Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Theory on the Emperor's Fate [SPOILERS]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Theory on the Emperor's Fate [SPOILERS]

XCoOKiExMoNSteRX
05.26.2013 , 04:18 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
The biggest issue for me is the species.

Remember when we met the Emperor at the Act 2 finale he had a mask on? I'd bet the farm he was Pureblood underneath that mask.

The npc we kill at the end of Act 3 is a human, Dark V but still human. So basically... the species is wrong.
In the book Revan the emperor was a pureblood but he was supposedly so strong in the dark side that he became an entirely different species

Lodril
05.26.2013 , 05:16 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
The biggest issue for me is the species.

Remember when we met the Emperor at the Act 2 finale he had a mask on? I'd bet the farm he was Pureblood underneath that mask.

The npc we kill at the end of Act 3 is a human, Dark V but still human. So basically... the species is wrong.
I don't recall the NPC at the end of Act 3 clearly enough to make specific analysis of his features, but since it's relevant generally, I thought I'd note that I played out a Sith Pureblood character in the game who started with orange skin and no face tendrils. I went purely with dark side options and by Dark Side level V, the character's species was nearly indistinguishable from human. It's entirely possible that, thanks to Dark Side corruption, the Emperor might have lost the signature hue of his skin that would have made him more obviously pure Sith.

Jemfisto
05.28.2013 , 05:34 PM | #63
I really hope the next expansion adds closure to Revan and Vitiates story, or at least puts us on the path to it, as both of their deaths have been quite ambiguous.

JediArchives
05.29.2013 , 02:43 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Lodril View Post
I don't recall the NPC at the end of Act 3 clearly enough to make specific analysis of his features, but since it's relevant generally, I thought I'd note that I played out a Sith Pureblood character in the game who started with orange skin and no face tendrils. I went purely with dark side options and by Dark Side level V, the character's species was nearly indistinguishable from human. It's entirely possible that, thanks to Dark Side corruption, the Emperor might have lost the signature hue of his skin that would have made him more obviously pure Sith.
Yes you're right, the Revan book already states this. The Emperor is NO LONGER a Pureblood. "His power and immortality had transformed him into a being unique in the galaxy."
Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.
- T Paine

BradTheImpaler
05.29.2013 , 05:50 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by JediArchives View Post
Yes you're right, the Revan book already states this. The Emperor is NO LONGER a Pureblood. "His power and immortality had transformed him into a being unique in the galaxy."
"One cannot have power of that magnitude and still think and perceive the universe as we do."
If the source of his power is comparable to that of Nihilus (except by ritual instead of by instinct), then you could say he's not a pureblood because he's something beyond that. In fact Darth Marr says something to the effect that he exists beyond a physical form, and the way he said this suggested that the Emperor 'could' return, though not for a long time.

It's possible he pulled a Stalin and faked his death just to see who would try to seize his throne, only to resurface and conduct another purge. So, if the Emperor does return, then Marr's in for a rough time!
In the Imperial Army, it takes more courage to retreat than to advance.

Beniboybling
07.20.2013 , 09:33 AM | #66
I thought I would just bump this thread as I happened to come across the TORWars podcast which I was unable to find when I created this thread. TORWars asked the Lead Writer at BioWare what the Emperor's fate was and Hall Hood confirms that the Emperor's body did in fact die after being defeated by the Jedi Knight.

To listen to the full podcast, click here. Skip to 27.00 to here about the Emperor.

Any feedback/thoughts are welcome!

Darth_Wicked
07.20.2013 , 10:44 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I thought I would just bump this thread as I happened to come across the TORWars podcast which I was unable to find when I created this thread. TORWars asked the Lead Writer at BioWare what the Emperor's fate was and Hall Hood confirms that the Emperor's body did in fact die after being defeated by the Jedi Knight.

To listen to the full podcast, click here. Skip to 27.00 to here about the Emperor.

Any feedback/thoughts are welcome!
As shown in the other thread, there's this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcMb3fnR7RM#t=0m55s

And this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9VZ9xqWoQg#t=2m13s

Not thoughts or ideas at all but rather FACTS.
( Let another claim the throne. My place is on the battlefield. )
-- Darth Marr

Beniboybling
07.20.2013 , 10:59 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
As shown in the other thread, there's this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcMb3fnR7RM#t=0m55s

And this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9VZ9xqWoQg#t=2m13s

Not thoughts or ideas at all but rather FACTS.
You've misinterpreted my argument here, I am not arguing that the Emperor is completely and totally dead, but has experienced a total bodily death. I wholeheartedly agree that the Emperor likely still exists in a spiritual form and his fate is uncertain. If anything this only supports the notion that the Voice's were not telling the truth, else the Emperor's fate would not be uncertain. Further thoughts on the matter:

"...But like I said, he goes on to say, or at least hints, that the Emperor lives on in some sort of spiritual form. And hints that he may return. He also mentions something else interesting; he implies that this isn't the first time the Emperor's body has died. So perhaps whilst being the Emperor, it was the 2nd, 3rd or even 4th incarnation of him. Hence him not being Sith or some sort of hybrid like he is presented in Revan. Personally, Id like to see the Emperor return in another update the option is has certainly been left open. And Vitiate wouldn't be the first Sith to escape from Chaos..."

The idea that the Emperor has not in-fact experienced a bodily death however, and that the body destroyed by the JK was simply another Voice seems to be contradicted by Hall Hood's words.

But perhaps there is room for interpretation. Perhaps the Emperor no longer has a true body and is solely comprised of Voice's... which would make what the Hand's told us to be true, from a certain point of view.

Path-x
07.20.2013 , 11:05 AM | #69
To me, Emperor (the real one) was killed by JK. If that was not the case then it would make the entire JK storyline, as well as Revan novel, pointless and ridiculous.

I hated the whole 1000 years old almighty Emperor in the first place.
Jedi: You won the day, Sith. So, kill me if you must.
Warrior: I must.

Beniboybling
07.20.2013 , 11:09 AM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Path-x View Post
To me, Emperor (the real one) was killed by JK. If that was not the case then it would make the entire JK storyline, as well as Revan novel, pointless and ridiculous.

I hated the whole 1000 years old almighty Emperor in the first place.
I like and I dislike it. I think it would have been quite cool to find out that the Emperor died ages ago, and all the time its just been a big myth to keep people in line. But hey, his story is interesting and an interesting exploration of lore pertaining to the Force.

I'm hoping he makes a come-back. And it will be interesting to see what happens when he finally experiences a spiritual death as well. The Emperor's voice actor is also awesome.