Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The reason why people leave.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
The reason why people leave.

canesfanjax
04.25.2013 , 08:23 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Count_Haake View Post
Okay, then just leave. Simply Go. God be with you but just go.

I'm one of the newcomers (more or less) the OP mentioned. And you know what p*sses me off the most? So called veterans (or many times: relative newcomers as well) who think they know how everything should work. I take a look into the forums and see guys like the OP, like you, like a hundred others, who feel the urge to present themselves to the rest of the community and tell all those fools how sh*tty the game is.

Noone cares for your opinion. Especially not those who don't want their game experience and fun spoilt by you. If you don't like the game anymore: noone will miss you, noone needs you. Go search for an audience that cares about your pathetic performance elsewhere.

PS: This doesn't go out to anyone expressing legitimate critique. It goes out to all the drama queens, cry babies and all those craving for recognition by bashing the game and the devs.
Do you think your long winded post scares me boy? For one thing I've been playing this game since launch and have spent a lot of money hoping this game and the community there-in would get better, but with more people like you joining the game, it looks like my decision will be a lot easier now.. And here is a P.S. for you, its very easy to not see the flaws of a game when you haven't even invested a dime into this game to begin with, I bet you're free to play also ?? enjoy sucking bioware dry until it dies.

Ninja_Amnesty
04.25.2013 , 08:38 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Karkais View Post
Guess what causes the community to take a dive? It's called free-to-play.
This ^
As a smuggler, I usually give three responses. Are you going to pay me, is that all you're going to pay me, and yes I'll do it.

AlrikFassbauer
04.26.2013 , 04:18 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Karkais View Post
Guess what causes the community to take a dive? It's called free-to-play.
I have witnessed several subscription-players being very rude as well. Yes, here in these forums as well (where only subscribers can post).

But subscribers being bad is always silenced to death. Omerta. No-one wants to admit that they can be bad, too.

Count_Haake
04.26.2013 , 05:04 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by IAAIAO View Post
You just proved my point by stating all of this bs. And by misreading posts (I never mentioned newcomers as an issue).
You, Sir, mentioned newcomers being scared away by d*ckheads in the forums. I, as a newcomer, replied that at least for me it's people posting stuff like the person I quoted (Canesfanjax) who spoil the fun and might scare newcomers away. Personally I'm used to these group of people. Every game has them, in every game it's them who create that terrible atmosphere in the community. Constantly.

@Canesfanjax:

Quote: Originally Posted by canesfanjax View Post
Do you think your long winded post scares me boy? For one thing I've been playing this game since launch and have spent a lot of money hoping this game and the community there-in would get better, but with more people like you joining the game, it looks like my decision will be a lot easier now.. And here is a P.S. for you, its very easy to not see the flaws of a game when you haven't even invested a dime into this game to begin with, I bet you're free to play also ?? enjoy sucking bioware dry until it dies.
More people like me? Tell me, what do you know about me? Why do you think I'm a leecher? I decided to sub for two months 3 days after starting with this game and bought several packages of coins in addition. Today my sub ran out and I'm thinking about resubbing (if work allows me to use that time).

You just can't accept the fact that you, as someone who has played the game since launch, are called a disturbance to the community, can you? I have played a lot of MMOs and I simply can't stand your kind any longer: chronic decriers.

And I never denied the existence of flaws in the game.

uniz
04.26.2013 , 06:30 AM | #25
this game by far doesnt have the worse community i have ever seen. nor does it have the worse general chat. rift and wow beats them hands down for both. rift did it with a cross server lfd which you just cringe when you have to ever use it as it brought all of the wow learned lfd shenanigans with it. wow you just had to turn off chat making getting a opposite faction non guild group a challenge. wow didn't have a lfd when i played it. its general chat was starting to get beyond out of hand when i left too. it was far worse than this games.

i too have played several mmos over the last 12 years or so finding the only ones which had a great community had difficult leveling processes and no lfd. if you misbehaved you were put on ignore and got no group. if you died a lot you couldn't level because of the death penalties and left the game out of frustration. the game in itself weeded out children of all ages and policed itself. there were elitists as every game will have them.

the ftp issue is non existent as paying monies and not paying monies doesnt teach little johnnies how to act. nor does it attract such players to a mmo. i too have played other ftp mmos and they had great general chat and communities. not sure what mmos other played to get this idea. perhaps it was wow clones geared to 10 year olds. i just dont know.

what makes any mmo better is the guild you are in. surrounding yourself with active players of average to above skill and mmo etiquette thus making your own micro community is what makes these games for me imo. solo play is for console games.

Journeyer
04.26.2013 , 06:51 AM | #26
The only problem I see with the community is in this thread. And these forums.
I come here often, usually in the idiotic hope of finding solid discussion of stats, strategies, and content.
Invariably, I find posts citing, out-of-hand, that the game sucks, the people suck, and the developers suck.
And then the defensive "nousuck" posts. And then the "nousuckmoer" posts.

Look, I never played an MMO before Swtor. I despised the very idea of some of the communities I'd heard about in other MMOs. And I do take offense to mean-spiritedness. Initially, even SWTOR didn't seem the right game for me, in spite of an enthusiasm for all things Bioware.

But honestly, this game--it isn't so bad. I'll take credit for at least having come to the game expecting complete jerks. And when I see something arbitrary and offensive pop up in general chat...yea, I just ignore that person. To be honest, there's not a lot of it these days, and my ignore list is most certainly far from full.

I *know* other folks out there must be having a tough time, but I just am not seeing it. I'm on Shadowlands (originally Corellian run, originally originally Mind Trick)--did I just luck out and get a great server?

I *do* indulge in the ongoing Jawa-movie-titles marathons, I've got several toons on both sides, I joke about Dromund Kaas being worse than Mos Eisley. I run warzones pretty much all the time, flashpoints from time to time.

And I can literally say that I've never quit a FP, never been kicked, and only left a small handful of Warzone matches in the thousands I've played (yea, guy who was running the huttball to our own goal and dancing--looking at you).

From the posts here, it sounds like my experiences with finding decent people of a variety of skill levels, who just want to complete things successfully, is completely uncharacteristic. But surely a few others out there must be finding the game tolerable? Even, dare I say, fun?

Mind you, I'm an elitist--proudly willing to tell people I was in 37 minutes after early game access went live, happily willing to indulge in speeder-summoning egoism, and most definitely of a mindset when I enter a group that I most certainly know what I'm doing in the vast majority of circumstances. But I'd like to think I'm not a ******* about it, too. I don't rage at people, I don't make the unrealistic assumption that everyone knows every tactic, strat, etc. And more importantly, I've met very many people who act in a similar fashion.

So: sorry you haven't found what you're looking for. But before you go off on the community, I'll say that there *is* a community out there, within the rather vast TOR galaxy, that's really quite fun to play with. Wish we'd found you.
I make useful, game-expanding suggestions.
Holorancor | Food! | Outfit Storage | My Career | Ultimate PvE Solution

canesfanjax
04.26.2013 , 01:45 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Count_Haake View Post
You, Sir, mentioned newcomers being scared away by d*ckheads in the forums. I, as a newcomer, replied that at least for me it's people posting stuff like the person I quoted (Canesfanjax) who spoil the fun and might scare newcomers away. Personally I'm used to these group of people. Every game has them, in every game it's them who create that terrible atmosphere in the community. Constantly.

@Canesfanjax:

More people like me? Tell me, what do you know about me? Why do you think I'm a leecher? I decided to sub for two months 3 days after starting with this game and bought several packages of coins in addition. Today my sub ran out and I'm thinking about resubbing (if work allows me to use that time).

You just can't accept the fact that you, as someone who has played the game since launch, are called a disturbance to the community, can you? I have played a lot of MMOs and I simply can't stand your kind any longer: chronic decriers.

And I never denied the existence of flaws in the game.
You're just a waste of air actually and I highly doubt you have ever subbed in this game. And by the way you jumped on me for making on simple comment to someone who was being a sarcastic jerk. so you felt the need to insult me and tell me to leave ? That's real mature buddy.

Sobur
04.26.2013 , 01:51 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by canesfanjax View Post
And it looks like you're one of those arrogant people he was referring to...this community does suck as does the game itself to be honest this game is very broken.
Why are you here then , just to troll? I happen to like the community , except the forum community which seems to be full with depressed people who hate everything under the sun.

canesfanjax
04.26.2013 , 01:56 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Sobur View Post
Why are you here then , just to troll? I happen to like the community , except the forum community which seems to be full with depressed people who hate everything under the sun.
I'm here because I pay to play this game and have every right to post how I feel, it has nothing to do with trolling it has everything to do with the reality of this game. Looks like the real troll here is you to be honest. And from the looks of all your forum post you sure do ***** and complain a lot too, so who are you to talk ?

andyjd
04.26.2013 , 02:56 PM | #30
The community blows, not just the forums but general chat. Just yesterday on tatooine there was a huge rage in Gen chat about people arguing over intelligence and some guys player name(who cares?) It all started with "what kind of player name is that" (paraphrase). People just want to pick fights to make themselves feel better because something is going wrong in their life outside of the game, that's my perspective on it anyway.

Just because you have X many alts and the best gear doesn't give them the right to talk down to a new player. How would you feel or what would you do for example if you worked for a company and the CEO always slandered and talked down to you? If you had a spine you would quit (if financially affordable). The community needs fixing. Out of all the MMO's I have played LOTRO by far has the best community.