Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Star Wars movie every summer starting 2015

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
New Star Wars movie every summer starting 2015

LadyKulvax
04.18.2013 , 12:28 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Is that a guestimation? Or actual fact? Personally I'm not to keen on multiple trilogies but we'll see...
They stated it themselves.
"The Empire is war made manifest. That is why it is perfect."
Imperial Order

Beniboybling
04.18.2013 , 12:31 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
They stated it themselves.
I'm pretty sure a fourth trilogy has not been confirmed.

EDIT: Managed to find a single rumor circulating around the web that a there will be fourth trilogy revolving around Darth Vader between ROTS and ANH - but is a rumor, and a pretty flimsy one.

LadyKulvax
04.18.2013 , 01:50 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I'm pretty sure a fourth trilogy has not been confirmed.

EDIT: Managed to find a single rumor circulating around the web that a there will be fourth trilogy revolving around Darth Vader between ROTS and ANH - but is a rumor, and a pretty flimsy one.
IIRC in their very first statement of the big announcement they said there would be another trilogy every five years.
"The Empire is war made manifest. That is why it is perfect."
Imperial Order

Doctoglethorpe
04.18.2013 , 09:37 PM | #14
Oh NOW people are catching on to the reality of the situation. Hah.

As a person who thinks the Marvel movies are mediocre distractions at best (and downright terrible at times, actually quite often) I've been worried since day one. They aren't laughably bad like the SW PT, mostly because the source materiel is inherently corny so the movies are only rightfully so unlike SW, but just barely.

ZahirS
04.18.2013 , 10:11 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
Leave it to Disney to rape, damage, then whore out Star Wars.
Not really, Disney is a company that does take care of the brands it buys and uses the resources to make quality stuff, I doubt your judgement

Ep VII, VIII and IX will be awesome, possibly what every star wars fan is looking for.

Kahotep
04.18.2013 , 11:29 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
Leave it to Disney to rape, damage, then whore out Star Wars.
If by "damage" you mean, "make it more popular than ever and open it up to an audience far wider than its core fanbase, like they did with Marvel", then yes.

Kahotep
04.18.2013 , 11:34 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Doctoglethorpe View Post
Oh NOW people are catching on to the reality of the situation. Hah.

As a person who thinks the Marvel movies are mediocre distractions at best (and downright terrible at times, actually quite often) I've been worried since day one. They aren't laughably bad like the SW PT, mostly because the source materiel is inherently corny so the movies are only rightfully so unlike SW, but just barely.
I think you're very much in the minority there. The Avengers is the third highest grossing film of all time. Somebody clearly liked it.

zzoorrzz
04.18.2013 , 11:54 PM | #18
You can't do something like that in quality if u don't spend a couple of years preparing, like Peter Jackson did before he started doing LotR. So I don't like it. It's possible it will be only brainless blockbusters and not real SW movies.

TheBBP
04.19.2013 , 12:19 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by zzoorrzz View Post
You can't do something like that in quality if u don't spend a couple of years preparing, like Peter Jackson did before he started doing LotR. So I don't like it. It's possible it will be only brainless blockbusters and not real SW movies.
You are assuming that there has been no planning. I personally think that is a foolish assumption. I think that this next trilogy has been in the works, one way or another, for quite a while and would have happened with or without Disney.
REPUBLIC TROOPERS
Crosswire - Heavy GunnerElíta-one - Combat Medic
Canonball - Pointman

Ebon Hawk

zzoorrzz
04.19.2013 , 12:20 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
You are assuming that there has been no planning. I personally think that is a foolish assumption. I think that this next trilogy has been in the works, one way or another, for quite a while and would have happened with or without Disney.
That's ok, I just hope comparing to marvel movies in this thread is going be proved wrong, since I find very few of them interesting in any way.