Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

W.T.F is up with this one time password b.s.!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
W.T.F is up with this one time password b.s.!!!

wairuakaha
04.15.2013 , 09:39 PM | #1
It took three attempts to log into my account on this website coz the frikkin OTP took too long to hit my email account!!

THIS is precisely what I feared when I posted yesterday about this singular gateway into the game which is now in the "hands" of yet another broken and unreliable system under the control of the a-wipes that manage this game.

What a way to destroy the already jaded and shaken confidence of your player base.

You folks should write the book on how best to destroy a MMO - you've redfined and broken so many new grounds on this front it leaves most of us dumbfounded - usually too dumbfounded to know how to best respond since it just defies reason!

Well done!

Now I can only pray today's patch will either fix this OTP rubbish or bring back the security question system which were within the player's control

Coolanza
04.15.2013 , 09:52 PM | #2
Three? This might sound harsh but consider yourself lucky. I'm on try 13 and I still haven't logged in once. It worked first time to get into the website, but I can't get into the game at all. I've been going at this for 3 hours.
Republic Templars
Republic Guild PVP/ RP

shadmanfl
04.16.2013 , 01:36 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by wairuakaha View Post
It took three fckn attempts to log into my account on this website coz the frikkin OTP took too fckn long to hit my email account!!

THIS is precisely what I feared when I posted yesterday about this singular gateway into the game which is now in the "hands" of yet another broken and unreliable system under the control of the a-wipes that manage this game.

What a way to destroy the already jaded and shaken confidence of your player base.

You folks should write the book on how best to destroy a MMO - you've redfined and broken so many new grounds on this front it leaves most of us dumbfounded - usually too dumbfounded to know how to best respond since it just defies reason!

Well done! Keep up the S.H.I.T. job!

Now I can only pray today's patch will either fix this OTP rubbish or bring back the security question system which were within the player's control

Get a security key, more secure and no more one time wait for email that may not come junk. Plus free extra cartel coins each month.

septicbrainfluid
04.16.2013 , 02:01 AM | #4
What's just as annoying is all the attempts it takes, I how long I takes the bloody emails to reach my gmail inbox. It took me 20 minutes to log in to the game tonight. That is insane, and it is average time it has taken me since the have introduced this overblown security system. I feel like getting a refund on my subscription and the expansion; I know that's not possible.

You know what else is annoying? Eversingle time someone complaines about this some says 'just buy the usb security key and if your to cheap to buy that just get the FREE app for your smart phone!'. At least the person who suggested it above me was polite about it. Most people are down right rude/hostile about it.

I don't own a smart phone, nor do I want one, which is why I don't own one. I also do not want a bloody usb dongle to have to search around for everytime I want to play a f'n pc game. And no i dont want to leave it hooked up, I've got enough usb peripherals hooked up as is.

My bank doesnt have this much security why the F should a video game.

wairuakaha
04.16.2013 , 04:48 AM | #5
Tried logging in this evening into this website to determine what I need to navigate to, to unsubscribe if this b.s. is not resolved soon and it took me 6 attempts with the five previous One Time Passwords FAILING to let me log in.

I am not sure if this is because it got timed out because of how long it took to hit my email account or I was issued passwords that did not sync with my account log in

WHAT A DAMNED MESS!

ChrisMattar
04.16.2013 , 05:47 AM | #6
Seriously guys stop being little cry babies and get a security key on your phone its free its fast and its for your own safety. Far better to have that than get hacked imo. Having a security key will also get you 100 extra cartel coins a month which is great. Why does every little thing have to have drama around it.

Swordy
04.16.2013 , 05:49 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ChrisMattar View Post
Seriously guys stop being little cry babies and get a security key on your phone its free its fast and its for your own safety. Far better to have that than get hacked imo. Why does every little thing have to have drama around it.
To be fair, that may require people to buy a brand new phone for the purposes of this.

I wonder if something like BlueStacks (an Android emulator that runs on the PC and is free to download) might be the help people need here in getting a security key instead of the one time password malarky?

Pippoff
04.16.2013 , 06:52 AM | #8
Not all of us have a mobile phone!
Buy another piece of equipment to use a game you're subscribed to??

Maggerai
04.16.2013 , 07:26 AM | #9
I'm bumping this. I am not logging in from a different computer and the one time password takes over ten tries to work. It's madness.

Lissia
04.16.2013 , 07:37 AM | #10
One-Time Password Madness

BW has finally replied to us in the above thread. There is a 'fix' on page 23, hopefully this helps.
~*~Step follows step~*~