Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Bounty Hunter and Trooper Class Changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Bounty Hunter and Trooper Class Changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ManiacDavis
04.18.2013 , 01:55 PM | #11
Commando is still a bad RDPS class for the hardcore rated community. Snipers can do everything we do, but better.
Man-iac - The Only Commando Left Standing
http://www.twitch.tv/rrmaniac

SpaniardInfinity
04.18.2013 , 02:13 PM | #12
I'd say Shield and Gunnery have been success stories for PvP (and PvE I reckon) for 2.0. Combat Medic had some welcome changes, particularly in PvE. I suspect there will still be a gap between Combat Medics and Seers/Sawbones in PvP, especially at higher levels of play. The reduction to their survivability (less healing done, healing received, and damage reduction) seems to contradict this developer update. It sounds like Assault was the loser of this patch, but I do not play one so I will leave it at that. Tactics seems to still be a limited DPS that doesn't pose a significant threat, but there are very few so its hard to tell if they've been changed at all.
Aux "Spaniard" Wargarde (Rank 2400+ Combat Medic) | Reighner the Relentless (Conqueror Bodyguard)
The Generalissimo Legacy
<Uncensored>

PariahMessiah
04.18.2013 , 02:20 PM | #13
And the proof they don't know how to play their own game continues to roll in.

Elfa
04.18.2013 , 02:22 PM | #14
Increase the radius of Death From Above. The Merc hasn't been the same since you nerfed it. Seriously, give the Merc some love here.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Calm down, I'd hardly call that whining. He just asked a question. Go have a coffee and calm down. Jeepers.
Lunafox nailed it. This is correct.

Glower
04.18.2013 , 02:29 PM | #15
Please, buff mercs a little bit more!
At least buff mercs healers...
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Phorenzyk
04.18.2013 , 02:31 PM | #16
"Please keep in mind that we are always looking at class balance so let us know how you like the changes we have made. "

I guess that's why the constant complaint that you've gutted powertech/vanguard DPS has gone ignored, right?

Not to mention the travesty of AP. It was already below average, but now you've just knocked it down another few notches... When are we going to see AP/pyro brought back up to par? Yeah, it needed a nerf, but it didn't need to be dragged down an alley, mugged, and left for dead.

"For 2.0, we wanted to make sure Shield Tech’s active abilities were very attractive. Both Oil Slick and Heat Blast have been overhauled to be more universally awesome. We also wanted to boost up Shield Tech’s utility and group support by way of giving them some area denial and area slows."

That's all well and good for PVP, but at this point we're the least useful tank in PVE.

25% damage reduction? Juggs can go to 40%.
Heavy armor? Juggs have that too.
Pull? Sins have that.
AOE that lowers damage dealt? Sins have that.
Leap? Juggs have that.
Hydraulic Overrides? Sure, I guess that's neat...except for Juggs getting a speed boost when guarded targets are attacked. And except for Sins having Force Speed.

What do powertech/vanguard tanks have that's the equivalent of Force Shroud, Saber Reflect?

When you have 2 spots and one of each tank, what reason is there to pick the Powertech over the Assassin/Juggernaut? We can't leap to friendlies to lower the damage they take. We can't put a big glowy circle on the ground that increases healer output. We can't dump cooldowns to make ourselves nigh-invincible. So what's the attraction?

ReclaimerDonar
04.18.2013 , 02:46 PM | #17
Well done BioWare, you have literaly destroyed this class. And not to mention you havent even mentioned why you made choices you made in Tactics, Assault trees, like you did in blogs abount agent/smuggler, knight/warrior.

A smaller nerf would do fine, but not this, 50% off plasma cell, plastique is crap now, burst is gone etc.

Look at smash, that is something that should be nerfed, but I suppose, you are not capable of doing that.

ManiacDavis
04.18.2013 , 03:32 PM | #18
Bioware hates troopers and mercs because they don't have shiny boomsticks. I primarily play Commando DPS in PvP and the burst and utility of a sniper is unparalleled.

Sniper
-Flashbang: Instant AOE stun (Awesome for pretty much every wz and the commando one is a 2 second cast)
-Hunker Down (Uninterruptable and Unstunnable)(Hold the line is nowhere close to this)
-Scamper (can roll where ever they want) see this vid for more details http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfLBm...ature=youtu.be

PLUS the sniper has every ability the Commando has
-AOE pushback
-one hard cc (dirty kick/cryo)
-Sniper Burst DMG is pretty much the same.

The Only Differentiation is
-Electro Net: a mediocre slow that prevents certain abilities for nine seconds. If this was an AOE it may be more viable, but it isn't.

Now knowing that the sniper brings the same burst DPS AND 3 additional abilities to the playing field, why in the world would you ever bring a commando DPS in rated PvP?
Man-iac - The Only Commando Left Standing
http://www.twitch.tv/rrmaniac

brutall
04.18.2013 , 03:50 PM | #19
i like the changes i love gunnery inn pvp now. and healing is and feels a litle weak compered to sage. i got both . but i can live with it love kolto pads!

Master-Nala
04.18.2013 , 03:58 PM | #20
Quote:
Plasma Cell: Now deals less damage but has a higher chance to be triggered.
Really, disappointed that there was no explanation for this nerf. Couple of comments:

1) The damage appears to be halved. What is the justification for that?

2) The additional chance to trigger is irrelevant because the tree that uses Plasma Cell has ways to trigger the DoT on demand.

Nerfs happen, that's a given in MMOs. But taking the time to explain your reasoning helps soften the blow.