Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I'm Finding it Hard to Play a Dark Side Character, Suggestions?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
I'm Finding it Hard to Play a Dark Side Character, Suggestions?

Kaedusz
04.20.2013 , 04:48 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Berronaxftw View Post
But every time I try to play a dark side character, I get sucked into my characters story and I can't help but make the same decisions I would most likely make myself..
Lol i have the same problem but with light side characaters.

zzoorrzz
04.20.2013 , 05:10 AM | #12
I have the same problem with light characters. Though I doubt I'm missing anything :-)

Beniboybling
04.20.2013 , 05:53 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
Lol i have the same problem but with light side characaters.
I play a dark side smuggler.

JouerTue
04.20.2013 , 06:08 AM | #14
i played a pure light and the rest i have i play as i like..

GAG_Caedus
04.20.2013 , 06:17 AM | #15
I tried to make a dark side inquisitor once, but gave up on Dromund Kaas. Always felt bad after majority of dark side choices. Deleted character and have no regrets.

Berronaxftw
04.20.2013 , 11:06 AM | #16
Yea, I don't choose options purely for the dark side or light side points, I just find most of the dark side options a little to dark and.. well to be frank, stupid.

So every time I try to play a dark sided character i'm always sucked into my characters story and I pick the options I would pick myself which ends up mostly picking light side options.

I have loyalty to the empire's citizens, but not to the empires rulers, nor it's policies and ways, to be frank I hate the slavery in the empire and one day I hope to change that, because as history shows using fear, oppression and similar tactics to rule will always lead to destruction.

But as one previous poster said, I could just farm dark points in the black talon hehe :P

Berronaxftw
04.20.2013 , 11:08 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by GAG_Caedus View Post
I tried to make a dark side inquisitor once, but gave up on Dromund Kaas. Always felt bad after majority of dark side choices. Deleted character and have no regrets.
I didn't make it passed korriban.. I found it stupid killing and torturing everyone.. for one, torture is evil, it only serves to pleasure the person doing it, it bends the truth, people will say anything to make it stop. And secondly killing potential allies and resources it plain stupid and just evil.

zzoorrzz
04.20.2013 , 11:11 AM | #18
I didn't make it passed korriban.. I found it stupid killing and torturing everyone.. for one, torture is evil, it only serves to pleasure the person doing it, it bends the truth, people will say anything to make it stop. And secondly killing potential allies and resources it plain stupid and just evil.
Its not stupid as long as it makes u stronger in Dark Side. It's better to have 1 powerful sith than 100 weak servants.

Beniboybling
04.20.2013 , 11:22 AM | #19
Interesting, I'd like to know what you would do in the following situation...

You've confront a pair of Jedi Masters in a unstable cave on Hoth. One of the masters has been trapped here for many years and yet to recover, yet he has become powerful and a threat to the Empire. You defeat the first master, yet the second bargains for his life. Claiming he is no longer concerned with the war and has no intention of returning. Do you: kill both masters anyway, or spare them and collapse the cave, leaving the Jedi to continue his transcendence?

samrayx
04.20.2013 , 11:34 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Interesting, I'd like to know what you would do in the following situation...

You've confront a pair of Jedi Masters in a unstable cave on Hoth. One of the masters has been trapped here for many years and yet to recover, yet he has become powerful and a threat to the Empire. You defeat the first master, yet the second bargains for his life. Claiming he is no longer concerned with the war and has no intention of returning. Do you: kill both masters anyway, or spare them and collapse the cave, leaving the Jedi to continue his transcendence?
This situation seems familiar...
Spoiler