Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP ARENA ?!

fungihoujo
04.19.2013 , 10:59 AM | #21
Why not, it'll give BW something else to screw up horribly, and then act like nothing is wrong as 3 or 4 classes absolutely dominate the arena, and the other 4 are left in the dust while people go 'well, clearly only the decent players are playing those classes cuz everything's perfectly balanced!' and BW goes 'I READ A POST WHERE THIS CLASS WAS CALLED OP SO WE WILL NERF IT, DOES NOT MATTER THAT THIS CLASS IS NEVER TAKEN IN ARENAS AND RWZ IT IS OP IN 10-29 WZ SO WE WILL NERF IT HARD SO HARD OMG R WE GOOD DEVS YET!?!?!'

That's exactly what'll happen.

Skylarc
04.19.2013 , 11:09 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
Why not, it'll give BW something else to screw up horribly, and then act like nothing is wrong as 3 or 4 classes absolutely dominate the arena, and the other 4 are left in the dust while people go 'well, clearly only the decent players are playing those classes cuz everything's perfectly balanced!' and BW goes 'I READ A POST WHERE THIS CLASS WAS CALLED OP SO WE WILL NERF IT, DOES NOT MATTER THAT THIS CLASS IS NEVER TAKEN IN ARENAS AND RWZ IT IS OP IN 10-29 WZ SO WE WILL NERF IT HARD SO HARD OMG R WE GOOD DEVS YET!?!?!'
That's exactly what'll happen.
I play a Combat Medic Commando. I break 1 mil heals and 1300-1500HPS consistently and am on par with other healering classes. RWZ teams will have more DPS sorcs because it allows a player to substitute a lot of lacking skill for a class that is very good right now. The same as the exodus from VG/PT because they are "bad". Lulz.

Where was all this outrage when DK's were stupid OP in WoW? You were too busy claiming to have skill while playing one.
Akil'zon: 55 Combat Medic: <The Elite>
Skylarc: 55 Defense Guardian: <The Elite>
Akil'zen: Marksmanship Sniper: <We got death star>

TheronFett
04.19.2013 , 11:22 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Skylarc View Post
This is the "Rise of the Hutt Cartel" Expansion? Introduce a Hutt sanctioned arena. Not just teams fighting teams, but an arena where OTHER people can watch live... Maybe even place bets on the winners??? I would fully back that and can just imagine if they implemented it how many people would enjoy sitting on Nar Shaddah or whatever to root people on.
I like the idea, so why not start a fight club on your server? Sanctioned tournaments w/ payouts, betting, bribing players to take a dive...all sounds like a fun metagame.

Because let's just be honest here. BioWare will **** it up. Player-driven content = best content. Use the pit on Tatooine, or find some other cool place to have the tournaments. Some of those platform areas of Makeb would be cool, especially near falling or lava hazards.

Skylarc
04.19.2013 , 11:29 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
I like the idea, so why not start a fight club on your server? Sanctioned tournaments w/ payouts, betting, bribing players to take a dive...all sounds like a fun metagame.

Because let's just be honest here. BioWare will **** it up. Player-driven content = best content. Use the pit on Tatooine, or find some other cool place to have the tournaments. Some of those platform areas of Makeb would be cool, especially near falling or lava hazards.
We already do. The Bastion had a massive 2v2 tournament that spanned a month or two. BW would be able to create venues for it. I like the idea of Nar Shaddah kind of like a boxing match in Vegas. Complete with seating and a scoreboard. If you ever played the first KOTOR, the deathmatches on Taris were what I was thinking along the lines of.
Akil'zon: 55 Combat Medic: <The Elite>
Skylarc: 55 Defense Guardian: <The Elite>
Akil'zen: Marksmanship Sniper: <We got death star>

Mikeieveli
04.19.2013 , 12:33 PM | #25
NO. not just a "no" but a HELL NO. The reason why classes can be balanced, is because they are balanced around an 8 man team, same with PvE. In that other POS game that has arenas, devs said themselves they regret implementing it because they could not correctly class balance. Classes and games are not meant be balanced around 2v2, 1v1, 3v3, etc. What ends up happening is in order to balance you get homogenization of classes, which makes for a total waste and boring game. In theory arena sounds great, but in practice it will f*** up PvP.
Durkheimedes: Fear the Purple and Gold
Hoth Ski Patrol
Pot5

Xanas
04.19.2013 , 12:35 PM | #26
This is needed for PVP do a 3vs3 and a 4vs4. Best thing that happened to wow... The thing that keeps the PVP community there. This would be a GREAT and I mean insane great + to the game.

skullkandy
04.19.2013 , 12:40 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
This again?

No. Go back to WoW.
Yeah! go back to wow, just like anyone who wants skill bars, cause that's a wow thing too, or minimap. God these WoW newbs.

seriously, the wow argument is the most bs thing said on any forum at any time by children who don't have anything worth saying. Just because something is in WoW doesn't mean blizzard did it first, or that a good idea should be crapped all over because wow has it too.

Elboc
04.19.2013 , 12:48 PM | #28
A this point, I would take any new PvP content and be happy. But I would especially like to see a solo ranked queue. As far as arena, I wouldn't be opposed at all. I like arena. Balance is never going to be perfect anyway.
Jt - Level 55 Mercenary - Rank 75 Valor
"Agent" Smth - Level 50 Sniper - Valor Rank 97
***The Untold Legacy*** The Bastion Server -"Founder"

brutall
04.19.2013 , 12:49 PM | #29
i would love arena!

Xanas
04.19.2013 , 01:00 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
Oh please, it has absolutely nothing to do with health pools, and everything to do with the fact that smaller teams magnify balance discrepancies.

You think a 'balanced' team would last 2 minutes against 3 stacked stealthers? I beg to disagree. Leave it to WoW (who regrets implementing it).
Considering the money they made out of it I don't think so. Its hard to balance and what not but it keeps PVP alive like hell.