Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The reason why people leave.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
The reason why people leave.

MSchuyler
04.26.2013 , 08:17 PM | #31
This thread is really kind of humorous. Some funny (paraphrased) statements:

1. "I've been playing since the pre-release!"

(Snork!) Since December, 2011. Let's see. That's, umm, what? 17 months! Wow! I am so impressed! Yer a real old timer, yesiree! I'm impressed!

2. "I pay money to play this game!"

Seriously? $15.00 a month? Let's see. if you play a mere hour per day that's a whopping fifty cents an hour! Where else can you get as cheap entertainment? My cable-TV costs more than that. How much does it cost you to watch a 2 hour movie? Maybe you could find something cheaper, like watching traffic lights change.

3. "I have a RIGHT to complain!"

Sure you do, buddy, but the thing is, your complaints define you. If you complain about stupid stuff, then that's your reputation--complaining about stupid stuff. /ignore. Phhht!

4. "Bioware has their head where the sun don't shine!"

They are capable of putting up a game like this, which cost upwards of $200 million. You are capable of playing it, albeit imperfectly, and earn the minimum wage, if you work at all. Who is smarter?

5. "I'm gonna quit!"

But you never do. That's the sad part. You said that six months ago, yet, here you are! Isn't that just amazing! How can you have quit and still be here? It's a mystery! Tell your Mom to cancel the card.

6. "You must be a F2P player."

Yet the guy posted here. You can't post here unless you are a sub. Has this place been hacked by the F2P hordes? Or are you just forgetting the fact that F2P can't post here?

Thanks for the entertainment. It's worth $15.00/month to me, yet I only pay $12.99. And they give me cartel coins for free. Imagine that!

IAAIAO
04.27.2013 , 03:18 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by MSchuyler View Post

(Snork!) Since December, 2011. Let's see. That's, umm, what? 17 months! Wow! I am so impressed! Yer a real old timer, yesiree! I'm impressed!

Seriously? $15.00 a month? Let's see. if you play a mere hour per day that's a whopping fifty cents an hour! Where else can you get as cheap entertainment? My cable-TV costs more than that. How much does it cost you to watch a 2 hour movie? Maybe you could find something cheaper, like watching traffic lights change.

Sure you do, buddy, but the thing is, your complaints define you. If you complain about stupid stuff, then that's your reputation--complaining about stupid stuff. /ignore. Phhht!

They are capable of putting up a game like this, which cost upwards of $200 million. You are capable of playing it, albeit imperfectly, and earn the minimum wage, if you work at all. Who is smarter?

5. "I'm gonna quit!"

But you never do. That's the sad part. You said that six months ago, yet, here you are! Isn't that just amazing! How can you have quit and still be here? It's a mystery! Tell your Mom to cancel the card.

Yet the guy posted here. You can't post here unless you are a sub. Has this place been hacked by the F2P hordes? Or are you just forgetting the fact that F2P can't post here?

Thanks for the entertainment. It's worth $15.00/month to me, yet I only pay $12.99. And they give me cartel coins for free. Imagine that!
Oh god this post is so stupid even if not towards myself. Do you even read **** before posting ?

canesfanjax
04.27.2013 , 04:26 AM | #33

5. "I'm gonna quit!"

This is exactly the type of crap we're talking about, you're a prime example of the arrogant ******es that crowd this game and troll on general chat all day about stupid ****. Always remember once you start pointing your finger their are 3 more pointing right back at ya !! And just to confirm that you don't do any real research before you post look at this thread and see how many people can still post while being preferred and not having an active sub...how does it feel to have your list of troll logic get totally discredited ?
http://www.swtor.com/de/community/sh...=555979&page=4

RevenNL
04.27.2013 , 04:33 AM | #34
I actually tend to agree with MSchuyler. No-one is forcing you to play this game, so if you don't like it either leave or don't complain.

AlrikFassbauer
04.27.2013 , 04:45 AM | #35

Wrong.

F2P players of the so-called "Preferred Status" are able to write here - at least I could.

What I agree with, that is that the most "Eliticism" crowds are the most vocal ones within the forums. I have seen it in the DDO forums. It's exactly the same there.

The end content players are those the MMO makers care about. Low-level content becomes "forgotten" and NEVER becomes updated for ages - inclusive all of their bugs ! As could be witnessed with some Codex entries and the Legacy thing that came with 2.0.

In the end, EVERY MMO evolves around the Eliticists and the Content Locusts. Because they demand, they provoke storms, they get everything they want. They would even try to hinder that Newbies get goodies as well, because, as they would demand, they are there since so ling and kind of deserve to be treated first. And "first class" maybe even, too.

Most people don't even notice Eliticism within the forums, because most people have learned to hide it between quite subtle sentence formulations.

canesfanjax
04.27.2013 , 04:50 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by RevenNL View Post
I actually tend to agree with MSchuyler. No-one is forcing you to play this game, so if you don't like it either leave or don't complain.
Here is the thing I love this game most of my issues with it are to do with the community not so much the game even though it has caused a few issues for me concerning connections and such, like getting bad server lag etc , but that actually hasn't made me leave yet even tough I thought about , but these arrogant people, ****, it's getting old fast and it more or less started once all these f2p people started playing, not saying it's all of them, but it's a lo, but i'm done ranting because it will get me no where on these forums. All it will do is bring in more trolls and I can't afford to feed them anymore.

canesfanjax
04.27.2013 , 04:52 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Wrong.

F2P players of the so-called "Preferred Status" are able to write here - at least I could.
See this is what I mean, that guy did no research, he read a post and made false claims, made up what he thought this post was about, that is the definition of a troll imo.

AlrikFassbauer
04.27.2013 , 04:52 AM | #38

canesfanjax
04.27.2013 , 04:59 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Very interesting

hativa
04.27.2013 , 10:59 AM | #40
As someone who was F2P for two weeks and now subbed I don't really see what the big difference is. Sure the community is not great but that is true for other MMOs as well. It's not any better/worse than WoW. I always expect the worst out of people online so it's not surprising that people act like jerks but I do get pleasantly surprised when I have good groups.