Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Mace Windu vs Sidious


TheronFett's Avatar


TheronFett
04.21.2013 , 02:22 AM | #21
Bleh. This again?

Sidious CLEARLY threw the fight against Windu in order to coax Anakin to the dark side. I honestly don't know how any of you can draw any conclusion otherwise. The whole thing was a setup orchestrated by Sidious that was years in the making.

Do you really think that the most powerful Sith in history...who could foresee the future, manipulate an entire war, cloud the minds of the Jedi Council, who earlier dispatched two Jedi Masters in mere seconds, who later would get the best of even Yoda...would have much trouble with Mace Windu?

LadyKulvax's Avatar


LadyKulvax
04.21.2013 , 04:00 AM | #22
Someone clearly hasn't read the RotS novel.
"The Empire is war made manifest. That is why it is perfect."
Imperial Order

ZahirS's Avatar


ZahirS
04.21.2013 , 11:46 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Doctoglethorpe View Post
I was talking about Alec's Obiwan. The JK's master, the one who becomes a force ghost and guides you... exactly what Obi-Wan did.

And come on, T7 = T3, and T3 = R2. They are both rip offs of R2. And Doc is not like Carth. Carth is a soldier-boy, not a scoundrel. He doesn't chase the ladies and the money.

And Mace uses Vaapad. Vapaad doesn't even exist in this game. And couldn't really properly depict it anyways. The movie certainly completely failed to. Vaapad is supposed to be so complex its like watching the Tasmanian Devil turn into a miniature tornado.
lol this, well to be honest just a minor correction KOTOR Revan is based more on Vader so say the author Drew K. not on Luke either. you are right that the doc is more like Han Solo role

Now i really want to see Vapaad added to SWTOR

LadyKulvax's Avatar


LadyKulvax
04.21.2013 , 11:48 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by ZahirS View Post
Now i really want to see Vapaad added to SWTOR
Impossible, Vaapad is invented by Mace Windu.
"The Empire is war made manifest. That is why it is perfect."
Imperial Order

ZahirS's Avatar


ZahirS
04.21.2013 , 11:51 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
Impossible, Vaapad is invented by Mace Windu.
Easy, somehow the hero of tython finds a holocron and learns it, then is lost for 3000 years until Mace Wndu develops it again.

LadyKulvax's Avatar


LadyKulvax
04.21.2013 , 11:53 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by ZahirS View Post
Easy, somehow the hero of tython finds a holocron and learns it, then is lost for 3000 years until Mace Wndu develops it again.
No I mean, we actually know how he invented it and everything, he literally made Vaapad from the ground up.
"The Empire is war made manifest. That is why it is perfect."
Imperial Order

ZahirS's Avatar


ZahirS
04.21.2013 , 11:55 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
No I mean, we actually know how he invented it and everything, he literally made Vaapad from the ground up.
he borrowed different styles into Vapaad, he developed the stance he didn't "made it", that been said someone in the past could have replicated it (Hero of Tython)

LadyKulvax's Avatar


LadyKulvax
04.21.2013 , 12:03 PM | #28
Erm no, Windu got all the ideas from the creature called Vaapad, then he spent many years refining it with Sora Bulq, it was a state of mind he found through practice and meditation, it was his own imagination that created it.
"The Empire is war made manifest. That is why it is perfect."
Imperial Order

ZahirS's Avatar


ZahirS
04.21.2013 , 12:15 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
Erm no, Windu got all the ideas from the creature called Vaapad, then he spent many years refining it with Sora Bulq, it was a state of mind he found through practice and meditation, it was his own imagination that created it.
Its both, He developed Vapaad by studying the creature of the planet spirq but also he devloped it from Juyo form.

Revan might aswell used Vapaad at some point.

LadyKulvax's Avatar


LadyKulvax
04.21.2013 , 12:21 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by ZahirS View Post
Its both, He developed Vapaad by studying the creature of the planet spirq but also he devloped it from Juyo form.

Revan might aswell used Vapaad at some point.
It's a variation of Form VII, it's basis is explosive use of dark side energy, but that's about all they share.

Again, Windu invented Vaapad, it was his own imagination and refinement of duelling skill that allowed it's creation, not a holocron or whatever.
"The Empire is war made manifest. That is why it is perfect."
Imperial Order