Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Did Revan fall in the end *spoilers*

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Did Revan fall in the end *spoilers*

Selenial
04.23.2013 , 04:06 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by ZirusZero View Post
I thought it was fold space?
It's called by a variety of thing, but that post was mainly a joke
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
Celéna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Maaruin
04.24.2013 , 09:14 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by FeniceNera View Post
And, by the way, I don't understand how the Republic, and the Jedi council, could condone Revan's extermination plan... I think they are aware of his plans, aren't they?
I don't think they actually knew the plan. They knew Revan was building a droid army to defeat the Empire, but only Revan and HK-47 knew that the droids were programmed for genocide.

(That would make the most sense, I guess.)
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

BrianDavion
04.25.2013 , 12:35 AM | #23
I'm of the opinion he fell. no matter how you slice it... genocide is evil.

errant_knight
04.25.2013 , 02:46 AM | #24
He was willing to kill something like 90% of the population in imperial space. That's about as dark as it gets. Good catch on the change in form and buff earlier in the thread!

TheronFett
04.25.2013 , 02:46 AM | #25
Revan lives on, at least on my server. There's: Revann, Reven, Revaan, and just about every variation in between.

But seriously, he isn't dead. I remember being able to actually kill him in beta too, but that was changed for their own reasons. Personally, I think they've squeezed all the life of out that character they can and it's time to let it go. I'd like to see him be gone for good in an upcoming operation. Malgus is dead, the Emperor is dead, give the Empire players some love and let them have Revan's head on a stick. It will tick off the fanboys something fierce.

Also, Revan's stance changes throughout the fight. It goes from light to balance to dark.

seekerofpower
04.25.2013 , 01:29 PM | #26
Now that they have changed Malgus' death to be more final (i.e. you can actually see his body laying dead) and Revan still vanishes, I have to say I am firmly in the camp that they intend for Revan to return at some point.
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope. Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds."

Flintfire
04.25.2013 , 01:43 PM | #27
Though from a purely game design standpoint, seeing that by the time we are lvl 55 we have killed so many droids we could build a ship, it would take an immense force to kill them off. It may have been intended as genocide, but the sith are hardly a weak race that would go down without a massive fight. And seeing there is always a few uber siths who can practically tear a planet in half with the force, drain another planet of its life force; such massive shows of power cannot be just killed by a droid army. But no doubt many would be killed, but in essence in the end it would be just weeding out the weak.
Infyrno/Infyrnex Infyrnus/Infyrnal
Leiptr Venaticus
Slaughtor Evisceran/Karrnivore
Sleipe/Medyc Desolus/Tyrantix

GM of Oblivion

Malaksapprentice
05.30.2013 , 04:31 PM | #28
Sorry for the lateness of the post but something that has been on my mind too.

I personally feel Revan became the person he was before KOTOR. He went after the Mandolorians in a similar way as he did the sith complete victory through genocide so that they would never rise again. He was never mr good or mr bad he was from his viewpoint do what must be done no matter what.
Something you didn't like about him but also made the character so interesting that he could do so much good then so bad. I liked when Scourge said Revan knew you needed to know both sides to defeat the emperor.
Which is why i thought he may take the Kreia role being your master. I thought Kreia was a really good bad guy who constantly infuriated me as an apprentice but that also what made her so good a character the manipulating old witch.

If Revan was 2 die don't know why emperor couldn't of killed him 300 years before. I think the only way he could be brought back was if it was an operation and instead of you killing him that he is brought b4 emperor assuming hes still alive and avoided death and then have him executed by the main man or dark council. Don't feel my character is epic enough to kill him which i think a lot of ppl feel same way. Our characters dont have same pull as Revan's did and i think that is why ppl want an appropiate death.
1 last thing technically he looks younger than Obi wan when he came out of chamber so he could practically be around a little longer but not another 100 years yet he did learn things from emps mind so who knows. Maybe another good death would be emperor controls his mind to kill Satele so kills himself to stop himself. But who knows maybe story should be left so it doesn't get any worse.

BrianDavion
05.30.2013 , 05:02 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by seekerofpower View Post
Now that they have changed Malgus' death to be more final (i.e. you can actually see his body laying dead) and Revan still vanishes, I have to say I am firmly in the camp that they intend for Revan to return at some point.
they didn't change anything, it was always possiable to just kill him. just now with gear being so much better it's MUCH more common to see.

MalthazarCeres
05.30.2013 , 09:26 PM | #30
when darth vader killed obi wan, all that i saw was his clothes falling, no corpse...
impossible to say if revan is dead or alive.
my opinion of course.