Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why the post-ROTJ era sucks!

ZahirS
04.26.2013 , 08:18 PM | #41
Yep I would like to see everything in the EU, retconned by dinsney would definetly do star wars a favor.

Ventessel
04.27.2013 , 01:22 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Seireeni View Post
Actually, when asked on his facebook page, Timothy Zahn decided to follow this "trend" and said that he didn't think Thrawn was evil. As he is the creator of Thrawn's character, and the deeds Thrawn seems to be doing in his books don't seem horribly evil to me, it's completely justified to say that Thrawn wasn't all that evil.
Just because he's the creator of the character doesn't mean he can define that character's morality arbitrarily. He can portray the character's perspective, and provide clarification, but at the end of the day, all he can say is that Thrawn didn't think he was evil which is a far cry from actually not being evil.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

AlexDougherty
04.27.2013 , 03:49 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Ventessel View Post
Just because he's the creator of the character doesn't mean he can define that character's morality arbitrarily. He can portray the character's perspective, and provide clarification, but at the end of the day, all he can say is that Thrawn didn't think he was evil which is a far cry from actually not being evil.
Exactly, just because he can justify it to himself doesn't diminish the evil he has committed, at the end of the day he has committed heinous war crimes. Just remember all war criminals think they are doing right by their code, it does not excuse them, nor does it not excuse Thrawn, or any other Imperial. This does not mean they can't redeam themselves though, this is always a strong theme in Star Wars.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Seireeni
04.27.2013 , 04:44 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Ventessel View Post
As the creator of the character, he has also created Thrawn's personality, and in his books, I don't see Thrawn commiting too many genocides or other stuff people are blaming him from. So, these deeds will a. have to have really good explanation or b. they are simply out of character.

It's funny how people say that imperials are all bad but can redeem themselves. The rebels slaughtered a lot of imperials. When will they redeem themselves?