Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

It'd be nice for the romanced companions to acknowledge it.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
It'd be nice for the romanced companions to acknowledge it.

Jynk
04.26.2013 , 05:21 PM | #1
Nitpicky little detail alert:

Why don't the companion's acknowledge the romance once it's been completed? Something I liked in DragonAge was, after you were done romancing and you clicked on them, they would go from: "WHAT?" to "Yes, my love?" It was a little detail, but it made the completed romance feel worth something.

Now, if I click on say, Doc, I still get: "Everything's copasetic." LOL, thanks hon. Or Andronikus will occasionally say, "Let's...not talk." That's real romantic.

I shouldn't complain too much though. With the last patch, whenever I click on Aric Jorgan I now get nothing at all. Not a word. Radio silence.

Just a thought.

Seireeni
04.26.2013 , 05:43 PM | #2
I really like the idea. It has always felt funny for me that once you have had all the conversations, companions don't really seem to even remember that they are married to you (well, after those few letters at least). Imo they wouldn't have to change all the things comps say, just add some romantic lines to the ones they repeat if you press them.

Airmo
04.26.2013 , 05:50 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Seireeni View Post
I really like the idea. It has always felt funny for me that once you have had all the conversations, companions don't really seem to even remember that they are married to you (well, after those few letters at least). Imo they wouldn't have to change all the things comps say, just add some romantic lines to the ones they repeat if you press them.
I would even settle with a couple more of those mail messages from them honestly. I wouldn't know but it doesn't seem like it would be too much trouble to type something up like that, but yeah some more lines from your romanced companion would be great.
"Darkness is a friend, an ally. Darkness allows us to understand others, to see what they value when they believe no one else is looking. It allows us to be honest with ourselves, to express those values that we would disavow in the light. The light blinds us. It is only in the dark that we see clearly."

Seireeni
04.26.2013 , 05:55 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Airmo View Post
I would even settle with a couple more of those mail messages from them honestly. I wouldn't know but it doesn't seem like it would be too much trouble to type something up like that, but yeah some more lines from your romanced companion would be great.
More letters would be great! I always found those very sweet. Also, I'd like to be able to save those letters comps send and read them later for the nostalgia. I think I never even read what Quinn sent to my jugg, I got her to level 50 and didn't log in after that for a long time, I think they got autodeleted from the mailbox. :(

SithKoriandr
04.26.2013 , 08:25 PM | #5
Agreed, but shouldn't this be in the suggestion forum?

But yes, also once you're married, dated, what have you, it be nice if flirting with others actually affected them. Hell, maybe even had them leave you!
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Wolfninjajedi
04.26.2013 , 10:32 PM | #6
I would wager, that they might expand on it in quality of life updates or something of that nature.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Seireeni
04.27.2013 , 04:07 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
But yes, also once you're married, dated, what have you, it be nice if flirting with others actually affected them. Hell, maybe even had them leave you!
Sometimes this is actually true. Akaavi got so mad to my smuggler when I tried to flirt with a senator that I had to abort the conversation and change the companion I was using because I was actually afraid that she's gonna leave him. But if this would happen more often, it would be cool.

Darth_Wicked
04.27.2013 , 04:12 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Jynk View Post
Nitpicky little detail alert:

Why don't the companion's acknowledge the romance once it's been completed? Something I liked in DragonAge was, after you were done romancing and you clicked on them, they would go from: "WHAT?" to "Yes, my love?" It was a little detail, but it made the completed romance feel worth something.

Now, if I click on say, Doc, I still get: "Everything's copasetic." LOL, thanks hon. Or Andronikus will occasionally say, "Let's...not talk." That's real romantic.

I shouldn't complain too much though. With the last patch, whenever I click on Aric Jorgan I now get nothing at all. Not a word. Radio silence.

Just a thought.
Iresso, companion for the Consular, would say that my starting was getting weird, despite the fact we got married. Minor overlook the first time you heart it but after repeated times, it just gets... weird.
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link FAQ )
Quote: Originally Posted by The Unseen
When he returns, there will be peace.
When he returns, there will be silence.
WHEN HE RETURNS, ALL STARS WILL DIE.

SilentKitty
04.27.2013 , 05:28 PM | #9
Yes please =) that would make me very happy!

HaoZhao
04.27.2013 , 08:31 PM | #10
Do you really want them to call in a dozen voice actors for 10 seconds of work? Imagine getting a call from your agent to the tune of "yeah, we need you to drive across town to record 10 seconds of voice overs for this game."