Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Huttball Championships - Rebels vs Separatists

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Huttball Championships - Rebels vs Separatists

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
04.20.2013 , 06:13 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
By ROTJ Luke I mean Luke at the point where he fought and defeated Darth Vader aboard the Death Star.
Mmmk then, well Durge is still gonna be the biggest thing to overcome. Grevious is next, due to him being able to wield 4 blades at a time then Dooku and then Ventress. I just gotta give it to the Seps, the Rebs can't really bring Durge down and when they try to they are just gonna be taken aback by the other 3.

Side note: The forums seem a lil screwy.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Bird_of_Thunder's Avatar


Bird_of_Thunder
04.20.2013 , 06:50 PM | #12
anyone else read the intro in Baron Deathmark's voice?
Lord Ravvok
Annihilation Marauder
<Ebon Hawk, U.S>

tunewalker's Avatar


tunewalker
04.21.2013 , 02:21 AM | #13
Am I the only one who looks at all these at least its only ROtJ Luke and think that people are highly underestimating Luke at that time the man bested Vader at his best. For those of you who say he only defeated him after tapping into the dark side i suggest watching a bit closer and reading the novel Luke was as much above vader at the end as Vader was above him on bespin. He wasnt trying to defeat vader while vader was giving everything he had to defeat Luke, Luke was litterally not trying only trying to talk to his dad and turn him while vader was pretty much trying as hard as he could to defeat Luke and show him how strong the dark side was. Luke had the upper hand at every point in that fight. It should also be noted that Yoda sent Luke to face not just vader but the emporer as well and said "No more training do you require, already know that what you need." he was pretty much saying if Luke did not underestimate Palp's it was possible that he could defeat his father and then turn and defeat palpatine. Luke is plenty acrobatic as well you see this in his training on dagobah on.

While his saber combat doesnt look fancy you have to remember it is Djem So so its doesnt need to be fancy to be effective if any one ever read the novelization of episode 3 Dooku was actually more exhausted from blocking a single blow from anakin (who became much more powerful as vader) then he did from throwing obi-wan across the room and dropping the scafolding on him. If anakin with just force enhanced strength could do that to dooku imagine what RotJ Luke could do, he toppled his father with his blows, a force enhanced blow from Luke and Dooku is on his knees, same with ventress as anakin beat her the same way with just raw powerful blows (actually duel sabers are at a disadvantage when blocking powerful blows so she would be even more prown to it then dooku).

Obviously i think the rebels have this Galen is greatly powerful with the alter portion of the force which would give him a great advantage against people like grevious and ventress. Luke's massive saber skill along with force enhanced strength and acrobatics make him a match for any one on that team (any one anakin could beat using djem so Luke should have an easier time with as he bested his father in his prime when both were using a much more advanced version of Djem So) R2 will come into play here better then most people think like ben said R2 can manipulate the traps any one who has played Hutt Ball knows the traps are king if R2 can shut down traps or activate them at terrible times it wont matter how tough the enemy team is R2 is frying them and Luke or galen are walking unimpaired all the way to the end zone honostly i think the little astro driods trap control will make this game put the extra troops around the little R2 and let galen and Luke run that ball and the seperatists are screwed by traps.

P.S. Should also be noted that the rebels cannon fodder troops will be much more effective than the serpatists droids as the clone wars showed us human troops are vastly superior to droids they react faster and are better tactically and the rebels are some of the best out there they often fight superior forces and still find a way to come out on top those droids are done for honostly i think the 3 force users on the rebel team will be an even match against all 4 of the serpatists but when taking into account R2's control over the traps and the vastly supperior support troops the rebels have this game hands down.

Warren-Stride's Avatar


Warren-Stride
04.21.2013 , 08:02 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
*SNIP*
Addressing Luke:

No one ever said Luke wasn't a skilled fighter. But listen. How did Anakin do against lightning? How did Luke? What do Ventress and Dooku have? Lightning. Vader did not have lightning, and Luke defeated him. But as soon as the Emperor poored lightning on Luke, he was doomed. He simply did not know how to counter it during RotJ. So yes, Luke is a grade-A duelist. But, unfortunately for him, Ventress and Dooku don't need to best him in combat. They just need to zap him a few times.

Addressing R2-D2:

Sure he can disable the traps and whatnot, but he'll have to be in the smack-dab middle of the arena, where Durge could easily blast him to bits. He doesn't have any defenses, a single grenade from Durge would blow him to bits (Sorry little buddy!). And if he is successful in deactivating the traps, this isn't like the SWTOR game. You don't have to go through the fire. See Grievous and his strange arm things. He could walk under the fire pits. Or Ventress could simply jump over them.

Addressing Troops:

I will try to remain respectful and on topic, but it's hard because you're disrespecting droids. In no way do humans react faster than super-advanced computers, or form tactics faster. That doesn't even make any sense. But anyways, Commando Droids are NOT the B1s you are probably thinking of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PUFNiRw5Ls

Note their flexibility, their ability to take on Jedi (and win) and the fact that their aim is much much improved. And they're even taking on elite clone troopers, which you say were proved better, and killing them. If anything, it's the rebellion special forces that are at a disadvantage, as they are not even military trained and/or raised to be warriors like the clones these droids are so good at killing.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

tunewalker's Avatar


tunewalker
04.21.2013 , 10:14 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
Addressing Luke:

No one ever said Luke wasn't a skilled fighter. But listen. How did Anakin do against lightning? How did Luke? What do Ventress and Dooku have? Lightning. Vader did not have lightning, and Luke defeated him. But as soon as the Emperor poored lightning on Luke, he was doomed. He simply did not know how to counter it during RotJ. So yes, Luke is a grade-A duelist. But, unfortunately for him, Ventress and Dooku don't need to best him in combat. They just need to zap him a few times.

Addressing R2-D2:

Sure he can disable the traps and whatnot, but he'll have to be in the smack-dab middle of the arena, where Durge could easily blast him to bits. He doesn't have any defenses, a single grenade from Durge would blow him to bits (Sorry little buddy!). And if he is successful in deactivating the traps, this isn't like the SWTOR game. You don't have to go through the fire. See Grievous and his strange arm things. He could walk under the fire pits. Or Ventress could simply jump over them.

Addressing Troops:

I will try to remain respectful and on topic, but it's hard because you're disrespecting droids. In no way do humans react faster than super-advanced computers, or form tactics faster. That doesn't even make any sense. But anyways, Commando Droids are NOT the B1s you are probably thinking of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PUFNiRw5Ls

Note their flexibility, their ability to take on Jedi (and win) and the fact that their aim is much much improved. And they're even taking on elite clone troopers, which you say were proved better, and killing them. If anything, it's the rebellion special forces that are at a disadvantage, as they are not even military trained and/or raised to be warriors like the clones these droids are so good at killing.
Well you do have to note that Luke threw away his saber when he faced sidious like i said he isnt known to be great with alter powers thats galens territory but again Anakin defeated both of these lightning users why? because he knew about lightning and could defend against it something Luke now knows from facing the emporer and he isnt going to be tossing his saber aside like he did when facing the emporer. Luke vs ventress and Dooku will look similar to Sidious vs the 3 masters that acocmpanied Windu.

As to the troops thing Those droids in most of those shots had either a number superiority or a tacticical advantage before engaging with either stealth or better entrenched positions they never appeared to be up against a superior force something the rebels were known for being in all the time. Which leaves the question if these droids were so vastly superior to the clones how did the clones win the war instead of the seps just pumping out more of these droids awnser they werent more effective at the end of the day the best of the clones beat these droids and when it comes down to it elite rebel troops are pretty much the best in the galaxy taking on missions where they are often outnumbered and outgunned by more then 10 to 1 and coming out on top against even the empires finest.

P.S it should be noted that Luke wasnt hit with just any lightning he was hit by sidious's lightning most powerful form there was and tanked it surviving for 10 minutes something windu with all his power was near instantly fried by. So windu a jedi master and one of the most powerful of the oder is fried to death in less then a minute but Luke takes 10 minutes of continued pain and survives. Even if ventress and Dooku were to try to fry Luke I dont think thier power would be enough to stop Luke he was quite good at controlling pain.

Warren-Stride's Avatar


Warren-Stride
04.21.2013 , 11:47 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
*SNIP*
Skywalker:

The point still remains that Luke doesn't know and hasn't be trained to know how to counter lightning attacks. He might catch on during the Huttball match, but he won't be able to counter it effectively. Not to mention all the other dark side powers he's never faced at this point, namely Force Choke. In RotJ, the only Sith Luke has fought is Darth Vader, who didn't use the Force really at all. Dooku and Ventress both use the Force to great extent during their combat. As for pain tolerance, he was still subdued into crying on the floor. I'm not entirely sure about this, but I also don't think that Sidious was actually trying to kill him, like he was with Windu.

Troops:

You say that these troops are so great, but honestly before this thread I'd never heard of them. Can you give me a description and/or a list of accomplishments? Because it sounds as if you are romanticizing them. Rebel troops are not the same as Clones, as you seem to assume. They were not born to be soldiers, nor were they trained from birth on how to combat droids.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

tunewalker's Avatar


tunewalker
04.21.2013 , 12:03 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
Skywalker:

The point still remains that Luke doesn't know and hasn't be trained to know how to counter lightning attacks. He might catch on during the Huttball match, but he won't be able to counter it effectively. Not to mention all the other dark side powers he's never faced at this point, namely Force Choke. In RotJ, the only Sith Luke has fought is Darth Vader, who didn't use the Force really at all. Dooku and Ventress both use the Force to great extent during their combat. As for pain tolerance, he was still subdued into crying on the floor. I'm not entirely sure about this, but I also don't think that Sidious was actually trying to kill him, like he was with Windu.

Troops:

You say that these troops are so great, but honestly before this thread I'd never heard of them. Can you give me a description and/or a list of accomplishments? Because it sounds as if you are romanticizing them. Rebel troops are not the same as Clones, as you seem to assume. They were not born to be soldiers, nor were they trained from birth on how to combat droids.
You mean the "and now young skywalker you die" was him not trying to kill Luke pretty sure that his trying to kill Luke and again when someone says use force both Luke and Vader were using the Force during the entire fight just not the alter as in telekentics or lightning or what not and bringing a lightsaber up to defend lightning attacks is going to pretty much instinctive and he has faced vaders telekentics before part of the reason it wasnt used against him is vader knew his son was beyond using such a trick again Yoda was the one that sent Luke to face not just vader but THE EMPORER as well Yoda was calling Luke greater then himself in episode 3 believing Luke could do what the order had failed to do what he had failed to do. Both yoda and obi-wan believed that all Luke had to do To defeat both "Vader and his emporer" was to steel his resolve and not hold back which he was doing his entire fight with his father and again didnt even fight the emporer at all.

And the exploits of the rebel alliance are to numerous to account for they were outnumbered in every fight they were ever in many fights they did lose but every victory they had was against Storm troopers that outnumbered them by more then 10 to 1 and in some cases had the better advantage over them any of the books covering the time when the empire was in control including books like shadow of the empire and such will tell you the odds the rebels often faced and how they were used to fighting with odds against them and either making it out with minimum cassualties or coming out on top.

P.S his father used force choke and so did he if we are talking RoTJ Luke he was capable and did use force choke just as well as the next person so I am pretty sure if he can use it some one using it against him isnt likely.

Warren-Stride's Avatar


Warren-Stride
04.21.2013 , 12:04 PM | #18
Looking at lightsaber forms:

Dooku and Ventress use Makashi, a form based on precision, flow, and efficiency.
Quote:
Form II emphasized fluid movement and anticipation of a weapon being swung at its target, and so required very smooth motion of both the blade and the body, and practitioners often wielded the blade one-handed for a greater range of movement. Timing and accuracy were relied-upon to defeat one's opponent, rather than strength.
Meaning that Luke and Galen's Form V, Djem So, will be largely ineffective against this more refined form of combat. Their heavy blows that would be so devastating to other duelists will be dodged and deflected, rather than parried.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

tunewalker's Avatar


tunewalker
04.21.2013 , 12:10 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
Looking at lightsaber forms:

Dooku and Ventress use Makashi, a form based on precision, flow, and efficiency.


Meaning that Luke and Galen's Form V, Djem So, will be largely ineffective against this more refined form of combat. Their heavy blows that would be so devastating to other duelists will be dodged and deflected, rather than parried.
LOL and this is where you obviously didn't pay attention to the original Post Dooku AND ventress BOTH LOST in a straight saber fight with anakin who also used Djem so. Luke better Djem so>Vader>anakin also should be noted that Luke's and vaders Djem so also had elements of makashi ataru and soresu in it thus eliminating the weaknesses if dooku faces Luke lightsaber out he is done before he knows what hit him. Like i said already Luke vs Dooku and ventress will looks exactly like Sidious vs the 3 jedi masters that accompanied Windu over in seconds with little effort put up by dooku or ventress not because they arent good just Luke's Djem so is just to advanced and way to power a blow from him just 1 single blow will drop them to there knees a second and they are dead.

Warren-Stride's Avatar


Warren-Stride
04.21.2013 , 12:42 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
LOL and this is where you obviously didn't pay attention to the original Post Dooku AND ventress BOTH LOST in a straight saber fight with anakin who also used Djem so. Luke better Djem so>Vader>anakin also should be noted that Luke's and vaders Djem so also had elements of makashi ataru and soresu in it thus eliminating the weaknesses if dooku faces Luke lightsaber out he is done before he knows what hit him. Like i said already Luke vs Dooku and ventress will looks exactly like Sidious vs the 3 jedi masters that accompanied Windu over in seconds with little effort put up by dooku or ventress not because they arent good just Luke's Djem so is just to advanced and way to power a blow from him just 1 single blow will drop them to there knees a second and they are dead.
Heh.

No.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmIkpRkgaZk

If you skip to about 1:40 on this clip, that's more how I see this fight going down. Dooku picks Luke up in a choke, throws him down, dead Luke.

"One single blow" and they're dead? Really? Because Dooku did just fine for a good minute against Anakin, deflecting all sorts of blows. And he wasn't even defeated with on of the strong overhead strokes you're describing.

I'm actually not surprised you're overestimating RotJ Luke, this happens every single time he's brought up in one o these threads. But seriously, if you're going to make the argument that he will one-shot people, I suppose I can do the same.

LOL and this is where you obviously didn't pay attention to my original post Obi-wan AND Luke BOTH LOST when the Force was used against them. Like I said Luke vs. Dooku or Ventress will look exactly like Luke and the Emperor when he fried him to a screaming crisp.

Or, they can both just Force Choke him at the same time, crushing his windpipe instantly.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?