Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Clarification Requested: Mass Manipulation Generators

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Clarification Requested: Mass Manipulation Generators

steave
04.25.2013 , 06:34 AM | #11
As someone who has run55 ops in both 8 and 16 man SM and HM, I can personally confirm the following:
SM ops do not drop MMGs, regarless of 8 or 16 man
8 man HM ops drop 1 MMG from last boss (or might have been 6th boss in S&V, not sure)
16 man HM ops seem to drop 1 MMG from every boss (tested on TFB first 2, got stuck on 3rd due to having to adjust tactics for the MUCH heavier aoe - haven't done S&V 16 man HM yet).

Additionally, a guild mate has confirmed the 2 MMGs from first time TFB clear.

jesternine
04.25.2013 , 08:31 AM | #12
Oh it's true, I may be a Jester but I don't lie. There were 4 in the crate, along with some Isotope-5...I don't mind sharing the info, but it took me 3 seeker boosts and almost an hour to find the 'Special Item' so have fun out there! using it must be a massive pain on PVP servers lol...
...never tell me the odds...

dinwitt
04.25.2013 , 12:02 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by znihilist View Post
They don't drop from 16 man OPs well at least we didn't get any from TFB 16 man OPs.
But as far as I remember they drop from HM OPs and doesn't matter if it is 8 or 16.
I cleared TFB SM 16 man Tuesday night and one dropped off of TFB. I cleared SNV SM 16 man Wednesday night and one dropped off the warlords and another off of Stryak. I don't have enough datapoints to know if these are guaranteed drops, but I do know that they are drops.

Quote: Originally Posted by jesternine View Post
Oh it's true, I may be a Jester but I don't lie. There were 4 in the crate, along with some Isotope-5...I don't mind sharing the info, but it took me 3 seeker boosts and almost an hour to find the 'Special Item' so have fun out there! using it must be a massive pain on PVP servers lol...
The worst part is when you do that and find an Enhancement 28 at the end. Stupid seeker droids.

steave
04.25.2013 , 01:50 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by steave View Post
As someone who has run55 ops in both 8 and 16 man SM and HM, I can personally confirm the following:
SM ops do not drop MMGs, regarless of 8 or 16 man
8 man HM ops drop 1 MMG from last boss (or might have been 6th boss in S&V, not sure)
16 man HM ops seem to drop 1 MMG from every boss (tested on TFB first 2, got stuck on 3rd due to having to adjust tactics for the MUCH heavier aoe - haven't done S&V 16 man HM yet).

Additionally, a guild mate has confirmed the 2 MMGs from first time TFB clear.
I have to revise that, one did just drop from last boss in TFB SM 16 man

Acaulescent
04.25.2013 , 04:53 PM | #15
The chances of finding a box like that has to be rare, very rare. I've been farming seeker spots (almost full dreadseed gear) and I've found plenty of 'special items' as well... I mean plenty. I've only come across one box with comms in there. That box you found was one hell of a find. Don't count on that box being found often.
Lieutenant Commander Acaulescent
The Imperial Guard

http://www.imperialguard.org

Jrmngndr
04.26.2013 , 04:24 AM | #16
i don't really want to post this, but i uncovered several in a crate i dug up on Makeb using the seeker droid. i was lucky enough to find the 'special item' in the area and it contained Isotope-5 vials and the MMG.
good luck out there guys, ill prolly throw mine on the GTN
I can confirm this. Got 4 MMGs and 1 I5 vial out of a "special item" at Outlaw's Den.
Drakeld | Malygris | Jormungandr
The Tchazzar Legacy

Khevar
04.30.2013 , 02:35 PM | #17
Amber, can you look over my original post and ask a dev? Clarification on this subject would be really helpful.

dinwitt
05.01.2013 , 12:24 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by steave View Post
I want to confirm that 16 man SnV HM drops 1 MMG from the first two bosses. Later bosses may drop more, will add to this topic when we get there if no one has confirmed it by then.