Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars: BattleCry

Beniboybling
04.24.2013 , 12:15 PM | #1
I've recently had Google News send me stuff on Star Wars so I don't have to keep checking, so expect me to continue flooding the forums with updates like these.

Excerpt from article:
Quote:
Darren sits down with a group of gamers creating “what Battlefront 3 should have been”, and they are working hard to give their fellow fans a true sequel.

What exactly is Star Wars: BattleCry?

Star Wars: BattleCry is a free standalone game being developed with the CryEngine 3 SDK. We like to think of it as the ‘spiritual successor’ to Star Wars: Battlefront 2.

We want to incorporate the core gameplay elements of the Battlefront series but fix any shortcomings the original games had. Any features added to the game will be natural progressions fans would expect to find in a new Battlefront game: after all, we don’t want the game to become another generic shooter.
You can read the full article here.

Thoughts?

Aurbere
04.24.2013 , 12:24 PM | #2
Cool, but not too keen on the name. Sounds more like a combnation of Battlefront and Far Cry.

But thankfully it seems that a Battlefront 2 sequel is on the horizon.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

VigDiath
04.24.2013 , 12:56 PM | #3
I will be all over this game. Battlefront 2 was an awesome game and not just on the merits of the game (even though I loved the gameplay), but also because of the Xbox Live player base. Made some real good buddies on that game and I was mad when they shut the servers down. Looking forward to this being released.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

Wolfninjajedi
04.24.2013 , 01:00 PM | #4
Looks nice, just hope that they really balance the weapons good. Kept getting sick in BF 2, everyone(for the most part anyway) just used the Vanguard, and shots rockets and mines everywhere....was really annoying.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling
04.24.2013 , 01:04 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Cool, but not too keen on the name. Sounds more like a combnation of Battlefront and Far Cry.

But thankfully it seems that a Battlefront 2 sequel is on the horizon.
Well... it kinda is. Hopefully the game won't be though!

And yeah, some form of BF sequel will be cool. Still waiting on the real thing though!

Aurbere
04.24.2013 , 02:06 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Well... it kinda is. Hopefully the game won't be though!

And yeah, some form of BF sequel will be cool. Still waiting on the real thing though!
They can call it whatever they want so long as it has an 'Instant Action' game mode.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Selenial
04.24.2013 , 02:19 PM | #7
My god....

IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING!

Now to wait for a kotor 3 exploring the revan novel whilst actually making surik look like revans equal *cough*
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Wolfninjajedi
04.24.2013 , 02:23 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
My god....

IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING!

Now to wait for a kotor 3 exploring the revan novel whilst actually making surik look like revans equal *cough*
I'd rather not, this game(and novel) seems to cover all of what happened with Revan and such. No real need to make something, just to re-iterate as to what happened.

Anyway am rather curious, that they are giving the engineers Proton Rifles..but eh. The graphics look nice too. Am curious to see, about making your own load out...however if they don't do extensive balancing then all I see is a bunch of people is just arming themselves with missile launchers and going crazy.

Unless the missile launchers would be more of a secondary weapon and only have like 2 shots.

Selenial
04.24.2013 , 02:27 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
I'd rather not, this game(and novel) seems to cover all of what happened with Revan and such. No real need to make something, just to re-iterate as to what happened.

Anyway am rather curious, that they are giving the engineers Proton Rifles..but eh. The graphics look nice too.
I know it won't happen, and I know I'd probably hate it if it did, I just want some thing that actually shows the exile In her true light so we don't have to have the canon being this mess, that and I hated karpyshyns writing...
*sigh* I guess it's for the best to let the kotor franchise RIP, I'll always remember it <3
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Wolfninjajedi
04.24.2013 , 02:33 PM | #10
Am also wondering, if they are gonna do a sort of Heroes thing too. Giving a large list to choose from! *Hopes for IG-88*