Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mass Manipulation Generator - where do these drop?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Mass Manipulation Generator - where do these drop?

DarthTexas
04.16.2013 , 10:22 AM | #1
This is the new Grade 10 purple exotic crafting material. One is needed for any of the Rank 30 item modifications that are learned from reverse engineering. Where does this drop?

The only confirmed location I've heard so far is the last boss of HM S&V & HM TFB. If that is really the only way to acquire them, then that is more proof BioWare is intent on killing all crafting.

If the HM final bosses are indeed the only source, then that means you have to clear a full instance that drops level 72 gear in order to get the crafting component to craft one level 69 item modification. I really hope this isn't the case, but with how everything else is with crafting in 2.0, it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Covenant of the Phoenix - Galactic Republic PvE
Official Site - Recruitment Post

BalphoWan
04.16.2013 , 12:27 PM | #2
Agreed. I would also like an answer on this subject. I don't think Rank 30 gear should be easy to learn and/or craft, especially considering 2.0 has been live for only a week. I don't want people buying their way to the top that soon. But I do think that if it only drops from last boss in HM Ops, that is far too sparse.

DarthTexas
04.16.2013 , 01:48 PM | #3
Rank 30 gear is the same level stuff that drops in HM FP's and story ops at 55, so being able to craft that gear isn't exactly unbalancing in any way.

Huckdabuck
04.17.2013 , 09:17 AM | #4
I've got two in my inventory at the moment but I can't remember if I got them in a SM op (TfB S&V) or via the mission reward for a first run on TfB with an alt.

xAyahuaskax
04.17.2013 , 10:18 AM | #5
Is it 100% u can't get these with RE'ing Arkanian and Black Market gear? If anyone got some of these with RE please post. I suspect there might have been something changed with these in last patch.

DarthTexas
04.17.2013 , 04:44 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by xAyahuaskax View Post
Is it 100% u can't get these with RE'ing Arkanian and Black Market gear? If anyone got some of these with RE please post. I suspect there might have been something changed with these in last patch.
100% you cannot get exotics from RE anymore.

Aerilas
04.19.2013 , 03:55 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Huckdabuck View Post
I've got two in my inventory at the moment but I can't remember if I got them in a SM op (TfB S&V) or via the mission reward for a first run on TfB with an alt.
I will help everybody here.

I just did TFB SM, and I got the Mass Manipulation Generator x2 from the mission quest reward. (the story one)
Vis Fatalis
Caineghis (Sniper) - Raelisa (Operative) - Micaiah (Sorcerer)
Saerali (Scoundrel)
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Naoshiki
04.29.2013 , 02:49 PM | #8
I have a thread in the suggestion box pertaining to the removal of the mass manipulation generators from level 30 craftable components. Please take time to read the post for the following link:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=632678

Hopefully you will comment to the linked post. Hopefully Bioware will go for the suggestion and THANK YOU for your time.
Don't Holocall and Speeder. It's the Law! - Audacious - Prophecy of the Five
Raiju, Feracity & Brynhìldr 55 Sorcs, Chervil 55 Sniper, Bvlgaris 55 Op
Silva'daeus 55 Bounty Hunter, Xavellia 55 Jug, Gianetta 55 PT
Malyponopos 55 Sent, Baby'Bátter 55 GS, Raijillia 55 Sage

Warconfessor
04.30.2013 , 11:37 AM | #9
These also drop from the seeker droid dig sites. Sometimes you'll get a purple box as the special treasure of the area and it can contain anything from basic comms to 3 mass manipulation generators so thats another way to obtain them if you have the time.

sumuji
05.02.2013 , 11:42 PM | #10
Yeah just doing a google search that pointed me here. After getting pissed off finally REing some stuff and getting a schematic only to see one of the compnents is pretty much from operations only. And cost 600-700k on the GTN. The price of the end result mod that I'd like to create and sell.

Getting tired of Bioware cuddling raiders when it comes to crafting. They're already gettign a chance at the best PvE gear in the game but do they really need to make them filthy rich too so they can add a bazillion more money sinks to the game? At the very least this component should be bought with coms on a venfor like Isotope-5. I took the chance REing stuff to learn so I feel like I should be able to make this thing without having to run operations. With 2.0 once again you'll have people that run operations having more credits than they know what to do with while everyone else has to fight for scraps.