Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I want a 30 second Force speed with no cooldown.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
I want a 30 second Force speed with no cooldown.

SOULCASTER
04.18.2013 , 12:17 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaizersan View Post
No I have but one person getting too far ahead in huttball is only going to get them killed since rolling can be counter by stuns roots pulls and electro net.
No, it wont. Not on a class with cloaking ability, dodges, and an area-stun at their disposal. Thats not even getting into the fact that he can then pass the ball, or have the other 7 guys on his team guard him, pull him, taunt, kill the other team etc etc.

There is no need to continue a hypothetical argument of the roll being used in warzones. Go play huttball against some rollers who know how to do objectives warzones. The ability is stupid OP right now.

I'm not saying it needs to be deleted from the game, im saying it needs a cooldown.
Pot5 & now the Shadowlands
Live Stream @ twitch.tv/CidxPvP
www.WeaponsOfWarGuild.enjin.com
(5x) Season 1 All-Star Season 2 All-Star Season 3 Furious All-Star

chimex
04.18.2013 , 12:24 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by SOULCASTER View Post
Since people keep claiming the defense of this new OP-as-heck-ability is that: it has high energy cost....

I will continue posting, that this is not a valid argument on a class that has the least action management issues of all the advanced class. A class that also gets an action replenish ability. As well as a class that gets a cloak ability that they then can stun opponents and/or hide and re-generate action.

I'm sorry but 25 stamina is not a high action cost amount considering smuggler/scoundrel's action regen rates.

ALSO, this ability **IS** op. There are plenty of times where action is not an issue, but traversing terrain at ludicrous speeds faster than entire groups of players in objective based warzones, is game breaking. You only need to do 1 huttball match against an operative/scoundrel roller to know what I'm talking about.

Action cost does not matter in some situations of objective warzones, where all you have to do is score, and then dying is ok. As long as objective based warzones are the prime source of pvp content, this ability will remain OP if it does not have a cooldown.
Here's the thing, Scamper costs a scoundrel 25 energy out of a pool of 100. I don't need ot tell you, that's 4 Scampers in total before the player needs to gain energy once again. While force speed does has a cooldown, it has no cost to resources. Force Speed is a free ability, while Scamper is not!

It has a 12m reach (which is pretty good tbh) so obviously, that's a 48m range. That's not quite enough to get to the middle (even in a straight line across the acid pit) but granted, it certainately gives it a good shot. So, the scoundrel has the ball, who is she going to pass to? All friendly players are out of range AND out of line of sight!

Also, when slowed, scamper range is reduced from 12m to 6m. Any player worth their salt will use a slowing ability on that scoundrel. They would be foolish for not doing so! Of course, this helps control the scoundrel. Do they use their breaker, or do they save it for something more drastic? After all, this one trick is now crippled by half (and at 1/4 of resource pool, who wants to use it!)

Then of course, force leap has a rooting ability in the combat spec for Sents. Not to mention, snipers heavy long range attacks. Remember, that scoundrel is in the middle on her own here, none of her team mates are in a possition to help. By all means, she has the ball, but as the huttball commentator says "Rotworms have the ball, but for how long?" she would be dead when the entire ranged/leapers of your team cut her into deli meat!

Edit: As for cloaking ability they cannot cloak with the ball (or they loose it) also, any DoT burns their cloak.
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

Zican
04.18.2013 , 12:26 PM | #23
No, it wont. Not on a class with cloaking ability, dodges, and an area-stun at their disposal. Thats not even getting into the fact that he can then pass the ball, or have the other 7 guys on his team guard him, pull him, taunt, kill the other team etc etc.

There is no need to continue a hypothetical argument of the roll being used in warzones. Go play huttball against some rollers who know how to do objectives warzones. The ability is stupid OP right now.

I'm not saying it needs to be deleted from the game, im saying it needs a cooldown.
I just did a few huttball on my 51 OP and the roll is retarded OP in it. Yeah, it can be countered, but to do so requires a lot more than countering any other runner. If the enemy didn't have a pull off of cooldown it was pretty much a guaranteed score for me. I could skip over fire pits and even blockades of enemy players with ease.

mrekxxx
04.18.2013 , 12:27 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Zican View Post
I just to a few huttball on my 51 OP and the roll is retarded OP in it. Yeah, it can be countered, but to do so requires a lot more than countering any other runner. If the enemy didn't have a pull off of cooldown it was pretty much a guaranteed score for me. I could skip over fire pits and even blockades of enemy players with ease.
just buff smash marauders and pyros and operative roll would be ok

Kaizersan
04.18.2013 , 12:29 PM | #25

Nope it isn't just people don't know how to counter it because most people didn't bother playing it on the PTS your stealth can easily be counter by the correct positioning of a covered sniper or gunslinger which could easily root you and expose you.

chimex
04.18.2013 , 12:41 PM | #26
Sentinel in Combat spec: Ataru form with Defensive forms (gives a constant 15% movement buff). Leap + Cauterize (DoT to stop cloaking, although they shouldn't cloak when carrying the ball!). Problem solved.

Valorous call + Transcendence (entire team +50% movement speed!) when gate opens. F*** me, that was difficult!

Sorcerer: Force Speed, Crushing Darkness and Force Slow. Wow, that was hard to pull off!!!

Sniper: Plasma Probe at 30m range (AoE over 18 seconds, with slowing effect), phew, difficult one there.

I could go on, but you get the picture. A Scampering Scoundrel is very easy to counter.
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

Master_Nate
04.18.2013 , 12:42 PM | #27

As an Operative player, I don't really care to have this ability available to me. I'll use it and will get to the huttball quicker than my team but I really do not enjoy doing so. It's not what I think my role should be and t it doesn't really make sense for me to be doing this. I know that it is becoming expected of me, just like a marauder using predation at the beginning of most maps. The thing is, it's not the same as predation. Predation doesn't leave the marauder vulnerable to a certain destruction. Depleting my energy sets me up for failure. I see a lot of Operatives really enjoying this ability, I guess I am just the odd one out. I'm all for a gap closers but not with the ability to be abused in the objective based race of a warzone.

Unfortunately, as an operative I feel it is now EXPECTED of me to fill this position when huttball comes up. Sure, I don't have to and yeah first possession doesn't always mean that it is game over but as a competitive player, I feel obligated to have to do this and it just feels counter productive to what I feel my role is in PvP. I don't picture myself, as an operative, being a front man.

I'd like to see the ability reworked myself. 12m with no cool down seems overkill for me and I find myself over shooting where I really even want to be when I use it as a gap closer. The ability is okay but it feels extremely clunky and I think it could have been implemented a lot better. It could work like consumption and penalize the spamming of it. For example, use it once, no problem....use it a second time within 3-5 seconds, it goes on a small cool down and uses more energy...use it again and the next cooldown is longer and more energy is consumed until the debuff falls off you...and so on.

What people say is right and I hate putting down a new ability for my class of choice but I too think this ability pretty strong. To those who act like it's a gift from his holiness, I wouldn't go that far. Again, as an operative I enjoy the addition of a gap closer but not like the one we got. I'll take the additional ability but would like it to be for me and more controllable and not for my team like in the huttball scenario.

Also, when people say "it depletes" your energy, they aren't kidding. Unfortunately, I'm freakin useless when I spam to get that huttball, but that is what I feel MUST be done now to help my team win and that I don't like. I have to deplete my resource to have a competitive chance at getting the ball for my team? I'd prefer not to have it with this mentality.

I'm sure a lot of operatives would disagree with me and that is okay. I'm not trying to say it's OP or that that it's fine as is, I'm just saying for me personally, I don't care for it but basically have to use it because even if I hate rolling to the objectives, the opposing team probably has someone who doesn't and therefore will.
IMPERIAL AGENT
Nodo/Yonder
Lobsters go PEENCH PEENCH
Prophecy of the Five

translucentwolf
04.18.2013 , 12:45 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Djed View Post
I have yet to level my Smuggler or Agent above 51 so I'm not sure what kind of ludicrous skill you have given them.
What it looks like in WZ's is that you have given them an unlimited force speed like thing that also hops over my screen making them almost impossible to target.

This is a game breaking bug, and in the early days you promised game breaking bugs would get highest priority. You either give that skill the same cooldown as Force Speed in an emergancy patch or you will again start losing subscribers.

To cross the field in Huttball in 5 sec is not a pleasent experience for either teammates or opponents.

But if your intent was to get nothing but Smugglers and Agents in WZ's I apologize and give you kudos. Mission accomplished!
If your sub is the one that's lost... No. Great. Loss.
That which does not kill you merely postpones the inevitable.

PerinnAybara
04.18.2013 , 12:46 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by chimex View Post
Sentinel in Combat spec: Ataru form with Defensive forms (gives a constant 15% movement buff). Leap + Cauterize (DoT to stop cloaking, although they shouldn't cloak when carrying the ball!). Problem solved.

Valorous call + Transcendence (entire team +50% movement speed!) when gate opens. F*** me, that was difficult!

Sorcerer: Force Speed, Crushing Darkness and Force Slow. Wow, that was hard to pull off!!!

Sniper: Plasma Probe at 30m range (AoE over 18 seconds, with slowing effect), phew, difficult one there. Isn't that cleansable?

I could go on, but you get the picture. A Scampering Scoundrel is very easy to counter.
And it's not like a scoundrel wouldn't benefit from the transcendence on top of scamper.

Also, Mercenary go!!! The fact that my only slows are a knockback and unload kinda make it hard to keep a slow on an operative. Since the operative can cleanse both. Electronet is on a 90 second cooldown to a 0 second cooldown.

Pretty hard to chase down an operative.
Character: Mathrim Cauthon, 50 Mercenary on Prophecy of the Five

mrekxxx
04.18.2013 , 12:46 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by KettleBelll View Post
I want a PvE bolster for when I do operations!
stop posting stupid things and be serious