Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[VIDEO] Ability Failure to Fire Bug

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
[VIDEO] Ability Failure to Fire Bug

SOULCASTER
04.19.2013 , 02:13 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Joesixxpack View Post
Good of you to put together that vid OP.

I'm not surprised to see you demo'd it with a VG. It was so common and annoying with mine that I trailed off on PVPing with that toon.
Yeah I have 9x 50's (well 5x 55's and 4x 50's now), and I play my vanguard less SPECIFICALLY because of this issue. HIB and Ion pulse fail to fire for me more than any other ability on my other classes. And obviously...those are the 2 most important abilities of that class haha. I was trying to level my vanguard today to 55, when I immediately started running into this bug again, HEAVILY.

I had to make a video. I really can't take it anymore.
WAR & WEAPONS OF WAR
Prophecy of the Five | Guild Leader
www.WeaponsOfWarGuild.enjin.com
5x Season 1 All-star | 7 Year SWG Vet (Bria)

Deluxe_
04.19.2013 , 02:15 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Things like the few second delay during pvp games were solved. It was like you pressed the button and the ability just activated few seconds later, nothing to do with the issue explained in this thread but it was mentioned in the big one.
And here I was thinking this right here was the topic of this thread, but from your post and after re-reading the OP I just realised it's a different issue. It happens to me a lot, especially with Ion Pulse, as in OP's video.

But that ability delay is still there, and it's not only limited to PVP. So they never solved it (at least not entirely).

Blackavaar
04.19.2013 , 02:15 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
Not to discredit your video, but I couldn't tell any misfiring. The way you were dancing around the screen it was hard to keep up with what your character was doing, let alone see if one missed. Maybe when I get home I can take a better look to see it, but I feel that this issue could have been demonstrated better (assuming that this video does show abilities misfiring).
Agreed. You should have someone else kite the baddies while you stand still. It would be easier to see what is happening with your abilities that way.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

spankolol
04.19.2013 , 02:17 PM | #24
This has been a problem with the game since launch, I doubt they will ever fix it. Its really frustrating too.

Drebs
04.19.2013 , 02:23 PM | #25
So obviously the animation isn't playing, but do we know no damage is being dealt? Just thinking it may be helpful to compare with the combat log.

scraycroft
04.19.2013 , 02:51 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Drebs View Post
So obviously the animation isn't playing, but do we know no damage is being dealt? Just thinking it may be helpful to compare with the combat log.
It happens the same with healing on my sage, and its not just the animations missing, it uses the GCD and no health is added to my target. And I don't mean every once in a while, I mean at least 5-6 times a warzone. Missing that Bubble+HoT is gamebreaking in PvP, you don't get another 1.5 seconds to try again.

What drives me bananas though is when your character does the animation as well, so you assume its lag and wait for the Channel or Cast to hit, but it never does and you just wasted 3-4 seconds.
Malystriz PuffinStuff
The Bastion
Quote: Originally Posted by ChewyYui View Post
They added alacrity to the gear so you can taunt things faster and accuracy is there so the fast taunts don't miss, fly off and taunt a tree or something.

SOULCASTER
04.19.2013 , 03:10 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
Not to discredit your video, but I couldn't tell any misfiring. The way you were dancing around the screen it was hard to keep up with what your character was doing, let along seeing if one missed. Maybe when I get home I can take a better look to see it, but I feel that this issue could have been demonstrated better (assuming that this video does show abilities misfiring).
AS REQUESTED!!! Here is a new and improved video 1080HD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJmxr...ature=youtu.be

My guildmate Sabre, tanking for me, while I spam attacks.

ORIGINAL POST WAS ALSO UPDATED WITH THIS LINK!
WAR & WEAPONS OF WAR
Prophecy of the Five | Guild Leader
www.WeaponsOfWarGuild.enjin.com
5x Season 1 All-star | 7 Year SWG Vet (Bria)

Kingrami
04.19.2013 , 03:19 PM | #28
gosh this happens to my tracer missles and unload abilities almost all the time in pvp

Blackavaar
04.19.2013 , 03:23 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by SOULCASTER View Post

Much clearer. Thanks.
I see what you mean now and it is clear as day for any devs that happen to be watching this thread.
Yeah, that really needs to be fixed.

CoH had similar problems back in the day. They managed to fix it. I'm sure BioWare can too.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

MillionsKNives
04.19.2013 , 03:32 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by SOULCASTER View Post

Big improvement, it was very easy to tell the misfires. Hopefully this gets some attention and is worked on.