Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP ARENA ?!

DanielKolstad
04.19.2013 , 08:29 AM | #1
What do you guys think about they put ARENA in SWTOR ?
Please put PvP Arena in swtor, do it!

Any 1 who now if it realy gonna happen?

Jherad
04.19.2013 , 08:32 AM | #2
No, It wouldn't be a good idea with class balance as is, and no BW aren't going to implement anything PvP related that costs them any money. Heck, we're still waiting on cross server warzones, and ranked season 1.
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

DanielKolstad
04.19.2013 , 08:34 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
No, It wouldn't be a good idea with class balance as is, and no BW aren't going to implement anything PvP related that costs them any money. Heck, we're still waiting on cross server warzones, and ranked season 1.
It would be amasing! Then people will try to get better gear and much more players will be starting playing again.

Jherad
04.19.2013 , 08:39 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielKolstad View Post
It would be amasing! Then people will try to get better gear and much more players will be starting playing again.
What? How would completely unbalanced arenas be any different than warzones with regards people trying to get better gear?
Youtube / Twitch

DanielKolstad
04.19.2013 , 08:41 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
What? How would completely unbalanced arenas be any different than warzones with regards people trying to get better gear?
unbalanced? Its pretty balanced i think

A team without healers is losing. Thats how it is.

Jherad
04.19.2013 , 08:50 AM | #6
What class do you play?

Edit: Forget it, too much effort to argue, but suffice it to say that in any small scale PvP the dueling classes will dominate. So 2 sins and an operative or whatever will pretty much wipe the floor with everyone. Besides, see my second point about cost. Not going to happen.
Youtube / Twitch

Ycoga
04.19.2013 , 09:01 AM | #7
You mean like Outlaws Den?
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasnĺt fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

chimex
04.19.2013 , 09:02 AM | #8
No, Arenas in "that other game" have pretty much been a major regret for the developers. The class balancing issues are too severe for small scale arena to warrant adding into the game.

Article here
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

BardaTheHobo
04.19.2013 , 09:09 AM | #9
Would you care to explain what an arena is? Is it a small pvp location without any terrain advantages/los? You pitch an idea for something but never explain what it is. So i don't know if I support it or not since you never explained what it is, but as someone else mentioned cross-server warzones should come first, in my opinion.
Basing from what other folks have said I'm guessing its under 8man team fights or 1v1?
BardaTheHob˘ -Marksman | Burda - Vengeance | Happyhobo - Bodyguard <WooK>
BardaTheHobo - Sharpshooter | BaradaTheHobo- Scrapper | SuperHobo - Tactics <WoK>
The Harbinger | The Hobo Legacy
"Butů it was so artistically done." - Grand Admiral Thrawn

Skylarc
04.19.2013 , 09:18 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielKolstad View Post
unbalanced? Its pretty balanced i think

A team without healers is losing. Thats how it is.
People claim imbalance when the health pools are so low that they get 2 shot. Sorcs are on the line of too powerful but now that myself and my mates are getting health pools of 28-32k(38k for the tank), it is much more balanced.

Arena has been a hot topic since release. BW has already addressed it several times, including the first Guild Summit. They wanted to let ToR develop and allow a base to be established before it could be effectively turned for arena and an E-sport. That was the gist of what I read, though that was a while ago.

I actually think 3v3 arena would be really interesting. To see Tank/healer/DPS teams going against trip-DPS gib teams... Can't wait to twitch those videos
Akil'zon: 55 Combat Medic: <The Elite>
Skylarc: 55 Defense Guardian: <The Elite>
Akil'zen: Marksmanship Sniper: <We got death star>