Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A serious issue for a PvP Die-Hard.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
A serious issue for a PvP Die-Hard.

scraycroft
04.18.2013 , 09:43 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Scotland View Post
Those crew skills are open to all aspects of the game NOT just pvp.

So again it comes down to PVE getting more rewards than PVP. Like i said, go do an hours worth of PVE with running crew skills (If you want) then do an hours worth of PVP, compare the difference and then come back here and tell me it's a fair deal.

/cheers
Yeah but in PvE your gear is getting damaged as well as your companion so there are costs associated with fighting in the open world. In PvP you suffer no penalties to your gear when you die, nor does it become damaged. I know while leveling in Makeb my trash drops I sold roughly broke even with my repair costs. With crew skills and using my extra comms on credit boxes I never have a problem with money.

I also hate PvE, just playing devil's advocate here.
Malystriz PuffinStuff
The Bastion
Quote: Originally Posted by ChewyYui View Post
They added alacrity to the gear so you can taunt things faster and accuracy is there so the fast taunts don't miss, fly off and taunt a tree or something.

Pistols
04.18.2013 , 09:53 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by scraycroft View Post
Yeah but in PvE your gear is getting damaged as well as your companion so there are costs associated with fighting in the open world. In PvP you suffer no penalties to your gear when you die, nor does it become damaged. I know while leveling in Makeb my trash drops I sold roughly broke even with my repair costs. With crew skills and using my extra comms on credit boxes I never have a problem with money.

I also hate PvE, just playing devil's advocate here.
The costs of repairing gear compared to what you're earning is not even worth mentioning tbh.

However, remove the companion from the equation, and grab a 4 man group (just like a 4 man premade for WZ's)...and the damage is even more irrelevant. Point is, you could do maybe 4-5 WZ's in 1 hour (start to finish), and make a sad amount of credits. You could do a crap ton of quests/dailies/etc via PvE in 1 hour, and make a boat load. For those who use PvP as their only end game content, with prices out of control for augments, ripping out mods, etc...it's not even optimal to only PvP to keep current on progressing. I've bitten the bullet and started doing quests/dailies, but I'd much rather get an honest pay for my end game content much like those who PvE for theirs.

Capt_Beers
04.18.2013 , 11:02 AM | #23
It's a pretty clear disparity. LEt's break it down:

- At the end of a WZ I get like 5-6k creds. A WZ takes about 15-20 mins unless you get rolled/roll the other team in HB.

- At the end of a daily you can get 7-11k. One daily takes about 5 minutes. Secton X dailies take longer but they pay more and are more group oriented anyway.

- The BH dailies can net you around 70-90k. A 4 man group can have all of them including the Heroic done in about 20-30 mins. I did all the dailies in BH minus the heroic the other day on my Vanguard solo w/ no companion in 20 mins.

- The PvP daily can take an hour to an hour and a half if you lose all 4 WZ's (it happens, I PUG a lot. My baller *** guildmates are off sending Soa to yet another untimely end while I be a wall ornament on the fleet). The daily gives you 10k.

- There is like a million PvE dailies. There are daily area quests, FP dailies, Op dailies and all of them have a weekly as well.

- We got 2. Sort of. I can't do the weekly on my Commando since 2.0 dropped.

I am not going to include crafting or crew skills or whatever in to this argument becasue to em those exist outside of a PvE/PvP designation. No matter what you do you can do those so it doesn't factor in to why PvE players have more creds. Gear damage is negligible. If you are dying doing dailies you deserve to pay for it. I am not going to factor in buying CC crap and selling it either. I have no use for cartel packs so I don't buy them. I'd rather spend my monthly coins on Legacy perks I can't afford otherwise because I'm a broke PvPer.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

Moriganno
04.18.2013 , 11:10 AM | #24
As a Hardcore PvPer, Why did the OP not Reverse Engineer his Armorings/Mods for Molecular stabs back in 1.7 and made tons of credits? As a hardcore PvPer, you should be using cybertech grenades, so you should have Cybertech crew skill.

Capt_Beers
04.18.2013 , 11:49 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Moriganno View Post
As a Hardcore PvPer, Why did the OP not Reverse Engineer his Armorings/Mods for Molecular stabs back in 1.7 and made tons of credits? As a hardcore PvPer, you should be using cybertech grenades, so you should have Cybertech crew skill.
This sin't helping. Saying "You can make creds by PvPing! Just stop PVPing for a second and head to the GTN and sell mats/stabs/your body blah blah blah." These options are available to any player, even the weirdos that do space mission(I kid). The probelm is that when PvPers do these other people are doing them as well. Except PvPers are being paid minimum wage in WZ's and PvE'ers are making a fortune in half the time.

So far everyone in this thread has said you can make credits by being a PvPer by doing things that aren't PvP. I want to make a satisfactory amount of credits (I don't need to be rich, but when I want an aug or mat or something on the GTN I shouldn't sigh and load into Corellia) playing the game.

I'm going to define playing the game as "Using my characters abilities and talents to defeat an opponent (Computer controlled or Player controlled) and achieve a goal." If you can please show me a way to earn a fair (fair being relative to how much PvE players earn for their time) amount of credits doing that by doing PvP it would be great.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

Spoletta
04.18.2013 , 12:00 PM | #26
Let's not go OT.

The OP asked for a way to make enough money to pvp without ever being engaged in pve.
Since companions work with 0 player assistance that is a sure way to make money without ever touching pve.
Sure pve players are advantaged credit wise, but that's not what we are discussing (and pve players need more creds to whipe in ops).

translucentwolf
04.18.2013 , 12:53 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Smackethdown View Post
I do not ever have enough credits. Plain and simple.
Learn To Play

The game has several mechanisms in place, for making credits. You may want to consider using one or more of them.
That which does not kill you merely postpones the inevitable.

Scotland
04.18.2013 , 12:56 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by translucentwolf View Post
Learn To Play

The game has several mechanisms in place, for making credits. You may want to consider using one or more of them.
Nah, cheers tho.
Albā Anaigh
Albå - AlbaGuBra - Albā - Albagų
> Real stars burn out, superstars burn forever. <

Scotland
04.18.2013 , 12:57 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Spoletta View Post
Let's not go OT.

The OP asked for a way to make enough money to pvp without ever being engaged in pve.
Since companions work with 0 player assistance that is a sure way to make money without ever touching pve.
Sure pve players are advantaged credit wise, but that's not what we are discussing (and pve players need more creds to whipe in ops).
lolnah?
Albā Anaigh
Albå - AlbaGuBra - Albā - Albagų
> Real stars burn out, superstars burn forever. <

Pistols
04.18.2013 , 12:57 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by translucentwolf View Post
Learn To Play

I like reading "stop forcing PvP on us"...now I get to use "stop forcing PvE on us".

Cool.