Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars: BattleCry

Wolfninjajedi
04.24.2013 , 10:35 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Ventessel View Post
No, forcibly balanced games are boring. Make the weapons powerful and interesting, and not quite too hard to abuse skillfully. I hate it when a game is so "well balanced" for multiplayer that it becomes uninteresting and pointless to even have different weapons.

One of the best FPS games I've ever played was Halo: CE. You constantly agonized over what weapon to keep and which one to leave behind, because they were all different and interesting, and powerful under the right conditions. But you always kept the pistol. It was that good.

Same thing with the Force, you use it because it's your edge. Jedi can smack you down and lay waste to everyone at close range, but it requires skill to execute those maneuvers. A good player can take down Jedi with snipers and rockets easily.
Ya except that is hard to do when you got them all jumping around and what not, using push and pull to knock someone off their feet(constantly even when they are already down) and then rush in with a flurry of saber attacks. Not saying that ranged didn't get any kills, but there weren't very many that did to begin with....as far as the Hero mode was concerned...in actual VS matches ya it was much easier to get the kill.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling
04.25.2013 , 10:20 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Not True, the ranged are the most OP for me.
They're normal troopers with an edge, awesome.
Heroes with sabers have to be in the middle of battle to be effective, and it wears them down.
Staying alive as vader in the Tantive IV quest long enough to kill leia with a force choke was easy, close hallways, but staying alive as Skywalker In Knightfall? Bleh.
I have to agree with Selenial here. While admittedly I've only played solo I've often found Force users ineffective in open maps. In order to survive you literally have to be killing 1 per second and in open battle closing distances wastes precious time with your enemy hammering at your non-existent defenses. And even when you've gotten up close swinging your lightsabers is a clunky, inaccurate motion and you often miss, not to mention the fact it takes a direct hit to kill your opponents in one shot, all the while your being shot at from all sides and are unable to raise your defenses without ceasing your attack.

So yeah, ranged fighters are a lot more effective, unless in an enclosed space. But in the end you cant beat a good old fashioned stormtrooper with an elite rifle.

Selenial
04.25.2013 , 01:07 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I have to agree with Selenial here. While admittedly I've only played solo I've often found Force users ineffective in open maps. In order to survive you literally have to be killing 1 per second and in open battle closing distances wastes precious time with your enemy hammering at your non-existent defenses. And even when you've gotten up close swinging your lightsabers is a clunky, inaccurate motion and you often miss, not to mention the fact it takes a direct hit to kill your opponents in one shot, all the while your being shot at from all sides and are unable to raise your defenses without ceasing your attack.

So yeah, ranged fighters are a lot more effective, unless in an enclosed space. But in the end you cant beat a good old fashioned stormtrooper with an elite rifle.
Favourite had to be Dooku/Palpatine.
They flied, not bursty jumped like the rest of them, it was a completely clear shot for the good 10 seconds they were in the air
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Beniboybling
04.25.2013 , 01:14 PM | #24
Favourite had to be Dooku/Palpatine.
They flied, not bursty jumped like the rest of them, it was a completely clear shot for the good 10 seconds they were in the air
Lol, exactly! And getting pwned as the Emperor by a Wookie sort of sucks.

Selenial
04.25.2013 , 01:27 PM | #25
Lol, exactly! And getting pwned as the Emperor by a Wookie sort of sucks.
RRRRAAWWWWRRRRRRR

I find that offensive!
Wookies were awesome Antiforce characters, spray powerful bullets or shoot one precise one, cant be one shotted (though that only really helped with offensive force powers) and just plain Pwn.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.

Beniboybling
04.25.2013 , 01:29 PM | #26
RRRRAAWWWWRRRRRRR

I find that offensive!
Wookies were awesome Antiforce characters, spray powerful bullets or shoot one precise one, cant be one shotted (though that only really helped with offensive force powers) and just plain Pwn.
They sucked because I always played Imperial and they just didn't die! Oh and those Bothans, sneaky little...

Selenial
04.25.2013 , 02:34 PM | #27
They sucked because I always played Imperial and they just didn't die! Oh and those Bothans, sneaky little...
I'll never forget... I got really bored while playing online once (I find online matches really boring, its why i stopped playing them) I was a bothan, snuck up on a Scout who was camping... and just.... Sat there.
Stared at him, he eventually turned round, i think to move on... And lol, after seeing me there was like a 3 second pause, i think he was scared ********, and then shot the roof....
I dont know why i found it so funny, but i laughed so hard i just had to carry on

Ventessel
04.27.2013 , 01:17 AM | #28
About a half dozen guys in my platoon got together once and started up a tournament with two xboxes for Battlefront 2, and you should have seen the tactics that emerged. Wookies were definitely powerful against the AI, but unless you were good at using the grenade launcher, they were screwed over at mid-range. A quick burst with the blaster rifle, followed by an instant switch to the pistol to off-set the drop in accuracy let you kill a Wookie in seconds flat (assuming you landed all headshots, which soon became the terrifying norm).

Bothans never really came into play, surprisingly. They were too weak and slow to be effective. They could be useful against heroes, but you were just as likely to get knocked over with the Force and killed accidentally as you were to get in a solid assassination. And when the Bothans used their regen field, they were the first targets to be eliminated.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell