Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Give back our Expertise!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Give back our Expertise!

XNimrodX's Avatar


XNimrodX
04.16.2013 , 06:38 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Sweeet View Post
So you actually think WH and EWH gear is viable at level 55? Because if you do, that is your problem right there... You are not supposed to wear that gear at 55, that was level 50 gear and is obsolete at 55. Why is that so hard for people to understand?
What are you talking about. Everyone is not going to start with a fresh set of 55 gear. We have to start somewhere. The removal of expertise was not on the PTS so ppl had no way of knowing that the gear would be Completely useless in 55. So some of us spent our coms. If they were going to make these kinds of changes they should have just reset everyones comes all together to lvl out the playing field.

Sweeet's Avatar


Sweeet
04.16.2013 , 06:45 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by XNimrodX View Post
What are you talking about. Everyone is not going to start with a fresh set of 55 gear. We have to start somewhere. The removal of expertise was not on the PTS so ppl had no way of knowing that the gear would be Completely useless in 55. On another note.. ppl dont just lvl doing pvp and even if you did lvl 50-55 in pvp.. you still wouldnt have the coms to buy a full set of the Partisan gear.
So what's the problem? Really?

You can now effectively use WH/EWH gear in WZ's as bolster gives you all the expertise you need. You can also use WH/EWH gear in PVE to level up to 55 as it is still better than most pre-55 gear.

So again what is the problem? If anything, WH/EWH gear is now MORE viable and beneficial than it was before, as you are getting the best of both worlds.

The only area it will affect you is open world PVP, but as expertise has been removed for EVERYONE, that is a non issue. Problem, I see none.

XNimrodX's Avatar


XNimrodX
04.16.2013 , 06:54 AM | #23
I guess it doesnt matter that my PVE gear is now better then my pvp gear. For pvp. Oh well.

cycao's Avatar


cycao
04.16.2013 , 06:59 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by XNimrodX View Post
Over achievers who take pride in being at the top of there game. Im not concerned with getting the new Gear. I will have that in time. But NOW, in that time.. I will have very little expertise and all the current work I have done has turned out to handicap rather than benefit me
Then that is all on you.

It was basically hitting 50 with max coms, if you did this you would be in a better spot and if someone didn't do this then they would come here to complain about having full recruit instead of getting a few pieces of wh right off the bat.

XNimrodX's Avatar


XNimrodX
04.16.2013 , 07:01 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Then that is all on you.

It was basically hitting 50 with max coms, if you did this you would be in a better spot and if someone didn't do this then they would come here to complain about having full recruit instead of getting a few pieces of wh right off the bat.
atleast recruit gear had expertise.. and that is in no way even close to the same issue here.

Princz's Avatar


Princz
04.16.2013 , 07:03 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by XNimrodX View Post
Over achievers who take pride in being at the top of there game. Im not concerned with getting the new Gear. I will have that in time. But NOW, in that time.. I will have very little expertise and all the current work I have done has turned out to handicap rather than benefit me
Everyone has the same handicap

So its not a handicap ....
Princz - Sage healer of the Republic
Fantastico - sneaky assasin of the Empire
"idiots are invincible"

XNimrodX's Avatar


XNimrodX
04.16.2013 , 07:06 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Princz View Post
Everyone has the same handicap

So its not a handicap ....
No, the ppl that didnt upgrade from there recruit gear and saved all the coms up, they have a one up now.

-IceHawk-'s Avatar


-IceHawk-
04.16.2013 , 07:07 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Princz View Post
Everyone has the same handicap

So its not a handicap ....
How is a system that still makes PVE gear superior to PVP gear not a handicap to players who are primarily geared as PVPers?

XNimrodX's Avatar


XNimrodX
04.16.2013 , 07:08 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by -IceHawk- View Post
How is a system that still makes PVE gear superior to PVP gear not a handicap to players who are primarily geared as PVPers?
I Agree!

Atramar's Avatar


Atramar
04.16.2013 , 07:08 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by -IceHawk- View Post
How is a system that still makes PVE gear superior to PVP gear not a handicap to players who are primarily geared as PVPers?
are you talking about WH/EWH on lowbies? or new Top Tier augumented on L 55?
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013