worse then ever again :/ I thought it was the memory loss issue but they said they have that all fixed lol

conscioushours
04.27.2013 , 05:34 PM | #4
I started having the same problem today and crashed twice within an hour, first on Makeb while doing a staged weekly mission, and then in Section X just as I had completed dailies with my group and one player quick traveled back to outpost. Those crashes were probably the smoothest I've ever had, game just freezes for 1-2 seconds and then closes. I didn't have any lag before it and the game had only been running for less than 2 hours.

I hadn't crashed in many months now so I also started thinking it's something with the latest patch.
Heliost Clan - a Star Wars blog
Qin'an Ro'ya
The Progenitor

Deusvir
04.28.2013 , 12:35 AM | #5
I am having the same issues.

OwenBrooks
04.28.2013 , 12:58 AM | #6
I have to ask but have you run the repair on the launcher after login (lower left cog)

It may not fix everyones reason for crash but it's a good starting point

ievangeline
04.28.2013 , 01:33 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
I have to ask but have you run the repair on the launcher after login (lower left cog)

It may not fix everyones reason for crash but it's a good starting point
Yeah i did that three times and re-installed it. also deleted the cache and the swtor file.

OwenBrooks
04.28.2013 , 01:36 AM | #8
If you push the windows key and type reliability have a look at the reliability history to see if it sheds any more light on the game closing , red circles and white crosses are crash points

ievangeline
04.29.2013 , 11:34 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
If you push the windows key and type reliability have a look at the reliability history to see if it sheds any more light on the game closing , red circles and white crosses are crash points
All it said was this in the Description
Faulting application name: swtor.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5175cea0
Faulting module name: nvd3dum.dll, version: 9.18.13.697, time stamp: 0x506b322d
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0014f834
Faulting process id: 0xdf8
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce41c3f266f96b
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\RetailClient\swtor.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\nvd3dum.dll
Report Id: 14c561ce-adb9-11e2-9475-5404a65a80e0

OwenBrooks
04.30.2013 , 01:36 AM | #10
Try doing a clean install of the Nvidia 320 drivers it is saying the crash is in the video driver