Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lore-wise Who Is The Most Powerful Character In-Game?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Lore-wise Who Is The Most Powerful Character In-Game?

Bytemite
04.22.2013 , 12:47 PM | #11
Must also register my bafflement at the Jedi Knight. You can piss off a Sith Lord, botch Uphrades, spark off yet another galactic war, not to mention another operation that basically was screwed from the get go because of you. Council still pats you on the back and calls you pretty.

To reiterate: what are they even smoking, is it against the Code, can I have some. Memo to Satele and everyone - knock off that whole snicker behind the back Hero title thing or I will stop this boat and let the Sith win. Not even kidding! Kind of kidding. Working on the sense of humor thing. Hearts and yays, from the Knight.

Most powerful? Ehhhh, in terms of story Sith Inquisitor I guess. Part of the ruling body of the Empire plus Force Walk plus lightning face melt plus battle fleet. Jedi Counselor has whole armies of various species, but Counselor powers, while powerful, lend towards the sacrificing for others and less so much soul munching and insta-death and taxation.

Least powerful is the smuggler. Do they even smuggle? Is their job description a misnomer and there should really be an 'n' there instead of an 'm'? They get a lot of contacts in the underworld I guess, but all the drug dealers and pimps and ladies of the night seem kinda outclassed compared to what the other main characters can bring.

DarthGile
04.22.2013 , 12:52 PM | #12
These are all opinions, folks. Not facts. I also disagree with the above poster's opinion on the Jedi Knight story. You don't need twists for a good story, just a good foundation. The Jedi Knight's story was meant to be the "Captain America" of the Republic. Simply from the beginning (with the flesh raiders), the events hint that you have the "facing the impossible, and coming back a hero" potential. Add some romance (Kira), add sidekicks (T7, Doc, Rusk), and add an unlikely powerful ally (Scourge), and you have a box office action film.

Back to the original thread. Who's the most powerful character ingame?

1.) Sith Inquisitor (with ghosts)
2.) Jedi Knight / Sith Warrior (the only difference between these two is their positions at the end of Act 3 (Emperor's Wrath, second to only the Emperor vs.another Jedi Master. Unfortunately, most of the quest NPC's prove that Jedi Master doesn't mean that they're a force to be reckoned with. Most are useless and request your help for simple things. So you have to look at the Knight's achievements instead of his rank.)
3.) Sith Inquisitor (without ghosts)

Now for the NPC's?
Spoiler

Bytemite
04.22.2013 , 02:14 PM | #13
I actually do like the Jedi Knight in the game, and yeah there's something refreshingly simple and back to the basics and (depending how you play the class story) idealistic about the Knight. But the Knight also kinda never actually succeeds at whatever they set out to do. Just saying.

BrianDavion
04.22.2013 , 02:27 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Bytemite View Post
I actually do like the Jedi Knight in the game, and yeah there's something refreshingly simple and back to the basics and (depending how you play the class story) idealistic about the Knight. But the Knight also kinda never actually succeeds at whatever they set out to do. Just saying.
I dunno, I think a lotta people are too quick to dismiss the JK story as "cliche" while missing thats kinda the point. as a guildy of mine once said "it's not cliche it's classic" the JK story is basicly the classic star wars story. whomever compared the JK to Luke Skywalker... honestly... thats kind of the point. the JK is the Luke/Anakin/Revan of his day. the best damned force the Jedi have. when the going gets tough, the Jedi call the Hero of Tython.

AureusVidere
04.22.2013 , 02:42 PM | #15
My first character was the Jedi Knight (M). I quickly got bored and rolled a Smuggler (F), then an Inquisitor (F), then a Bounty Hunter (M)... then I went back to my Knight to get the chapter 2 buff unlock.

After playing three of the other story lines I found the Knight a refreshing return to the classic Star Wars style. For me, going with the JK first was a mistake. I initially needed something that was a change-up from SW convention. After three times around with less conventional plots (I love playing Imperial simply because it's the first time I've seen the Sith portrayed sympathetically in a game), the JK has been fantastic.

maxetius
04.22.2013 , 02:43 PM | #16
1) Jedi Knight because he defeats Emperor and the Emperor says he harnesses immense power. [that he... turns into lightsaber skillz? dumb but whatever]

2) Sith Inquisitor because he cannot be killed unless stripped of his ghosts first - ghosts that only his crew + Zash really knows about, and only Zash was aware of what was required to render him mortal again - even a Sith Sorcery buff like Thanaton didn't know.

3) Sith Warrior because the story goes over and over about how ****** he is.

4) Jedi Consular, He is not the chosen one, mostly a generic if heroic jedi, but a powerful one regardless.

Aragost
04.22.2013 , 02:44 PM | #17
Spoiler
Fréd - Supersinofdoom
Lolà - Powertechofdoom
Saciela - Supersorcofdoom

Kampori
04.22.2013 , 03:06 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Spoiler
A fair point, but I really don't see what my sniper is going to do with it. 'specially seeing as Intelligence was disbanded and not coming back. My agent reminds me of Littlefinger, in Game of Thrones. Intelligence and knowledge is all well and good, and can certainly change things in your favour when things are in your favour, but when **** hits the fan, and you end up with a lightsaber in your throat, it can't really help you then.
This Is Not Here

Sniper l Marauder l Assassin l Mercenary l Sorcerer l Operative l Sith Empire l CE
The Glyndŵr Legacy. Server: Nightmare Lands (The Red Eclipse EU)

Bytemite
04.22.2013 , 03:13 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
I dunno, I think a lotta people are too quick to dismiss the JK story as "cliche" while missing thats kinda the point. as a guildy of mine once said "it's not cliche it's classic" the JK story is basicly the classic star wars story. whomever compared the JK to Luke Skywalker... honestly... thats kind of the point. the JK is the Luke/Anakin/Revan of his day. the best damned force the Jedi have. when the going gets tough, the Jedi call the Hero of Tython.
I'm not saying it's cliche (refreshing is the opposite of cliche, the Jedi Knight story is a reconstruction of classic hero stories) or that it's not cool in it's own way to be the golden boy/girl of the Jedi Order.

Instead I'm saying that if you think about it, while the Knight has accomplished a lot, they tend to fail at their assigned missions.

Spoiler

How is the Knight not considered a major screw up in the story? Or is that what's going on, does the Council keep giving the Knight these hard missions hoping that they'll get their act together and redeem all their past failures? And if so, what's going to happen when they find out the Sith Emperor is still out there?

maxetius
04.22.2013 , 08:43 PM | #20
lol, It wasn't his voice, it was the Emperor himself. When the Emperor's voss voice was killed he didn't bat an eyelash. When the Knight kills his final opponent, he is suddenly weakened to the point Marr states he lives but is pretty much useless.

Go read up the Hall Hood [lead writer] interview.

No, the dudes in the SW story weren't lying [at the time], Bioware just retroactively changed the continuity to make it simpler.