Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Clarification Requested: Mass Manipulation Generators

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Clarification Requested: Mass Manipulation Generators

Khevar
04.22.2013 , 03:54 PM | #1
AmberGreen, I would like to see if you could ask the devs some questions about Mass Manipulation Generators. This material is used to craft grade 30 (Arkanian / Black Market) items, and there is conflicting information bouncing around between players in the game and here in the forums.

The question is: Where do MMGs drop?

I've heard different things from difference people, such as:

1. They have a small chance of dropping in 55 HM FPs.
2. They only drop in 16-man 55 Ops (both SM and HM TfB and SV)
3. They only drop in 8m and 16m HM SV.
4. They drop in both HM TfB and HM SV.
5. They only drop from the last bosses.
6. Etc.

Basically, players are guessing based on their own personal experiences. It would be helpful if we could get official clarification from the developers of where these drop.

A secondary question, which I hope we can get an answer from, is this:

Are there any plans to increase MMG drops?

Currently, they are scarce enough that crafting these grade 30 items is an exercise in futility. We were intending to learn 69 gear to help our raid teams, but based on how rarely these drop, we're all going to be in full 72 long before we have enough material to craft more than a small handful of pieces.

Thank you.

Mugen_no_Jidai
04.22.2013 , 07:18 PM | #2
I've yet to see these drop from 8 man story on multiple TFB and S&V runs and not from the first few bosses of TFB HM that I've done. The one place I can confirm they definitely come from is the one-time quest reward for finishing TFB for the first time (then talking to the NPCs outside afterward), as we took some new raiders through TFB SM this weekend and they both got them as a reward. So you're screwed if you've already done this, in other words.

Would also love to know where else they come from and have the drop rate increased.

dinwitt
04.23.2013 , 08:45 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Mugen_no_Jidai View Post
I've yet to see these drop from 8 man story on multiple TFB and S&V runs and not from the first few bosses of TFB HM that I've done. The one place I can confirm they definitely come from is the one-time quest reward for finishing TFB for the first time (then talking to the NPCs outside afterward), as we took some new raiders through TFB SM this weekend and they both got them as a reward. So you're screwed if you've already done this, in other words.

Would also love to know where else they come from and have the drop rate increased.
I've heard it drops in 16 man story mode, though I don't recall which was mentioned, which I'll hopefully confirm tonight, and I've also seen someone claim to get a bunch using a seeker droid on Alderaan. If those are the only way to get these, 16 man ops and being lucky with a seeker droid, then crafting is even more dead than I thought.

dinwitt
04.24.2013 , 12:39 PM | #4
I wanted to come back and confirm that one drops in 16 man TFB SM, off of TFB. Hopefully I'll clear 16 man SNV SM tonight and be able to confirm that also.

-Damask-
04.24.2013 , 12:46 PM | #5
Also cybertech and artifice are still bugged, requiring them for mods and enhancements as well as the barrels/hilts/armorings.

Khevar
04.24.2013 , 02:07 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by -Damask- View Post
Also cybertech and artifice are still bugged, requiring them for mods and enhancements as well as the barrels/hilts/armorings.
I'm unsure what you mean here. Are you saying that it is a bug that grade 30 items require Mass Manipulation Generators as a crafting material? Because that doesn't sound like a bug to me.

Flying-Brian
04.24.2013 , 02:41 PM | #7
One drops from TFB on HM.

Also if you have never done the TFB story quest (the one you pick up the 1st time you do it, and it can not be repeated), you get 2 in the rewards from it.

jesternine
04.25.2013 , 12:29 AM | #8
i don't really want to post this, but i uncovered several in a crate i dug up on Makeb using the seeker droid. i was lucky enough to find the 'special item' in the area and it contained Isotope-5 vials and the MMG.
good luck out there guys, ill prolly throw mine on the GTN
...never tell me the odds...

znihilist
04.25.2013 , 03:58 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by dinwitt View Post
I've heard it drops in 16 man story mode, though I don't recall which was mentioned, which I'll hopefully confirm tonight, and I've also seen someone claim to get a bunch using a seeker droid on Alderaan. If those are the only way to get these, 16 man ops and being lucky with a seeker droid, then crafting is even more dead than I thought.
They don't drop from 16 man OPs well at least we didn't get any from TFB 16 man OPs.
But as far as I remember they drop from HM OPs and doesn't matter if it is 8 or 16.
SWTOR: KotFE, Rise of the Can't Talk About it Now.

AidanLightwalker
04.25.2013 , 05:16 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by jesternine View Post
i don't really want to post this, but i uncovered several in a crate i dug up on Makeb using the seeker droid. i was lucky enough to find the 'special item' in the area and it contained Isotope-5 vials and the MMG.
good luck out there guys, ill prolly throw mine on the GTN
If this true, thank you for sharing it.
Even the smallest of light sources can light up the darkness.
Nyren - Combat Sentinel Ewenn - Shield Vanguard
Kyrenn - Scoundrel SawbonesSyrenn - Telekinetics Sage