Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thanks Bioware- PvP is looking better!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Thanks Bioware- PvP is looking better!

Caeliux
04.18.2013 , 05:03 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by chaosmadness View Post
games are for fun.
^
/fin

WIZBASKY
04.18.2013 , 05:50 AM | #22
pvp is boring now, oh sure its more fun if your team is winning you get to just stand around and do big numbers on the noobs coming to the node, but like someone said earlier, 1.7 = tactics in wz, 2.0 = burst fest zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I cannot wait for a new mmo, coh2, dayz standalone to come out, so I can play something better, this game is so boring and annoying now, but nothing else worth playing.
Wìzbasky - 60 Operative - The Bastion - Server
Wizbasky - 60 Sorcerer - The Bastion - Server
Wizbasky - 60 Sniper - The Bastion - Server
Youtube Channel =Wizbasky

Kirtastropohe
04.18.2013 , 05:56 AM | #23
Pvp is not looking better. For many of us, we're not looking at it at all anymore. I''m done with it (and ergo the game) until they fix this mess and apologize for their idiocy. As I've said in other threads, this is what happens when you try to design a system that rewards or provides advantages to those who haven't earned or put in their pvp grind-time, when at the same time trying to tell us we need to grind out gear.

Uhm, F-that, when you make PVE gear better than the gear we ground out the last time, it's an insult.. Someone is going to get an advantage, and the fact that they've decided to screw the PVP base disgusts me.

WIZBASKY
04.18.2013 , 06:29 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Kirtastropohe View Post
Pvp is not looking better. For many of us, we're not looking at it at all anymore. I''m done with it (and ergo the game) until they fix this mess and apologize for their idiocy. As I've said in other threads, this is what happens when you try to design a system that rewards or provides advantages to those who haven't earned or put in their pvp grind-time, when at the same time trying to tell us we need to grind out gear.

Uhm, F-that, when you make PVE gear better than the gear we ground out the last time, it's an insult.. Someone is going to get an advantage, and the fact that they've decided to screw the PVP base disgusts me.
well said could not agree more, PvP at 55 is so pathetic, no fun AT ALL, 0, nada, not a bit.
Wìzbasky - 60 Operative - The Bastion - Server
Wizbasky - 60 Sorcerer - The Bastion - Server
Wizbasky - 60 Sniper - The Bastion - Server
Youtube Channel =Wizbasky

Rousso
04.18.2013 , 06:51 AM | #25
Well, I for one am loving the changes. I've *****ed and moaned and whined like the others since this game was released, I've left and re-joined a few times but I'm still here.

Why do I like it so much? PUGs are a lot more viable to play in now with the new bolster system; everyone can contribute equally, so even the worst player in the PUG is now dangerous enough to make a difference. The flip-side of this is that a match can feel a big like a zerg-fest, but every match I've been in so far has ended on fairly even standing (except huttball, but that wz was made for shadows / assassins).

I've yet to try 55 pvp (only 53 at the moment) so I'll see how that goes.

Toasted_Coconuts
04.18.2013 , 08:22 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Kirtastropohe View Post
... and apologize for their idiocy.
1. An engineer never apologize's for anything, ever.
2. A gaming company admitting mistakes, never.
3. Taking customer feedback seriously, HAW-HAW!
4. Ashara shutting her pie hole, keep wishing.

Laforet
04.18.2013 , 08:29 AM | #27
PvP is better at 2.0, there are advancements to be made yet but the game is deffinetevely better, this coming from someone who has harshly flamed pretty much every decision bioware made since 1.2.

Bolster is amazing, once they sort out the unintended "features" (naked bolster, crap gear overperforming, augment bugs) its going to be the best thing ever.

Abouth healing tho, i think they should make healing harder. The only criticism i have for 2.0 is that healing has become stupdily easy (for all 3 classes). They need to make healing play more engaging than just spamming AoE / HoTs / whatever floats commando healers boat and being able to get gazzilion heals.

Im not saying that spamming clunky abilities is the best way to heal, but healing is so EASY as of 2.0 that a player who spams salvation / medicine cockpack / whatever floats commandoes boat is playing as a baddie and still getting "rewarded" by getting astronomical healing scores.

Keep TTK as it is, nerf healing, or make it more engaging / harder. Get rid of mass AoE heals in PvP (make them weaker) and focus more on spot healing, no one thinks AoE healing belongs to PvP.

PvP is about movement and spot healing, not puddle spam.
Believer - Seer - Fatman - RETIRED

Rousso
04.19.2013 , 05:33 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Laforet View Post
*snip* / medicine cockpack / *snip*
Made my day!

Arutar
04.19.2013 , 06:31 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Genttry View Post
As of right now, playing a healing class is not as rewarding or as fun as in WoW. I personally think the reason for this is that healers aren't vital. If they are vital, it is only in ranked warzones and ...
Wait what? Healers are not vital?

On my server the determing factor for winning a WZ is: Do we have 2 competent healers? Do they have to competent healers?

If both are yes, it might be a good game. Otherwise the team without healers has a giant disadvantage right off the bat.

Granted, the role of healers in WOW was even more vital, until the point were people would directly leave the WZ if the other team had significantly better heal (thanks to the feature that you could see the enemy team before the start of the BG). But that was NO good thing.

lxynl
04.19.2013 , 07:17 AM | #30
First, lets remove or put on DR the many stuns, knockbacks, chokes, knockdows, roots, etc..... being stunned the whole time you are being killed isnt fun for anyone, it isn't skill.

As to bolster and expertise, right now expertise is the main stat for pvp and does more for your character than any other stat while in a wz. You can try this out yourself and see the results. As to bolster and the removal of exper from war hero gear...hahahaha, I might not get new gear cause when I go into wz with no exper it gives me over 1900, and I can see from this thread many of you dont think this is broken?

If you are having fun with this game I am happy for you, but honestly if this game is so good and BW/EA are doing such a good job explain why this game has dropped from millions of subs to a few hunderd k and continues to lose subs every day.

Do I want this game to suceed, sure, I had high hopes when I subed in at the launch, but in the end its up to BW/EA to make this game work, to begin listening to customer feedback. This is a business and like any other business if the product you provide doesnt satisfy the consumer then you lose customers until the business dies.

To many of my guildies, including myself, see the xpac as trash and as I read through the dev comments on why they did what to which class, I can only say....what you are intending is not working either its bad in concept or fail in game.

I have to believe they don't play their own game, its the only explaination I can come up with for their total disconnect from in game play and what they "think" in game play is like.