Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Old Republic Insider - April 2013

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Old Republic Insider - April 2013
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

04.26.2013 , 03:05 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by JLazarillo View Post
Yes, yes, these features are coming. I'm not sure a promo video that reminds us that stuff that's been long-in-coming anyway and generally pretty well known is all that exciting, especially when it's all about how we can pay extra for it, rather than just, y'know, feel like our subscription means something.
Subscribers are second class citizens now I'm afraid

04.26.2013 , 03:12 PM | #22

Where is my hood toggle Bioware? Where?!

C'mon, this would be the perfect time for it. 2.1 - Customization.... but I still can't get my Jedi to look like he should, with his hood DOWN.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Josto Legacy
Canderon (Vanguard) Kadeen (Guardian) Shiaran (Sage)
Maloren (Powertech) Tharonos (Juggernaut) Lynnara (Sorcerer)
Andren (Scoundrel)

04.26.2013 , 03:17 PM | #23
Recolor armor?! Yay!
❤ Please make Talos Drellik a romance option for female Inquisitors ❤
Red Eclipse

04.26.2013 , 03:21 PM | #24
The idea of finally being able to choose the armor pieces I want and make them the color I want has revitalized my excitement about the game!.

I was very, very disappointed to find out that I could change my sex, but this more than makes up for it!
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

04.26.2013 , 03:22 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Mevan View Post
Subscribers are second class citizens now I'm afraid
Yes; unlocking Cathar account wide will cost a little more than your monthly allotment of Cartel Coins if you're a subscriber. Grab your pitchforks.
Kevinorz - Coral

Coral Website

04.26.2013 , 03:28 PM | #26
Everything Cory Butler said is awesome! We finally get similar customization options like that of DConline. Something I brought up as a template back in the development days.

What breaks my heart to no avail is that I went and bought the expansion pack and we still can't sit down, except for our ship's bridge all by ourselves. And to top it all off, there was no mention of that most basic of basics feature. I feel somewhat embarrassed bringing it up. I haven't even written any new SWTOR articles (I write SWTOR articles), because the only thing I want to write about is this missing feature, and I really dont like writing about SWTOR in a negative light, as I'm a big time fan. I have enjoyed the simple act of sitting, since text based MUD's (Multi user Dungeons), where we would all sit at the tavern, drinking and chatting away. People used to meet each other in this way as well. Even in MMO based animation stories like "Four Tanks and a Healer" the protagonists always meet at the bar. SWTOR doesnt have that in game community. The community appears to be on the forums.

21 years after sitting in taverns, cantinas, bars, temples, libraries, etc in mutli-player games like MUD's and MMO's, since 1992, I feel pretty embarrassed and a bit ashamed to even have to bring it up.

Still, I am happy about the armor improvements to change colors. Just depressed about all the empty cantinas. It is obvious when you walk around the cantinas in SWTOR that they were developed with so much more in mind, from the empty Pazaak tables, to the chairs, to the bartenders who dont sell liquor.
The Grassroots Jedi Movement
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that." - King
We are the very first and only Anti-War Guild for Star Wars: The Old Republic.

04.26.2013 , 03:43 PM | #27
I guess i should get my hearing checked, since it sounded to me that he said star wars the ill republic at the beginning. Otherwise, thank for the video. Looking forward to it.
The Sniperwolf legacy.
Q-t , Seolfor and Karm°y @ The Progenitor.
Kattl @ The Red Eclipse.
Purrbo - TOFN

04.26.2013 , 03:43 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Kevinor View Post
Yes; unlocking Cathar account wide will cost a little more than your monthly allotment of Cartel Coins if you're a subscriber. Grab your pitchforks.
Paying for Cathar is not an issue, though ideally they should have been part of the expansion. Paying for the ability to change your characters appearance and for the ability to choose the colour of your armour, however, is an issue. Let's not twist words.

04.26.2013 , 04:00 PM | #29
But there is more to this in 2.1, right?
Damn the fool who said history doesn't repeat itself, he clearly was not talking about MMOS.

04.26.2013 , 04:12 PM | #30
Thank god. I've been wanting to color my stuff in a different color than my questpiece and I really want a new skin tone since I'm using the relaxing jumpsuit and actually showing skin.. I never really noticed that my main looks like a lobster.